Thread: Freelance: Interview with The Nanomage Liberation Front

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Interview with The Nanomage Liberation Front

Interview with The Nanomage Liberation Front
    June 05, 29481 - Andolina "Nukinuke" Timor [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - This is quiet an unusual interview for me, but I must say lucky as I do not often get a chance to get out and meet new people. Particularly those I’ve only heard of in the news, without being able to gather my own opinions. Fortunately, recently I was given such a chance to speak to a member of the Nanomage Liberation Front. To some people, they are terrorist and to others freedom fighters. I believe in the free press, and as such, I will let you decide that for yourself. This is the IRRK and not OTPC or the FJRK after all.

I have to admit, the tales I had heard about these ‘mages had me a little worried at first. What is it they wanted to speak to me about? Why me? But they assured my safety so after some closed communications a meeting was arranged. And nervously I arrived at the desired co-ordinates.

It was strange I first thought, meeting in a place so well known as the Notum Tree. But here we were. After exchanging pleasantries, I turned and looked at the Notum Tree, and decided to break they ice.

“Magnificent isn’t it?” I said, forgetting the company, which I was with and just taking in the beautiful surroundings I was in.

“That it is. And it’s also why we are here” she said, as I looked at her puzzled and the larger, and rather annoyed looking demon behind her.

“The Notum Tree is very special; it’s tied directly to the heart of Mother-Ka. Its roots tap the very veins of Notum deep within the planet, and stretch out with it to every part of this world. And with it, stretching out like the branches you see here, to every one of her children”.

“Her children?” I enquired.

“Yes, Mother-Ka’s children, the nanomages. We are dependent on her for our very lifeblood. Without her and the essence of her spirit which we receive through the Notum we would perish”, she continued, strongly believing in what she was saying with conviction. Her eyes glimpsing every so often nervously to the demon, which seemed to have a cross between frustrated and hungry look across its face.

“Interesting, I hadn’t heard of Mother-ka before”, I commented...which seemed to almost make the lady snort in possible annoyance, and the demon hiss momentarily before a quick glimpse of her eyes towards it made it seemingly jump back into being well behaved. Almost as if it wasn’t necessarily following her control all the time.

“She is all, she is everything. She is our very life. Without what many see as just a mining opportunity we will merely die a painful death. That is what all these miners are doing to us as they steal the lifeblood of Mother-ka” she continued to say.

“And this is why you fight the war which you are on against the miners?” I questioned.

“Yes, the miners must be stopped before they kill every last one of us. We can not allow them to exterminate our people” she finished.

“Thank you, I had no idea the situation was so bad?” I informed her before I expressed my fears of being harmed by her and those who many consider terrorists. Yet the woman just smiled and said I had nothing to fear from the Front as, I was a ‘mage like them. And although not a part of their “family” as they liked to call it. I was a true citizen of Rubi-ka, and one who they can never hurt. Strangely enough, I got a warm feeling of this of trust. Even after the hostile tone of what she had just discussed. I felt they did have a heart. And these “terrorists” are a lot more complex than many seem to believe. As I was leaving, she handed me a holo-recording and a small note and smiled. The demon merely turned, scowled and followed on behind her as if it was only acting to follow her will and did in fact have its own motivation for something else planned.

Once I was back home at my apartment in Newland, I was able to play the recording...

“Greeting Rubi-ka.” Said a female nanomage. She was located in a dark room, possibly some kind of bunker it seemed. There was a group of other nanomages in the background along with a tall solitus man on his knees below the group, wearing just ragged clothes.

“Obviously, it seems you haven’t been listening to our request to leave Rubi-ka. And cease mining or face the consequences. In fact, it seems that instead of listening you have instead moved forth to try and cause further harm to ever nanomage on this world though the release of this heinous virus crafted by this sick individual” she continued as she pointed to the solitus man on his knees on the floor.

“ His actions cannot be tolerated, as will the actions of all those who support mining and are endangering the life of every nanomage on this planet”. She turned and looked at a male nanomage behind her, and asked “do we have his reclaim details?”

“Yessss ma’am” the strange male hissed from a very ugly helmet he had on. She merely nodded to him as if a command and he held forth a holo-disc which must of held the reclaim information which the male ‘mage caused to spontaneously combust in a fireball, leaving nothing but dust.

The woman turned to face the solitus male...and asked him a question.

“Where is the information on this virus?” she asked him in a very hostile tone. The man spluttered and coughed up blood, obviously suffering greatly from some kind of drug.

“Secure data cluster” he coughed.

“Where?!” she howled at him.

“Head implant” he coughed as spitting out more blood onto the floor. There seemed to be some kind of pause in the room. She looked at another nanomage male nearby with a sword, and who was holding some bottle of some strange liquid. She merely nodded at him and he quickly swung the sword with conviction and searing hatred it seemed, and a splatter of blood flew up the walls and at the holo-camera. A quick burst of healing nano programs, and the male nanomage with the sword, resting it down so the blood could drip down from the blade, learned in and tried to administer some of the strange potion, or brew, or whatever was in the bottle. Healing nano programmed continued to buzz around the room as what looks like a small child, although extremely nervous went forth towards the solitus.

A moment later the child ran off somewhere with the wrenching sound coming from the background. Obviously the sight of what was occurring was too much for him. Another female nanomage, quiet small this time holds something up and begins to tamper with it. As the camera is still quiet blurred it hard to see, but it looks as though it could be the head implant that was mentioned, and the lady was doing some connection to it with some kind hacking device.

The first lady turned back towards the camera and a hand appeared from one side and attempted briefly to clean up some of the blood.

“Due to your inaction and lack of co-operation. We shall now be forced to make good on our threats and will from this point forth, for the next thirty days reign terror and devastation down upon those who stand in our path and endanger nanomage life” she continued and stared at the camera for the holo-recording.

“Till all are free!” she said as the camera was switched off.

What could I do? I sat their stunned looking at the screen of my holo-player in my apartment. I opened the accompanying note, which came with the holo-disc and read it aloud...

“May we thank those kind enough to give Timmy blood recently. It was of great use while formulating a cure for Tindamir’s virus”...an odd message, I wonder what they mean by it I pondered a moment.

Although I understand their seemingly peaceful goals, to save the nanomage population from the hazards of over mining. Will a reign of terror be the only way? I really couldn’t comment. I am just here to report the news and let the world decide. Such hard times it seems lay ahead...and bloody it would also seem.

How could any sane person condone such acts?!

Anyone who sees this group as anything more than a group of terrorists not deserving of sentience is either mad, or a fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

Hehe, I'm so glad to see we have so much more to fight. Now fellow neutrals are you still so forgetful and forgiving ?

I'm not.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    “May we thank those kind enough to give Timmy blood recently. It was of great use while formulating a cure for Tindamir’s virus”...an odd message, I wonder what they mean by it I pondered a moment.
    see! i told you all it was all a cover for something else...
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Dark days are coming. I'm findin' myself in agreement with PBF here. Again. *grumbles and mutters something to herself* Yeah, yeah, I know... Dat hurt. Bah, I told 'em dat much. They dun't listen. As usual.

Interesting, though, how fast people forget dat 'Mother Ka' is just another name fer Omni-Tek. I s'ppose admitting it hurt, too. But what d'ya expect from a bunch o' breedists anyway. Go. Go spew yer hatred. Be proud of it. Ya want war, ya'll get war. I dun't mind. We've never bent to yer terrorist actions, and we ain't gonna start today. At least, I ain't.

So that mean open war again.

Guess so, hon.

A smile slowly spreads on her face.

I like the sound of that.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    see! i told you all it was all a cover for something else...
    The million credits question: How much lies it will take before people realise that they are, maybe, not such nice guys after all?

I bet they'll have to kill randomly to keep the hugs away. pfff...
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Hmmm.... where did I put that package I received from my friend Tindamir a couple of weeks back...... <begins to rummage through office>
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

its good to see some neutrals fight for a cause... to few neutrals, and to many of them are pushovers for the omnis... I support Nuser in her... actions..
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Then you're a twat, aren't you. God, I could shoot the lot of you goddamned crazy neutrals. At least I have respect for the ones that stand up for others, and for good purposes, like Boltgun and Berael. People like you and Nuser should hang from a goddamned noose.

There has only been one NLF member I've been able to hold a sane conversation with. And I will not name that person, for their own safety. I doubt they'd speak to me anymore anyway.

The rest of them really, really need to be hung, shut, or sliced 'n diced.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

It's an interesting argument Doctor, yet the Front is not as...mindless, or psychotic as many would believe. It is actually a very well orchestrated, and thoughtout group with the very noble and straight forward mission to save the lives of every nanomage on this planet. Is that truely something evil? or criminal? Is it really our fault that the only way to be heard is to do actions to highlight our plight?

A truce has been tried in the past, yet that accomplished nothing but wasting time as mining output increased. If the only way in which mining output can be decreased, and the nanomage breed saved is to go to war against those committing the genocide against us, than it is something which will occur.

We are open to negiotiations, but they must actually offer something tangable to the saving of the nanomage breed. Simply saying "we'll stop mining....one day" is not enough. We aren't monsters, we are just willing to do whatevers necessary, and we will do so! We offer an open hand for those to come and talk, but if it is shunned away and those entice further violence. That is thier decision. We will deal with them one way or another.

We have the experience to fight on many fronts, using any and all weapons you can imagine. We are not just those weak nanomages many see us of. We will fight, and we will win!
    Last edited by Nyadach; Jun 7th, 2007 at 10:25:38.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

It would seem someones been taking security holo images of the Fronts activities since this warning to Rubi-ka.

Galway Village
    ICC-HQ
    Solitus Hanging Around
    Pool Toxin
    Data Centre Hack
    4 Holes Burns
    Last edited by Nyadach; Jun 7th, 2007 at 22:48:57.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

I'm very well aware of the correlation of forces and organisation of command, among the Nanomage Liberation Front. After leaving Omni-Pol, I kept... friends... in the Front, shall we say. I'm no longer charged with arresting you crazy buggers, but I do try and stay up to date.

(( Afterthought: That is not an admission to metagaming. I really have kept some sources in the front. ))

You will fight, and eventually the forces of OTAF and the Unicorns will be brought upon you. As you know, Major, I served a lot of command time in OTAF. Those Unicorns are vicious.

My old troops are worse. Heed the warning.
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Somewhere on Rubi-Ka
    Moment after moment it monitored the Rubi-kan gridfeeds. Like a hungry child it gobbled the bits of data, endlessly gorging itself on morsels of data yet never finding saiety. The data was digested, ruminated and finally spat out for Him to read. The latest transmission were duly given to Him, and He read,and He thought as He read.
    "Oh Major, Major what have you gone and done this time?"

"Send a message via c-net, activate all assessts in the Borealis and Newland areas, send them the following......."

of course doctor
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Quote Originally Posted by Praecautus View Post
    Somewhere on Rubi-Ka
    "Oh Major, Major what have you gone and done this time?"
    For that, you will have to wait and see *huge grin*.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!