Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts about Battle Stations... (tl7)

Are you enjoying it?

For the first 3-4 rounds, the it becomes totally boring.

What professions seem balanced/overpowered?

Advs/sols/NTs I guess, can't really complain about anyone else. Ofc traders are annoying too since I usually play a sol.

What new features would you like to see?

New "maps" would be nice, but not too necessary.

What things would you like to see changed?

No mechs, they make me lag!

Do you think mechs/turrets were a nice addition?

Seem somewhat useless to me, at least the way they are atm.
    Reziukas 220/30 Soldier Equipment Screenshot Epeen
    Squad Commander of Riders of the Lost Org
    First omni owner of Superior Rebuilt Perennium Blaster on RK1
    Aide Rezidoc 220/25 Doctor Equipment Screenshot Epeen++
    The first and only doc on RK1 to do 200k DPM on LoTV!
    First owner of Alien Combat Directive Controller on RK1
    First doc to OD a clan zergbot twice.
    First TL7 doc to get 3rd and 4th solo titles.
    [Jagfixarinte]: think u got lootrights:P
    [Questra]: did you just get loot on Libra?

Quote Originally Posted by Adamentium View Post
    I hate battlestation, it isn't real PvP.

Part of this probably comes from being a class that is pretty horrible in general, but especially in BS (Being kited down a long hallway into 10 people and turrets is awesome).

Then you have the /assist noobs that wouldn't do city PvP at all unless there was some reward for it.

Mechs and turrets are terrible. They remove all uniqueness from your playstyle and setup. Maybe make a seperate Mech battlestation, but it's really lame using them to just camp (Allows for more leeching excuses too).

They aren't fun at all, and I wouldn't touch them if I didn't need gear. WTB City PvP back.
    And as clan, you can't choose what side you fight for... sucks eh? :P

Maybe you should rethink not rolling neut, you might enjoy it more killing your fav targets

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    My opinion differs greatly from yours
    Okay, but my opinion is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hertimmen View Post

Maybe you should rethink not rolling neut, you might enjoy it more killing your fav targets
    It's not about that, I could care less. Hell, that's part of the reason we killed Clanners, because there weren't enough Omnis to PvP. Now there's plenty on the Battlestation, but I hate it.
    So, suck a turd to a point and stab yourself with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    i like it.

adding a weapon to mechs that hits infantry is a terrible idea, title farmers will stay in a mech the whole game (because it's safer)
    wrong. staying in mech is not safe at all, it's by far easier to keep someone from unmeching, farming three bazooka hits on em, and have eventually a bunch of meched buddies take him down.

experienced title farmers stay on foot all the time, just watch em
    Papabear 'Prejudiced' Primakoff
    RK1 Clan Godfather

~ Made a career parallel to AO ~

I'd like different scenarios introduced like capture the flag. Perhaps a few different scenarios that'd cycle every BS because like others said, the current objective gets so repetitive and boring when these battlestations are the only real active PvP environment anymore. Of course there's the graphical bugs and other things that would be cool to be removed, but that's getting a bit ambitious.

Edit: I have to agree with Prej, I don't know which of the "title farmers" Sterva's seen in mechs but I haven't seen them, I wouldn't expect to. Being in a mech or turret is a way too vunerable state for a "title farmer".
    Last edited by Soxlo; Jun 6th, 2007 at 23:29:06.

Are you enjoying it?
    for the most part yes

keeper survivability is crazy... I know cuz I am one :x honestly though, I think crat stun is overpowered, everything else seems pretty good.

1. More maps
    2. Battlestation broadcast channel, in this said channel have it broadcast a persons death; example [Battlestation]: Lilchubz got all up in <insert names>'s ribs. You get the picture.
    3. Scoreboard of kills/deaths etc

something that makes ppl want to team, via title points gained while teaming or something to that nature

Yes it provides more strategy and it gives those ppl that are ill equiped a chance to be helpful.
    :: LilChubz :: Chubs :: KingChubz :: Guardian Nemesis :: Dumpshot:: Chubberz :: Chubberot ::

Title farmed Neo's and a pocket doc

Quote Originally Posted by Hertimmen View Post

I hear that germans eat people.
    Limefire, The Great White Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen View Post
    Are you enjoying it?
    No. God no. Melee has a horrible time, and Shades even more so.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwen
    It's really the same as city PvP and stuff, Soldiers are rediculous.
    More maps to play on
    Hard question to answer, ideally the game needs a PvP rework.
    In theory, I guess so.
    Limefire, The Great White Hope

. Are you enjoying it?

Most of the time...i think its the only reason i still play.

. What professions seem balanced/overpowered?

Everyone that has combined big alpha+ outstanding survivability+ evasive skills should be considered extremely overpowered

...you name then, there are only 2

Overall i must say its much more balanced now than it was pre-LE.

. What new features would you like to see?
    I'd pay serious money for Capture The Flag

-certain areas restricted from placing turrets(mainly spawn and area around control points)
    - "step" from teleporters removed
    - higher AR or Aimed Shot on APTs
    - mechs doing a bit more damage against players
    - solution prevent abusing certain things that worked fine in city pvp and pvm, but are major annoyance with large groups on BS (all debuffs and crowd control, also amount of healing docs can do become quite a pain in the ass after clan Doctors actually started healing people

. Do you think mechs/turrets were a nice addition?

They could use a little tweaking, i rarely use them but overall its fun .

Let's hear your thoughts about battle stations. Just any kind of opinions/input/whines are welcome as long as they stay on topic. This involves tl7 battle station on Atlantean.

Are you enjoying it?
    I like PVP but BS isnt clean honest PVP like it used to be in the arena, it's all about Zerg power, who has the most AS/FAs... it's Farm or Be farmed... Though i now understand it to be more of a TEAM pvp game now.. so why don't FC enforce people to team.

Soldiers when in packs, zoning blasting off specials farming damage, same with agents, Agent snares are seriously too long.. Crat stuns can be tricky too but free movements ftw.Ohh and that damn fixer snare that always lands.. remove fixers FA.

New maps for sure, some items/mazes for melee profs to balance the range/server sync issue.. or inscrease melee attacks and perks to land when at least you have them on Follow with more run speed.

to be able to remove or disable pvp titles and have some way of indicating whether or not it's turn on or off... because you get gimps farming titles who rightly don't even deserve the titles they have.. and it pisses me off tbh so you got to be always watching over your shoulder to see who's blasting off specials.

They are ok i suppose.. takes to long to remech.. they should at least half the time to 2.30mins.. and at least let MECH DMG people omg.. as if people don't die to mechs and their huge guns!! like mentioned before give them a low recharge special.

Quote Originally Posted by legion84 View Post
    I like PVP but BS isnt clean honest PVP like it used to be in the arena, it's all about Zerg power, who has the most AS/FAs... it's Farm or Be farmed... Though i now understand it to be more of a TEAM pvp game now.. so why don't FC enforce people to team.
    Arena isnt real PvP no was that lame excuse for PvP In Bor with the BY Hugging. :P No form of organized 1v1 is "Real" PvP.

If there was a city with 25% Gas and maybe a reason to want to go there (And without a form of zoneout that you can use in combat) That would be awesome.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Are you enjoying it?
    yes

will get a differn't answer from everybody,i see them as balenced kinda like paper,rock,scissor's(sp?)..no single class really stands out as overpowerd to me..and the ones that seem overpower'd are that 1-100 player that really knows his class.

an ammo bag/rocket dispencer in the bs...3 rockets just isn't enough todo any real dmg...or maybe have downed mech's be lootable for that ammo.

maybe a 3rd line of defence placements..a bunker maybe..somthing we can build,and have other players on your side take advantage of

n/a

YES!!?!..even if your the worst equipt clueless player in teh game..you can always jump into a mech/turrent and help your side out.
    drgrimmy 220/30 solitus doc(The Noid)

(insert witty comment here)

After doing battlegrounds, then playing this sad attempt at a copy of them, you'd understand more.

After doing battlegrounds, then playing this sad attempt at a copy of them, you'd understand more.
    I find AO's battlestations a hell of a lot more fun and fast paced than AB, WSG (CTF wouldnt work in AO anyway) and (oh god) AV.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    I find AO's battlestations a hell of a lot more fun and fast paced than AB, WSG (CTF wouldnt work in AO anyway) and (oh god) AV.
    You dumb.

You dumb.
    WoW's gameplay is so slow that the amount of free thinking and compromising that is required is quite little. There may be many "If A, then do B" things involving stuns, energy conservation if you are a rogue, disorietns, spell interrupts, disarming, timing of debuffs/rebuffs and so on but...

....its the same choreographed fight every time, even if it seems like a complicated thing, many times you can plan an entire WoW fight on paper, whereas in AO it doesnt work out that way, perhaps its the way the chars are built, or the professions, or the sheer time of buffs, debuffs and so on, the fact people can run off in AO, etc.

That's just how I see it, I did a lot of WoW PVP and it's my 2c on it. I find BS great fun and was yawning at WoW, but this could be a community thing, the fact that theres the same people you play against means you earn grudges and rapport with some players and thats a vital difference for PVP. (for me at least)

But this thread isnt about WoW, so me dumb.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    WoW's gameplay is so slow that the amount of free thinking and compromising that is required is quite little. There may be many "If A, then do B" things involving stuns, energy conservation if you are a rogue, disorietns, spell interrupts, disarming, timing of debuffs/rebuffs and so on but...

....its the same choreographed fight every time, even if it seems like a complicated thing, many times you can plan an entire WoW fight on paper, whereas in AO it doesnt work out that way, perhaps its the way the chars are built, or the professions, or the sheer time of buffs, debuffs and so on, the fact people can run off in AO, etc.

That's just how I see it, I did a lot of WoW PVP and it's my 2c on it. I find BS great fun and was yawning at WoW, but this could be a community thing, the fact that theres the same people you play against means you earn grudges and rapport with some players and thats a vital difference for PVP. (for me at least)

But this thread isnt about WoW, so me dumb.
    Okay, but look at it from this perspective. First, let's take your videos for example. You plan out the SAME alpha EVERY time. If you fail, run or evac. Soldier - AMS, spam specials, run when AMS is down. In WoW, yeah, you have things to do if you see someone doing something else. But, you don't know when they're going to do it. In AO, you pretty much repeat the same actions against everyone, because people die so fast. Being fast pace isn't always a good thing. Everyone in AO dies so fast.

Okay, but look at it from this perspective. First, let's take your videos for example. You plan out the SAME alpha EVERY time. If you fail, run or evac. Soldier - AMS, spam specials, run when AMS is down. In WoW, yeah, you have things to do if you see someone doing something else. But, you don't know when they're going to do it. In AO, you pretty much repeat the same actions against everyone, because people die so fast. Being fast pace isn't always a good thing. Everyone in AO dies so fast.
    SO THEN QUIT!
    Funkling, 220 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Funkling View Post
    SO THEN QUIT!
    Pretty much have already )

i dont die fast :x most of the time
    :: LilChubz :: Chubs :: KingChubz :: Guardian Nemesis :: Dumpshot:: Chubberz :: Chubberot ::

Title farmed Neo's and a pocket doc

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast