Thread: Friends of the Rhinomen (FoR)

Friends of the Rhinomen (FoR)

Friends of the Rhinomen (FoR), is a cross-faction movement to support the rights of the Rhinoman people here on Rubi-Ka. The Rhinomen are a peaceful, sentient and unique species who live without the protection of the ICC law.

Other than an obscure treaty with Newland City signed last December, the notion of Rhinoman sovereignty is mostly ignored by Omni-Tek, the Clans and Neutrals alike.

Specifically FoR objects to:

1. The hunting of Rhinomen for profit or sport, which is largely condoned by society.

2. The small cash bonus Omni-Tek offers for each Rhinoman killed. This part of programme of cash rewards, which Omni-Tek offers for the killing of various pest and dangerous wildlife, clearly should not apply to the Rhinomen.

3. Notum mines and human cities being built upon Rhinoman lands without any permission sought of compensation offered.

Working together FoR believes we can all learn to deal fairly with our horned friends!

For donations or just more information on FoR, speak to Greenwolf or Savoy.

Savoy - South Rubi-Ka Sociery
    Last edited by Savoy; Jun 16th, 2007 at 12:00:41.

I hope for, and try to work for, the peaceful co-existence of all humanoids upon Rubi-Ka.

I would like to help lend my voice to this cause. It is too bad that the noble Rhinopeople have been abused and looked over for so long.
    - Secretary "Linaacrat" Flowers
    Bureaucrat to Rubi-Ka ((Also offering doctor, engineering, and adventuring assistance.))

Come visit the new Healing Hands

Hindsight isn't 20/20 when your rearview mirror is broken..

Hurrah for our Rhinoman brothers!
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Hullo, Njineyr here again... and uh... Rhino-people? Are you serious? They are Rhinomen only in name and not in nature, therefore they can't be referred to as people when talking in plural. They are creatures of wildlife as anything else on this planet, and were put here after the first homo-whatnots landed, as part of the ecological jump-start for atmospheric stability for future life. To give creatures rights before first protecting the rights of Atroxes or other so called lesser breeds is paramount to sociological masterbation and proves your only seeking political fluff for a future career. What would be next? Tear down Borealis because a family of insects calls some poor chaps apartment home? *in a sarcastic voice*'The insects have rights, we shouldn't build on their lands' Bah. The only reason I don't hunt them is because they taste like spoiled eggs.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

I don't really care much of the Rhinomen but heh they're part of Newland Desert. If it piss off some hunters I'm so gonna be with you.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy View Post
    The Rhinomen are a peaceful, sentient and unique species
    Hmm, I think we have a different definition for the word "peaceful," then..
    It seems they share a bond with scorpids, they jumped me when I was fighting off a couple of piercers..
    My friends as well have been attacked without provocation by Rhinos, for just talking to Stolt Jensenberg..

Sentient? Probably.
    Unique? Probably..
    Peaceful? Kiss my firm, shapely 'Trox behind..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

who cares about the Rhinomen?

Savoy put something on the gridfeed!

Unhappy Nomad letter

Greetings

Dear friends, please hear this important message. No longer should the people
    turn their eyes away from the happenings in the desert. The once calm and warm
    desert winds now bear a violent and dark tone. The race of the Rhinomen is in
    danger.

For long has our tribe, the Hegovian Pack, wandered in the deserts, using its
    desolate nature as a cover against our technically more advanced foe. During the
    years we have gained much knowledge of the desert and its inhabitants.
    Especially interesting have been the Rhinomen.

Being half human, these creatures have build themselves small settlements
    troughout the desert. Using these as strongholds, they wander off into the desert
    in search of food and water. Our wandering tribesmen have met these moving
    rhinomen groups quite often and sometimes even traded a few items with them.

Except for few unlucky cases, the Rhinomen have never attacked us. Not all
    Rhinomen are peacefull, there are few families that also hunt humans and almost
    all of them are afraid of humans. And this hardly is a suprise. Almost weekly our
    scouts give reports of armed men attacking Rhinomen settlements, often leaving
    nothing but a few survivors.

The Rhinomen are resilient people and have survived in the fight against their
    hunters. And in a way they have learned to accept the losses as part of their life,
    being a warrior race them selves also. Where one settlements gets raided
    another is build soon after and life returns to normal. Unfortunately all this is
    changing now.

Yesterday, during our normal patrol trough the desert we encountered a horrific
    scene. Dozens of Rhinomen killed, stripped out of armor and left laying on the
    ground. Only a group of many hunters could have done this widespread hunt.
    Having our recon camera with us we took these pictures:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...inomen_jpg.jpg
    "Dead Rhinomen filling up the valley"

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...nomen2_jpg.jpg
    "Fellow tribesmen showing respect to a fallen Rhinomen"

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...nomen3_jpg.jpg
    "Ghostly view of a deserted Rhinomen village"

We had noticed a huge decline on Rhinomen patrols in the desert and this
    confirmed our fear. Rhinomen are now being hunted in greater numbers than ever
    in Rubi-Ka's history. Multiple famililies of Rhinomen are killed at once and people
    are starting to talk even publicly about stolen Rhinomen armors. How long will it
    take until the last of the Rhinomen families vanishes?

Now if ever the Rhinomen need our help. It is about the future of the whole
    Rhinomen race. Rhinomen deserve life. If you are interested in taking a active role
    in the protection of the Rhinomen please join Friends of the Rhinomen. Help to
    make the deserts smile again!

- Hercos "Greenwolf" Calini

I disagree with the implication that Rhinomen are harmless and peaceful. They are just slightly mentally challenged, and when without a leader they have a difficult time deciding whether to attack or not. However, come close to a Rhinoman leader and before you know it you are chased by him and all his followers.

Still, I believe we may coexist peacefully with Rhinomen. For their protection, though, I recommend that we establish protected areas (reservations) in Avalon and Mort and relocate all the Rhinomen there.
    9 out of 10 Leets prefer Omni Mining. The tenth Leet is a traitor and will be dealt with.
    Marrok

If you wish to show your support for F.O.R. or have any questions, come to our next protest rally. This will be:

Friday June 22nd
    18:00 RST (GMT)
    ICC Headquarters, Andromeda

Inputs the rally information into her data pad...

I would love to learn more. I have some prior engagements around that time but will try to slip away long enough to come and hear the message.
    - Secretary "Linaacrat" Flowers
    Bureaucrat to Rubi-Ka ((Also offering doctor, engineering, and adventuring assistance.))

Come visit the new Healing Hands

Hindsight isn't 20/20 when your rearview mirror is broken..