Thread: Level 1 Trader "Stexer" vs. Abmouth

Level 1 Trader "Stexer" vs. Abmouth

I recently made a level 1 Froob trader twink to mess around with my level 1 doc (Doctorsmooth) and figured it would be fun to see if I could solo Abmouth with him.

I Fraps-ed my fight with Abby and finally got it down to an acceptable size and hopefully half-decent entertainment value.

The twink in question is this little guy “Stexer”. For anybody who’s been around AO a long time, the name may be familiar. In my reading of forums on twinking I came across this name, and read up on him and his techniques of twinking. He was around long before my time, but from what I understand, the first Stexer was sort of the “original” Level 1 Trader twink. When I made this guy I found the name was not taken so I used that name in honour of the original twink. I even made him Froob to simulate what was possible back in the early days of AO. I hope I did you proud man!

As for basic equipment he has: 4x Belt, QL42 Pump Trainee (75%), 156 ncu (with CAS helmet/without Carb armor), Crypt Collar, and implants generally in the high 60s up to QL73.

The Pump is normally 75% but can be 100% with Offensive Steamroller and a couple of Masteries drains.

Here’s his current setup, http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=73180 although I switched to mostly Carb armor for 166 NCU for the Abby fight.

This is a link to some pictures of him. http://stexer.blogspot.com
    (trying this out instead of photobucket. This way I can keep them full size instead of shrinking resolution)

So- about this Abmouth fight…. I know, I know- EVERYBODY can solo Abmouth with Hack ‘N Quack . To make it interesting I did it with all mid-level buffs: Systolic Equalizer HoT, Grid Surfer, Essence of Cyclops, Partial Reflective Shield Extended, TS and PM Mastery and a couple of expertises and ability buffs. Health was around 820 for the fight and 460ish Melee AC.

It took at least five or six tries to get it right without dying (he is only level 1- give him a break ), but was pretty fun in the end. It involved a lot of kiting and ended up being longer than ten minutes which meant I had to learn some rudimentary video editing to speed up a couple of parts. Being so long it’s potentially quite boring as well, so I tried to ****e it up with some music etc… I learned through the first few tries that it’s not a whole lot of use to try and drain Abmouth himself, so I generally drained Infectors to keep my Attack Rating up a little. I rooted Abmouth when I could and ran around to let my HoT catch up after I took a few hits. Got down really low on health once- and started doing the AO slow-motion-walk-of-death we all know, but HoT kicked in and I boogied out of there .

Without further ado, here’s the video (I recommend Full-Screen mode- with sound)

Stexer vs. Abmouth Supremus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-3ZZGccgek
    Last edited by Dredd; Nov 10th, 2008 at 05:56:22.

If you want, I could host the whole video, since I got ~45gb pr month unused trafic, and if it aint enough I just have to buy more bandwith

How big is the video? I like to watch videos like that in a nice resolution, and ~300mb dont scare me :-)

Great to see that someone can have that much fun with our class still
    TWADER - Rimor Clanner - 220/31/70 - Trox Trader of Quetzalcoatl
    ATLANTEAN SERVER
    The Firm
    Godt Saa... Eller - STEEL!
    House Maadiah
    RIMOR SERVER
    The Syndicate
    Quetzlcoat

Quote Originally Posted by ICCKoruption View Post
    If you go to old athens, or omni entertainment be sure to look for the Rubi-ka museum of natural history. you will find numerous Traders that have been immaculately restored to their original states, some archeological digs were intentionally based around reclaim terminals.
    if you do find a trader still in circulation, be sure to check the expiry date, they are usually marked :best before june 2001.

Dredd, I'm working on a similar project at the moment with a lvl 1 trader (don't worry, it's not a copy at all!)

How did you get on the collar?! You need 470BM, so I gather after imps you get BM Expertise, Mocham's Gift BM, 132 wrangler and you use both drain lines to get the rest. My problem is that it needs a hell of a lot of NCU....

But then I see that your lvl 1 doc has a collar on?!?! Docs can't drain obviously.... This is doing my head in!

Any tips or suggestions would be great Oh and I don't have a pioneer backpack XD
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    I recently made a level 1 Froob trader twink to mess around with my level 1 doc (Doctorsmooth) and figured it would be fun to see if I could solo Abmouth with him.

I Fraps-ed my fight with Abby and finally got it down to an acceptable size and hopefully half-decent entertainment value.

The twink in question is this little guy “Stexer”. For anybody who’s been around AO a long time, the name may be familiar. In my reading of forums on twinking I came across this name, and read up on him and his techniques of twinking. He was around long before my time, but from what I understand, the first Stexer was sort of the “original” Level 1 Trader twink. When I made this guy I found the name was not taken so I used that name in honour of the original twink. I even made him Froob to simulate what was possible back in the early days of AO. I hope I did you proud man!

As for basic equipment he has: 4x Belt, QL42 Pump Trainee (75%), 156 ncu (with CAS helmet/without Carb armor), Crypt Collar, and implants generally in the high 60s up to QL73.

The Pump is normally 75% but can be 100% with Offensive Steamroller and a couple of Masteries drains.

Here’s his current setup, http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=73180 although I switched to mostly Carb armor for 166 NCU for the Abby fight.

This is a link to some pictures of him. http://stexer.blogspot.com
    (trying this out instead of photobucket. This way I can keep them full size instead of shrinking resolution)

So- about this Abmouth fight…. I know, I know- EVERYBODY can solo Abmouth with Hack ‘N Quack . To make it interesting I did it with all mid-level buffs: Systolic Equalizer HoT, Grid Surfer, Essence of Cyclops, Partial Reflective Shield Extended, TS and PM Mastery and a couple of expertises and ability buffs. Health was around 820 for the fight and 460ish Melee AC.

It took at least five or six tries to get it right without dying (he is only level 1- give him a break ), but was pretty fun in the end. It involved a lot of kiting and ended up being longer than ten minutes which meant I had to learn some rudimentary video editing to speed up a couple of parts. Being so long it’s potentially quite boring as well, so I tried to ****e it up with some music etc… I learned through the first few tries that it’s not a whole lot of use to try and drain Abmouth himself, so I generally drained Infectors to keep my Attack Rating up a little. I rooted Abmouth when I could and ran around to let my HoT catch up after I took a few hits. Got down really low on health once- and started doing the AO slow-motion-walk-of-death we all know, but HoT kicked in and I boogied out of there .

Without further ado, here’s the video (I recommend Full-Screen mode- with sound)

Stexer vs. Abmouth Supremus http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-3ZZGccgek
    The original "Stexxer" had 4x belt, 128 NCU and a ql 100ish grenade launcher from Trader shop. Since OE rules got added later in the game, you might understand why.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    Dredd, I'm working on a similar project at the moment with a lvl 1 trader (don't worry, it's not a copy at all!)

How did you get on the collar?! You need 470BM, so I gather after imps you get BM Expertise, Mocham's Gift BM, 132 wrangler and you use both drain lines to get the rest. My problem is that it needs a hell of a lot of NCU....

But then I see that your lvl 1 doc has a collar on?!?! Docs can't drain obviously.... This is doing my head in!

Any tips or suggestions would be great Oh and I don't have a pioneer backpack XD
    Lessee...

470 - target
    140 - mocham
    132 - wrangle
    020 - expertise
    012 - (?) base
    004 - Neuronal Stimulator
    003 - Comp Attribute
    159 - needed

where'd you get the other 159? (99ish if you got 50 imps)
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Looks like your math is right-on Saetos. The Collar was the hardest part of this twink and harder than I thought. I just figured I'd throw in some QL50 implants, get some buffs and drain up for the rest. I did indeed run out of NCU before getting enough BM. I had to go back and do another round of complit implants/ncu chip upgrades- then Bio Met Implants which took at least another couple of hours . Nothing like underestimating a project .

The stuff I used which hasn't all been listed here is:

I used a Soft Pepper Pistol for +14 BM http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=157638 and put an intelligence pistol in the off hand.

A few pieces of the Omni Special issue Executive suit +6 for the whole suit minus head. http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=245516

I don't recall exact numbers but I also got the implants up to the high 60s for waist and chest and 60ish for head- and implanted intelligence in the ear and eye. This gives about 12-15 more than QL50s.

This guy was froob so I didn't have access to NS or composite attributes- don't think I had even had enough ncu for Intelligence boost.

I considered using a white sack http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=152793, but I needed to be wearing Carb armor in my head or I wouldn't have had enough ncu to cast everything. Ncu was so tight, I couldn't make a lousy 16 psychic with skills/implants and didn't have enough ncu to buff psychic with all the other buffs/drains I needed to fit.

I recall having to drain for around 75-80ish which sounds about right according to Saetos calculations, with the plus 30ish from the items I mention above, minus the trickle down from not having NS etc..

NCU was a big issue. I used a pair of ncu wrist implants and a set of QL16 carb to get all this stuff in there- drains etc... I cast the expertise, 132 wrangle - drained up until I was just over 140 away from 470. Then cast BM Mochams on the guy. took off the Carb armor and put on as many executive suit pieces as needed to make 470 .

As for the level 1 Doctor- he doesn't have the crypt collar on. Neither does my level 7 doc with GTA. I hope I didn't say that somewhere, or put it in an equipment setup . The lowest I've gotten a crypt collar on a non-Trader/Agent so far is level 12.... (that's my level 12 Enforcer with Frost Scythe (75%) but that's another story ).

Hope this helps with your next twink project
    Last edited by Dredd; Jun 14th, 2007 at 00:40:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    As for the level 1 Doctor- he doesn't have the crypt collar on. Neither does my level 7 doc with GTA. I hope I didn't say that somewhere, or put it in an equipment setup . The lowest I've gotten a crypt collar on a non-Trader/Agent so far is level 12....
    Oops, my bad on saying smoothdoctor has the collar on, I was jumping around your various configs and thought I saw it there On second look, it's not!

Seems like with a bit more serious imping I can get the collar on, I'd need to get the wrist implants and other buffing armour though... that'll take time.

Thanks for your help
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Uploaded full quality video to Filefront. Link at the top... Also just noticed it was the one year anniversary of that Abby fight last month . How time flies...

Never mind- file removed from FileFront- gotta find someplace else to host it
    Last edited by Dredd; Nov 11th, 2008 at 01:44:28.