Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Fix Initiatives! (Except Nano)

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

I would have to disagree. The fact that Recharge doesn't follow any rules for any rhyme or reason shows that. It needs to be fixed.

I wouldn't put too much faith in Funcoms coding, they have fixed many skills over time.
    Well, it follows a very very simple rule: only skillraised ini matters for recharge. And the reason being also logical: that ini lowering items are not supposed to slow down recharge (the scopes are the prime example).

As they don't track where any plus or minus to a skill comes from other than pure skill, ability bonus and other-modifiers, they most likely copped out on trying to do a fancy piece of ini code and just went and used pure skill. Sure you could try to get them to code it so that ability, implant +ini matters, and debuff -ini matters and buff +ini matters, but equipment -ini doesn't matter. Of course, then they would probably also change it to 1sec/600 ini, resulting in pretty much ... well lot of work for nothing really useful.

They _should_ just say that "it is working as intended", so we could bury the issue. Knowing Funcom, isn't very likely to happen.

Actually recharge is not affected by inits at all, this is the same for all weapon types including nanos...

That was stated somewhere in a thread a long time ago... can't remember where...
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

Originally posted by Flapsie
    Actually recharge is not affected by inits at all, this is the same for all weapon types including nanos...

That was stated somewhere in a thread a long time ago... can't remember where...
    Thats wrong. It doesnt effect recharge on NANO. On weapons it greatly effects recharge.

Just a quick note, you can check your base init just by shift left clicking the skill. No need for crazy formulas. I for one think that the amount added by abilities (Str, Sta...) is too small to tell wether it has an effect or not so this base rating would be enough to determine your effect on recharge.
    Last edited by Eurus; Sep 10th, 2002 at 17:28:15.

Re: Fix Initiatives! (Except Nano)

I posted this on another board, but I actually meant to post it here.

Currently, Initiatives are broken. Why you ask? Actually, only half of the effect of initiatives are broken. The "Attack" part of a weapon that Inits effect is currently working properly. However, the "Recharge" part if it is not working correctly at all.

Why you ask?

Because the "Recharge" time is NOT effected by:

1) Buffs
    2) Debuffs
    3) Implants
    4) Base Ability Points that add to the skill.

What this basically means is that the ONLY time Recharge of a particular weapon effects recharge is when you actually spend IP to raise the skill.

This ALSO means that a Doctors -1400 Init Debuff has no effect on the recharge of a weapon. This ALSO means that Offensive Steamrollers +114ish Inits has no effect on Recharge. This also means that The +180 From the TIM Scope has NO effect on Recharge. This also means that the +Ranged Init from Implants have NO effect on recharge.

** THIS ALSO MEANS that the -Inits from TARGETING SCOPES AND LOW LIGHT SCOPES have NO effect on Recharge speed!

Is that clear? I hope it is. Please fix this and fix this soon!
    Hard to say somthing is broken until you know how its suppose to work. Last theory I heard was that only IP points in init effected the recharge, implants or buffs or debuffs did not.

Until funcom comes out and says they are broke or tells us how they are suppose to work (fat chance) I cant say they are broke.

~aqua

Arrow Well...

If FC doesn't even know whether inits are broken or not, kinda moot point eh?
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

i'm still very confused bout inits....
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

LOL

Inits bugged since begining, N inits too, Nresist too
    Just keep illusion that FC listen to u lol

Is there a chart posted somewhere that shows how init's are supposed to work?
    ie so many points of ranged init to make a certian gun 1 sec faster firing?
    Rk1- Sol Epsilon3

-Gameover Man
    -Summoned, I come. I take the place which has been Prepared for me. I am grey, I stand between the candle and the star. We are grey, we stand between the darknes, and the light.

Bah!

Just max the **** and shoot faster...!
    .: Naraya :.

I emailed Cz about it. This is what he said.

Cz:
    Hi Lucid Flow,

I can't comment on that, as I don't have any knowledge about it.
    However, I will enter it into our report system as a bug, and have PQA
    test it, and the coders look into it.

Feel free to let people know that in the thread.

Regards,

Thomas 'Cz' Johnsen
    Funcom Community Team

I would have to disagree. The fact that Recharge doesn't follow any rules for any rhyme or reason shows that. It needs to be fixed.

I wouldn't put too much faith in Funcoms coding, they have fixed many skills over time.
    well it is called Init short for initialization or attack, so the recharge not being affected wouldn't seem to far fetch

~aqua

Originally posted by Aqua

well it is called Init short for initialization or attack, so the recharge not being affected wouldn't seem to far fetch

~aqua
    It's called Init for short because the name of the skills are called Initiatives. That that is irrelevant. The fact that Cz read email, commented on it and called it a **BUG** tells me even he believes its not supposed to work that way.

Why are you so insistant? NO OTHER skill in the game works this way, why would there be an exception for 1 skill?

It's called Init for short because the name of the skills are called Initiatives. That that is irrelevant. The fact that Cz read email, commented on it and called it a **BUG** tells me even he believes its not supposed to work that way.

Why are you so insistant? NO OTHER skill in the game works this way, why would there be an exception for 1 skill?
    well first thing, this was the second time I am aware that I have replied to this thread, second no where did CZ called it a bug he said he would place it in the bug database for testing, which is what they do to test to see if an item has a bug or not. Even if he did he is a board moderator not a developer I am sure there are many things in AO that are a mystery to him too. Lastly why do you insist somthing is broken because it doesn't work the way you want it to?

Are you privy to some inside information? Has funcom told you how it was suppose to work?

I am not being insistant I just don't like to see people jump to unfounded conclusions.

~aqua

Originally posted by Aqua
    I am not being insistant I just don't like to see people jump to unfounded conclusions.
    Ok. For what logical reason would this skill work differently then EVERY OTHER SKILL in the game?

That's foundation enough.

Ok. For what logical reason would this skill work differently then EVERY OTHER SKILL in the game?

Since your assumption is they affect two different variables, (attack and recharge times) the only thing i can think to compare them to is abilities and that just doesn't make sense.

If you think they only change the attack time then they work like all the other skills in the game. Like I said though I don't know how they work, so I can't really answer the question.

~aqua
    Last edited by Aqua; Sep 11th, 2002 at 21:58:37.

well how do tehy work then?
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

How about, if it didn't work differently from all the others then we wouldn't need a skill system, we'd only need one skill. Let's call it "Do ****". If your "Do ****" skill isn't high enough, you can't do ****.

FC's way sounds a lot better, doesn't it?

Sadly the only information we do have to base our conceptions on how a skill is supposed to work is the in game/offline(paper)/online(web site) manual which is so inconsistent and full of errors that it is useless. We don't "know" how some skills are supposed to work and the information we have been given is extremely vague or obviously inaccurate.

For an example of how bad the situation is read the description of Aimed shot in the online manual and compare it to what is in game. The first thing that should come to mind as being wrong is the fact that aimed shot is 100% reliant on sense in game and online it says that it's 100% reliant on agility. Second thing that rings untrue is the fact that it states that aimed shot when fired undetected will fire a greatly enhanced damage shot and when fired while detected will do the amount of damage as a regular shot. Ask any agent and they will tell you that this is not how aimed shot currently functions. Yet we have to base our conceptions on what Funcom tells us...unfortunately we can't trust what they tell us because nothing has been updated since beta...early beta at that.
    Graxulus Solitus Soldier Atlantean (RK1) - Current Main
    Graxas Solitus agent Atlantean
    Graxxus Opifex agent Atlantean
    Graxxius Atrox agent Rimor <Retired>

heehee

I don't care about my RI (j/k) as long as I have uber snares and I can always run away like the legato Fixa' I am.

Yah, well...... I heard that you need about 300-400 RI to increase Atk by 1 second, and that Recharge is not affected by this until a certain point (High high high RI).

I don't wanna get arguing on game mechanics.... so I'll leave it at this:

If it's broke, fix it. If FC says they fixed it, they lie.

K? Thx.
    Pfft, the GMs and ARKs aren't rid of me yet! Back for a third round, in this corner, we have Vamp. Weighing in at a buck-fiddy and lovin' all the bitties.

Donations to the "Why Did Vamp Give All His Gearz Away" fund are now being accepted. Either that, or a friendly hello.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast