Thread: Why are you Neutral?

Why are you Neutral?

Why did you choose neutrality over Omni or Clan?

What political views do Clanners or Omni hold that differ from your views?

How do you see the outcome of this conflict? Do you want Rubi-Ka to have a Neutral government and expel all Clan and Omni leaders?

By not choosing a side because you don't support the war between Omni and Clan, how will you achieve your freedoms and wants when you leave the decision to the winner?

If either side actually wins this conflict, what will you do? Will you follow the rules set by the new government, or become a new side of a new war?

The reason I post this question is. Are there not Clan or Omni guilds that have similar ideas like freedom for all Rubi-Kans, or that believe in things like the environment or free trade.
    Hemicrusher

My Current Armor Setup Nail Armor Baby!

Stupidity Should Be Painful

LVL 200 Clan Enforcer - General of Lost Chapter

this begs the question....

what conflict?

Re: Why are you Neutral?

Mercenaries shouldn't pick sides.

How do you see the outcome of this conflict? Do you want Rubi-Ka to have a Neutral government and expel all Clan and Omni leaders?
    Why? And get to the tedium of ruling?

By not choosing a side because you don't support the war between Omni and Clan, how will you achieve your freedoms and wants when you leave the decision to the winner?
    There probably be a place somewhere else then where they need mercenaries

If either side actually wins this conflict, what will you do? Will you follow the rules set by the new government, or become a new side of a new war?
    Look for work somewhere else.

The reason I post this question is. Are there not Clan or Omni guilds that have similar ideas like freedom for all Rubi-Kans, or that believe in things like the environment or free trade.
    Yes
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

Central door was the closest
    postcount++

LOL!,As good a reply as any i have seen.
    Played neutral until lvl 110,then went Omni through the tedium of living with hippies too long!

Mmmmmmmmmm... now that is a fine, leafy pot.

Peace out man.

After watching braveheart for the unpteenth time I have decided that Omni us England and the clans are like scotland. The only difference is the clans will not win

Omni-tech is your friend

Re: Re: Why are you Neutral?

Originally posted by Aristaeus

Mercenaries shouldn't pick sides.

There probably be a place somewhere else then where they need mercenaries
    What kind of work do these mercenaries do? You must be a great mercenary seeming you can't start a fight.
    -- Falling never killed anyone, its always the landing.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    RK-1
    |OT|
    Telgi-61 Solitus Enforcer
    Gauf-31 Nanomage Doctor
    Saruzi- -=128=- Opifex Nano-Technician.
    Manstien-44 Solitus Soldier

I might not be able to start a fight in a 25% zone but we can do other things and the upcoming notum mining by departments, clans and guilds will involve more organized forms of attack then 1 vs 1. In which a bit of added muscle will help.
    Proud member of Circle G.
    We solve your problems on Rubi-Ka 1.(if the price is right)

I was born neutral and plan to stay that way. My folks where from opposite sides of the fence (dad was Omni, mom was a rebel) and all that.

Really though, I'm a pacifist and have no interest in supporting either side of a war, regardless of intentions.

Fract

Just a snippet from my org's official description:

Description:
    Shattered Dreams is an RP guild for Neutrals, maintaining RP involvement with both sides of the conflict on Rubi-Ka. -- "Neutrality is for those brave enough not to settle for the lesser of two evils."

Objective:
    Through alliance with moderates on all sides, we seek reign in the terrorism of radicals. Many have committed crimes against people of Rubi-Ka, but it is time to set aside grievances to attain peace.
    The generally feeling from many neutrals I know--as well as my personal view--is that neither Omni nor the Clans "have it right", so to speak. (At least in terms to their approach.)

There are things to admire about both sides of the fight... Clan's obviously have good points about the rights of citizens, and not being controlled by an iron fist at all times...especially in the matters of workers rights. Omni, on the other hand, *does*have a legal claim to the land, they have done much for the betterment of most citizens over the years, and they certainly have many valid concerns regarding the Clan-supported terrorist groups out there.

Both sides have good points, both sides have bad... If someone can step back an objectively come to that conclusion, how can they "pick a side"?

It would be against everything I know to choose one side and dedicate myself to fighting righteously against the other side knowing full well that there are valid points to both side of the conflict.

Most sided people view the neutrals as "not caring"--but that's not true at all. There are ways to achieve peace that don't involve pointless war after war just because the various influential figures can't come up with anything more constructive. =)

Of course, in my tenure I have some to meet many Clan and Omni organization leaders that have similar feelings... It is the goal of my org, in particular, to help bridge the gap between the two moderate segments to figure out a more constructive method at attaining peace.

Also realize that neutrals are not anti-fighting, per se. I perfectly realize that conflict is an unavoidable happenstance in situations such as these... However, targeting radical groups which impede the peace process is far more effective than shooting at anything than moves.

This concept is especially true on Rubi-Ka, where the lack of real "death" in most circumstances could keep a mindless, unfocused war churning on for ages with no resolution whatsoever.

There's more to it than this brief synopsis...but that's the best I can do in the few spare moments I have right now. =)

-Jayde

Re: Why are you Neutral?

Originally posted by Hemicuda
    Originally because I thought there would a possibility for neuts to work somewhere in the middle of the conflict, as traders, mercs, diplomats or whatever. And there is, it's just not exactly the way I thought it would be when I made the decision.
    I've stayed neutral because there's no real benefits in joining either side. At least none that's worth me sacrificing access to the other "half" of Rubi-Ka. That, and the fact that I'd been killed by both sides more times than I can count before I turned 30.

They both seem to believe that they can "win" this so called conflict by killing anyone that isn't with them, in a world where death means nothing. If Omni-Tek really would want an end to the conflict they would get there much faster by just totally cutting off clan access to important equipment (like Omni-med suits) imo. But they don't and I don't see any other reason for this than that they want the conflict to go on.
    The clanners claim to be fighting for "freedom". This is bull****. Maybe once they did, but nowadays (with few exceptions) it's all about notum.

Government? Maybe some day when all that is left is the "natives", those of us born or created on the planet. But not as long as off-planet people, organisations and corporations have interests in Rubi-Ka.

I don't think there will be a "winner". But if there will be one and they don't want to leave us alone I'll just move and keep moving till they don't think it's worth hunting me down any longer. We will find ways into their networks and we will get the information and supplies needed to stay alive. It will cost a little more, but it always has.

I might (ie will) break the rules, but I won't fight 'em, if you know what I mean.

I'd like to add that I'm not a pacifist, far from it. I believe that violence can be an excelent way of solving problems/conflicts. Just not this one.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Let's say that, by destroying the Clan industrial infrastructure, Omni Tech achieve a decisive advantage and finally win the war.

Then what?

With organised opposition gone from the planet, would Omni Tech maintain its current, decent standard of treatment for its workforce, or would it gradually allow conditions to backslide? With the situation on Rubi-Ka finally out of the spotlight of the off-world media, would OT feel any particular need to allow its citizens a voice? With complete control of the economy, would there be any room left for private industry, or would all sources of employment be controlled by the company? What about an independent on-planet media?

We can't know ahead of time, but if OT wins there's the potential for an absolute, unbreakable dictatorship on RK. Obviously, this is not a desirable outcome.

Now let's hypothesise that the Clans, by subterfuge, sabotage, dimplomacy or outright military muscle on the ground manage to oust the Omni heirarchy on Rubi-Ka and sieze the spaceports.

What then?

The clans would find themselves in possession of the only source of Notum in the galaxy - illegally. Omni Tech was the legal holder of the lease, which in turn was granted by the ICC. Assuming that the ICC voided the lease on the grounds that OT had not proved capable of administering the planet, the lease would revert to the ICC.

The clans cannot trade except through the ICC, because they have no spacecraft. The ICC on the other hand has a significant military arm that is capable of blockading Rubi-Ka should the ICC deem it necessary or expedient. They can control covert dealing by other companies by threatening to deny them rights to purchase from the legitimate (ie. ICC controlled) supply of notum when it is restored. They can then either set about retaking Rubi-Ka themselves and use their position as the galaxy's only notum supplier to consolidate their political position, or start taking bids on the lease for RK by other member companies.

In the meantime, the interim Clan government of RK may be faced with the consequences of an economic collapse brought on by the total shutdown of all off-world commerce. An organisation with such a shaky grip on power may institute draconian measures to safeguard itself, or it may dissolve into its component parts or be brought down by a more opportunistic rival (a fairly common occurence in the aftermath of revolution).

Long-term, it's unlikely that the Clans could maintain control of RK, which ultimately means another corporate master. One with a very good excuse to institute all sorts of "anti-terrorist" and "anti-insurgency" measures...

To cut a very long story short, if Omni Tech wins Rubi-Ka is potentially in very deep trouble, and if the Clans win Rubi-Ka is also in very deep trouble. The only situation in which RK as a whole can win is if some sort of compromise can be brokered.

That's why I'm neutral.

Cheers,

~R~

Question To instill the views of my faction

Offplanet, where we have most of our powerbase, there lies an unseen host, awaiting the ruin of either Omni or Clan. Alone, pitted against the existing factions, we don't have the power to do much, but when one falls....

We wait, we plan, we plot, and in the end, it will be we who prevail. Let the war rage on. May it end soon, but still, it furthers our ends. We will support both sides at different political junctures and when we have weakened the opposition enough, we will bring in our forces and take the entire PLANET!

Trying to find us is futile, we have nested ourselves in the very hierchies of our enemies. With a deft hand we guide much of the politics of both sides and bring conflict where it will weaken and disable. Watch, wait, we will come.

This note is purely a ruse, none shall know if it is reality or falsehood. Much will come of it in the end but nothing will be found to prove this is real. The very act of posting this letter will be to the detriment of all who investigate.

Look and you shall not find us,
    seek and you will become lost,
    fight and you serve our ends
    treaties will be subverted
    for no alliances will make amends!

unknown...

Cool

Why did I choose neutrality over going with the corp, or with the rebs? Heh..I could tell you a story about it being my abusive omni-father and my nutzoid clan mother that put me off it, or something like that, but you'd all know I was full of crap.. *smirks and tosses his cigarette on the ground, crushing it out under his boot.* Freedom really, freedom to move around, freedom to work for the highest bidder. Freedom to chat up some nice looking omni, then a superbly shaped clanner babe the next morning.
    *Lifting his shades for a moment to look into your eyes, then a cold, cocky smirk as he lowers them again*

In what way do my politics differ? Well, see The corp only wants money from this place, and they'll step on anyone and anything to get it, the clans say they want freedom, but in the end, they are also only at it to control the notum nowadays.
    Heh, sounds like I'd fit in well with both huh? Moneygrubbing bastards who won't stiop at anything, just like me. Just one problem, I'm in it for my money, not for their gain, get the picture? Knew you would.

As for those who see any kind of outcome to this conflict..Idealistic bastards. There will be conflict always. Don't think for a moment the omni's are gonna go away when their lease expirees. Too much money in the notum for that. Clans want that too.
    If it should end, what do I do?..nothing, I just keep on doing what I do. Look out for #1.

Now buzz off kid. I need to go to work.
    *Pulls a gamma out of his coat and heads down the alleyway* Hey, Jander you flashhead! Scozie sends his regards.. *gunfire*