Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: increase melee range

increase melee range

right next to a guy.. but he happens to be running (slowly!). Still cant perk him.. then maybe I get one off.. but then the next one (which cannot land until the first one has landed) is out of range. When it finally is in range.. its too late for it to land.. and so on. and so on. and so on. Happens all the time.

Is this how we are meant to be playing?

This is rediculous!! Fix it!

- or do u want even more melee to quit the game???

ps. y, I have a very good connection and a very good computer..
    Dodo0 220/30 Clan NM Fixer - the first in AO!
    Dododo1 220/30 Retired
    Fixzorr 75/8 Retired PvP vid

EX-President of SPARTANS
    Guide to raiding Pande

- currently inactive -

FC: "There seems to be nothing wrong on our side, it must be your ISP."
    Me: "d00d, I leik t0t4ly pwn f1b3r 0pt1c5!! 17 c4n'7 b3 m3h c0nn3c710nz!!!"
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Melee has absolutely no chance of hitting the target if it has even a little bit more runspeed than us. We have to be running "in front of" the target to be able to perk him and evem then, all he has to do is change direction and it's useless.

...and before someone tells me to use /follow, I do and I know it doesn't work. For some odd reason, my char slows down if it gets closer to its target, so if my target is constantly on the move, I will never be able to perk him if I have /follow on.

Sounds fair? The kiter can move around freely and focus on shooting specials and perks. The melee has to put a lot of focus into using his/her keyboard to follow the kiting target and still try to hit perks at the right moment.

Fix this Funcom! This is riddiculous!
    Add range to all melee weapons.

25 m at least.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

10m to all melee weps and melee perks would ease quite a bit on the sorrow, whillst still letting ranged keep their 'range'.

Currently melee weapons have a range of 2-5m, with the notable exception of the flying bomerang sword ofc.

Perks, who really are the backbuster, have ranges of 3m, with AI-perks having 5m. 25m would be plain borked, as we all know, who've actually used the blade of bomerangishness. 10m, however would, whillst not negating ranged supremacy, help a lot with server-client-sync issues. Imho.
    Proud member of the Wolf Brigade, a supporter of the NDI.

{Edited by Corwynn - Profanity, even badly spelt, is against the forum guidelines}
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    "Hush little baby, don't say a word"
    "Mommy's gonna get you an Ofab Bird."
    "If that Ofab Bird won't swing"
    "Mommy's gonna buy you an Ofab Ring."

Bump this, 10m sounds good

I got the same problem with an Assaultrifle at times
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Well, then try imagining it with a melee range of 2m...

{Edited by Corwynn - Profanity, even badly spelt, is against the forum guidelines}

How about melee Range Increaser's instead. That way we have to sacrifice something, say a Hud1 slot, as opposed to just upping the range on every melee weapon.

Make it Tradeskillable based on CL so it can scale and available in QL's 1-300.

Give it a maximum added range of say 7 meters, which would give most weapons 9-10 Meters range.

Have the requirement for equipping be the actually melee skill, 2HE, 1HE, etc.

That seems a fair trade off.

/Harls
    Let's argue about you. It's so fun to hear all about you and the you things you do. Tell me what you want because you are the most important and only person who matters to you.

If it would work on perks aswell, i'd toss away* my sanc keys faster than you could say... something glib yet generally witty.

Problem is to some extent that most, if not all, melee alphas have a heavy usage of perks, and that increasing weapon range is in itself good, little is really remedied (mostly talking about the client-server sync wingdings here) without pushing perks with them.

*toss away=stuffing back in bag

Quote Originally Posted by Broxma View Post
    How about melee Range Increaser's instead. That way we have to sacrifice something, say a Hud1 slot, as opposed to just upping the range on every melee weapon.

Give it a maximum added range of say 7 meters, which would give most weapons 9-10 Meters range.

/Harls
    Why the bloody hell should we have to sacrifice anything to be able to use our toolset ALMOST as easily as a ranged person.

Like Gwen says, i use follow alot to find my targets, But i run and catch upto some of them usualy if i'm Lucky enough for a nice fixer to buffed me GSF.. then i can keep up or outrun most targets... but with follow now it seems to be changed that the follow distance inst enough to be able to hit or perk people..

So yeah increase the range a touch so that /follow is within dmg/perking distance,.. when i chase people somtimes i see them running half a circle then they dissapear away out in front then do the same again, i duno whether they will back track or keep going.. and i have the visual bug when hcasing people.

Why don't you just remove roots and snares or give it to melee.. since ranged even rooted could hit a target, melee can't so it would make sense.

FIX IT please !!!
    or/and add a snare to all ranged weapons to make it fair
    kiting and such is the most "unfair" part of AO's pvp atm
    Last edited by amiryde; Jun 26th, 2007 at 14:48:57.

No reason to nerf ppl's toolset... Just reducing the server-client sync issues when faced with 2k+ runspeed. 10m would have minimal effect on pvm too, afaik, unless some mighty mob has been planned to have a 7.5m range nuke.

It's a good suggestion, but the nerf snares/roots is not the issue at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Broxma View Post

/Harls
    I don't think people should have to sacrifice for this. Its really just a backdoor way to fix a bug.

this is the most glaring & unacceptable problem facing melee ingame today, fix please

/signed

and to the guy suggesting that we should have to sacrifice equipment slots to 'fix' broken game mechanics...dude, just think about that abit...next you'll be wanting Mocham's Staff of Pet Pathing (with 2HE req ofc)...
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

It has nothing to do with melee. I have same problem with ranged weapons atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferlorn View Post
    No reason to nerf ppl's toolset... Just reducing the server-client sync issues when faced with 2k+ runspeed. 10m would have minimal effect on pvm too, afaik, unless some mighty mob has been planned to have a 7.5m range nuke.

I agree with reducing the server-client sync issues when faced with 2k+ runspeed!!

On a sidenote...
    10 meters does in fact Nerf a Crats PvP toolset:

With a weapon that had a range of 10 Meters..
    Yatamutchy Movement Predictor -Xl1
    +
    Targeting Scope - Vision Enhancer

A Melee person would have a weapon that stretches 20 meters... hmmm.. 20 meter melee weapon.... do any of you have an idea of how far 20 meters is? The best ranged is only 40 meters... that seems pretty unrealistic especially for fists...

the above though can stretch the 4 Meter melee weapons to 8 meters.. which is close to what you all want.

Anarchy Online is supposed to be more about team/group PvP and in teams/groups you can have someone with roots/snares assist ya.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    It has nothing to do with melee. I have same problem with ranged weapons atm.
    having a lot of problems AS'ing people right in front of ya eh?
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast