Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: increase melee range

A fist having 10m range? xD

No.

Funcom. MUST. Fix... the lag between connections problem.

NOW.

Or I'll send more hate emails.

Other than that...... really... that bug sucks... in pvm also... Can't you like... FOR ONCE STOP THINKING OF MORE NEW STUFF AND FIX THE DAMN PROBLEMS THAT EXIST FOR 6 YEARS NOW?

AND I LOVE CAPS.

Don't think they'd help either.

Lol.

Just read through the entire thread. I think ONE person sarcastically mentioned a 10m increase. Now despite anyone and everyone MELEE based saying that 10m would be ludicrous, just try 1-2m on test and see how it works out (if we can get enough people on test to try in heavily loaded situations that is) people are -still- quoting/posting/flaming this magic 10 number, despite it being totally irrelevant.

Any posts made by anyone from now moaning about/whining about how stupid a 10m increase would be, officially declare the poster as an idiot, mkay?

To the issue at hand. Obviously an actual fix would be great. Some people cite the game's age as a reason it "can't" be fixed. Well issues like this were fixed in Unreal Tournament, an engine released before AO so shouting about age, is stupid. If it isn't possible due to poor design in the AO engine, fine, but "age" isn't the issue here.

shadowgod, I'm glad I don't have an MP. I'd hate to have you representing me to FC with your quite frankly immature and aggressive attitude, along with a complete failure to understand/implement sarcasm. I guess anyone can be a Professional these days eh? I should have applied for the Keeper post in that sense.

Long term, it stands to reason to expect melee to get love again. I've played long enough now to see that trends happen...melee profs were far superior for a while and now some support professions have been given a big boost in power, as have ranged professions. While its a shame I can no longer duel with a soldier on my keeper, it isn't exactly life effecting and I move on/adjust.

If people engage their brains a little more in PVP, instead of just crying when button mashing != death of target, they'd realise that a lot of these issues can be worked around. Time your attacks better, realise who you can and cannot fight/defeat and play to the strengths of your profession. An MP can't stand up against a keeper, but I've seen soldiers, now my biggest nemesis, fall against an MP. It amuses me greatly that for ages now people have screamed and stamped and shouted for more balance in PVP and now that its started to come, they're still not happy because the professions that were generally punching bags aren't anymore and precious title points aren't as easy to get.

Everybody, EVERYBODY is now whining. Nerf Keepers. Nerf Soldiers. Nerf NTs. Nerf Fixers. Good god people. You all want a challenge then bitch when the challenge is provided!!

Soldier: WAAAAHHH I have 3 nemesis professions now!! Engis/NTs/Traders! Boo hoo big deal. Try playing a keeper and pvp'ing against anything RANGED. At least when you blow an Enforcers cocoon away and hit them with the 5k damage THROUGH ABSORBS they can handle the hit to HP. A 5k hit to me is 25% of my health. Through absorbs. Then you get fling/perks after tossing away my absorbs. You get AMS. I'd gladly swap 1:20 AMS with 40 second recharge for 30 seconds of cocoon that can now be one shotted with a 1:40 recharge. WTB? I thought not.

Example:

On the Battlestation, do I engage every fixer/soldier/agent I see? No. I ignore them/avoid them and go about my task at hand, ie, capping a point. Any decent melee profession should be able to scare away a fixer long enough to get back about your business, or just play along with Aimshot Online joke and pound on them with your AS swap. Everyone has a nemesis or three. That's why the side that plays best as a team/hunts in packs wins.

Unfortunately, most are too selfish/too clueless to implement this. It seems that if everyone was to get their way everyone would have an identical toolset to properly "balance out" the playfield. This is insane. Every profession has strengths and weaknesses. If you set up a pvp team with a doc/trader/NT/Keeper/soldier you'd have a formidable and successful force against ANY of the "lulz I r t3h ub4r twink ph34r my pwnage" solo running idiots of ANY profession.

Sorry for such a rant that kind of wandered OT a tad. But my god the lack of brains applied to replies in this thread just goes to show what PVP in AO has become, merely a crowd of people with IQs lower than their shoe size causing frustration for people that -actually- bothered to learn how to play their class and play well.

In summation, for the CURRENT and VALID issue the OP is complaining about, add 1-2m range for melee and see how it goes. And make perks base off weapon range while you're at it. (Before people start crying about the sacrosanct sword staff, cap it to whatever cap you wish.)
    Last edited by Hacre; Aug 8th, 2007 at 19:35:03. Reason: typo
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Well thats the old problem with a melee weapon, it has a short range and you can try to run away from a swordsman or knifer That's why we are not using swords in wars today.

And there even are available melee weapons with 25m range so why not to get one:

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=212619

If even this is not enough, well, buff runspeed
    Last edited by amleeth; Aug 8th, 2007 at 08:48:49.

Quote Originally Posted by amleeth View Post
    And there even are available melee weapons with 25m range so why not to get one:
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=212619
    Maybe because it's crap? Available does not equal viable, not to even mention.. That weapon is not available to my keeper.
    Sacrosanct
    Ofab Wolf

If even this is not enough, well, buff runspeed

Which does not really help a lot, if at all... Been there, tried that...
    If the opoonent keeps trying to run away from you in a straight line, then it would prolly help a lot, but funny thing is... they don't...
    Last edited by Mekh; Aug 8th, 2007 at 10:36:17.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Maybe because it's crap? Available does not equal viable, not to even mention.. That weapon is not available to my keeper.
    Sacrosanct
    Ofab Wolf

Man you honestly got me here, what to say? Maybe, this? Cobra

And note that this is a mighty weapon of GRANDMASTER ASSASSIN!
    Last edited by amleeth; Aug 8th, 2007 at 10:51:05.

Man you honestly got me here, what to say? Maybe, this? Cobra

And note that this is a mighty weapon of GRANDMASTER ASSASSIN!
    Which is prolly why so few use it afaik...

EDIT:
    I took the liberty of adjusting a few numbers on your link, to what I guess is a bit more likely of a grandmaster assasin. I do suspect tho, that an average agent may have even more than 20% crit chance on average... no idea how much tho.
    Cobra
    Last edited by Mekh; Aug 8th, 2007 at 11:10:08.

Which is prolly why so few use it afaik...

EDIT:
    I took the liberty of adjusting a few numbers on your link, to what I guess is a bit more likely of a grandmaster assasin. I do suspect tho, that an average agent may have even more than 20% crit chance on average... no idea how much tho.
    Cobra
    You are right, forgot to adjust the values, my wrong, I'm sorry.

But if you gave melee range then it wouldn't be melee anymore now would it.
    Whine more plz I feed on your tears

Ethernal- "Friends don't let friends infonet drunk"

My internet is waaaay faster than yours so you can suck my fiberoptic!

Quote Originally Posted by Kranden View Post
    But if you gave melee range then it wouldn't be melee anymore now would it.
    Melee has range too you know.... just not as much as projectile weapons...

What people here wan't is something to make up for the sync issue, unless FC finds a way to fix that.
    Last edited by Mekh; Aug 8th, 2007 at 11:34:09.

What bout us poor lil MAs?

All the hate!

Yeah, yeah... everyone will say now "MAs are the best DD ingame (Which might be true in some cases, very false in others)", also the one I love "I've seen many MAs with HIGH pvp titles in BS!".

Right. Many... would be more than 2-4 MAs... so I'd like those MAs who truly feel we're a asset in pvp raise their hand and tell me it is so.

Of all the things we have been forced to do for pvp, a thing I threw away completely, I don't seem to recognize MA as a crit/fist fighting evade class... but a sneaky AS/SA ho, that runs away from others.

You may propose that useless weapon to keepers that has 25m range... but to us... you can't really change the fist range.
    So I just want that client lag... f.i.x.e.d.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrana View Post
    ...snip...
    So I just want that client lag... f.i.x.e.d.
    So do I, but if they can't they should do a workaround imo.

Well, we waited quitely and hopefully for the fantistic new servers that would fix the melee problems..

..but they didn't fix them. Sync issue remains the same and it seems it always will.

So.. BUMP for increasing melee range! (and obviously not by like 20m.. but a reasonable amount that will still make some difference - I dunno maybe 1 or 2 metres or something, perks as well)
    Last edited by dododo2; Nov 3rd, 2007 at 07:03:40.
    Dodo0 220/30 Clan NM Fixer - the first in AO!
    Dododo1 220/30 Retired
    Fixzorr 75/8 Retired PvP vid

EX-President of SPARTANS
    Guide to raiding Pande

- currently inactive -

/signed
    Dexter Lordplayer Morgan Atrox Keeper - 220/23/70 - Main, Keepers FTW!
    Aimone Playerq Tribute Atrox Enforcer 150/18/42 - Aliumz tanking twink - equipment
    Patrick Pillpopper Bateman Atrox Doctor 60/6/6 - ToTW semi-twink
    Parisienne Meta Walkways Nanomage MP 163/??/9 - Baffs
    Funk Playernt Technician Solitus NT 139/??/5 - Amateur Kiter
    Creamy Fullautolube Goodness Opifex Soldier 174/??/9 - FC luv child

are charge, intercept and shadowsteps copyrighted trademarks?
    steal those ideas FC!

Lag issues CANT be fixed on a game like AO... The servers would need to be split more locally, probally America, Europe and Asia

So RK-1 = only americans , RK-2 = only asians and DNW seams logical for Europe

However i certianly wouldnt like that, so a work around does need to be found, and adding 2m range to all melee weps + perks is as good an answer as any.

Someone posted before that SOMETIMES on their soldier they couldnt hit/ perk melee useres who looked in range...

Well if i atack someone on the BS and they run away from me about 60-70% of the time its stupidly hard to hit them and dont even talk about perking them (tried landing a 3-4 perk chain on a proff while trying to strafe run to stay in front of them and watching for any sudden movements of course and tring to predict it. Ever tried? no ? thought not.
    Enfizzle 220/30/70 Enforcer e
    Zdocta 220/30/70 Doctor e
    Nukizzle 220/26/70 NT e
    Engiz 220/30/64 Engineer e

People complaining about that issue is %200 right, however; increasing melee range.. erm.. should not be the solution for that. "Melee!=Ranged" Not even close. (10-15m range is a LOT for melee tbh)
    since 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskarin View Post
    People complaining about that issue is %200 right, however; increasing melee range.. erm.. should not be the solution for that. "Melee!=Ranged" Not even close. (10-15m range is a LOT for melee tbh)
    An increase in range of 2 meters as mentioned above would result in a range of 6 meters for the Ofab Wolf, not 15-20 meters....

A perk like SnD would have a range of 5 meters if it was increased by 2 meters.

An increase in range of 2 meters as mentioned above would result in a range of 6 meters for the Ofab Wolf, not 15-20 meters....

A perk like SnD would have a range of 5 meters if it was increased by 2 meters.
    No thanks.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrana View Post
    A fist having 10m range? xD

No.

Funcom. MUST. Fix... the lag between connections problem.

NOW.
    no offense... but since fc upgraded the servers i see 3 times as much lag ghosts as i did before. so do others. wonder how they configured their new servers.

and ontopic wtb 20% procchance for 2k snare on new bracers. whyd soldiers get a snare proc again?
    Nekrofiil: | Your smart ass thread got deleted. I feel sorry for you
    --- cut wrists imho :>
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Hi!
    The professionals program was my idea, I brought it up with Cosmik many many many years ago now as an idea to filter poor and inaccurate feedback from the playerbase. I've been a professional twice, fyi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avon
    all hail the invincible ma, you're just so amazing in pvp. will you teach me to be good like you?
    [Redliner]: What I write on forums is one thing, how I act ingame is another story. If you have any complaints about my ingame behaviour, feel free to send any AvR officer a tell

Quote Originally Posted by PooNaGe
    didnt i previously suggest i was retarded?
    you may now take it as a fact

Quote Originally Posted by Yue View Post
    whyd soldiers get a snare proc again?
    'cos everyone and his aunt can root/snare them without any problem?

WTB the same for tl5 soljas.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast