Thread: Fix Initiatives! (Except Nano)

Fix Initiatives! (Except Nano)

Currently, Initiatives are broken. Why you ask? Actually, only half of the effect of initiatives are broken. The "Attack" part of a weapon that Inits effect is currently working properly. However, the "Recharge" part if it is not working correctly at all.

Why you ask?

Because the "Recharge" time is NOT effected by:

1) Buffs
    2) Debuffs
    3) Implants
    4) Base Ability Points that add to the skill.

What this basically means is that the ONLY time Recharge of a particular weapon effects recharge is when you actually spend IP to raise the skill.

This ALSO means that a Doctors -1400 Init Debuff has no effect on the recharge of a weapon. This ALSO means that Offensive Steamrollers +114ish Inits has no effect on Recharge. This also means that The +180 From the TIM Scope has NO effect on Recharge. This also means that the +Ranged Init from Implants have NO effect on recharge.

** THIS ALSO MEANS that the -Inits from TARGETING SCOPES AND LOW LIGHT SCOPES have NO effect on Recharge speed!

Is that clear? I hope it is. Please fix this and fix this soon!

Yea, pretty much that's how it works. But this could be the way it was intended...kinda doubt any designer from FC will add his 0.02$ (but I hope anyway )

Arrow

1-3 pan out perfectly in testing, but are you sure about #4?

I dont think my defender would've capped at 1/1 at title4 for me if it was. Only ~400 'spent' points versus ~500 'base' points.

Would be hard to tell but I didn't notice a speedup after title5.

Granted we are talking about the difference between 1/1.16 (if 4 is true) and 1/1 (if 4 is not) but I did do a ton of missions

BTW, the current setup is a lot better for some weapons. Ithaca for example West Wind Katana (1/3) if it ever drops later, lol high level mas can scope to hell and back with that. No problems for a title5/6 ma to get 120 init (for fists) using a 15% scope Even if #4 is true, a title6 has ~600 spent points. Scoped nova flows favor as well, only need 300 shown.
    Last edited by Mercatura; Sep 7th, 2002 at 14:16:56.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

why not nano

so you want the ability for recharge to be affected for everything but nukes, well nukes are an nt's guns and recharge taken away could help us, maybe if the ability for it to affect recharge would only activate like dimach , not the time restraint but the no weapon restraint, if we have no weapons we could insta nuke? we were meant for dmg with weakness, but we just got weakness.

Re: why not nano

Originally posted by Robert1007
    so you want the ability for recharge to be affected for everything but nukes, well nukes are an nt's guns and recharge taken away could help us, maybe if the ability for it to affect recharge would only activate like dimach , not the time restraint but the no weapon restraint, if we have no weapons we could insta nuke? we were meant for dmg with weakness, but we just got weakness.
    Actually, that is irrelevant. Recharge HAS effect on weapons already. If you SPEND ip in Initiatives, that effects the rehcarge of the weapon indefinatly. HOWEVER, Buffs, Implants and Scopes do not effect recharge what so ever.

That being said, I think it's a bug.