Thread: Minimum QL of Improve (type) Weapon MRR

Post Minimum QL of Improve (type) Weapon MRR

Today I managed to discover the minimum QL of an Improve (type) Weapons MRR!

Trying to improve a QL200 Slank Chop with a QL17 MRR, I got the message that I had to have a MRR of at least QL20 in order to do the improvement. 10% of the weapon's QL or better, in other words.

One less mystery in the world.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Arrow

Hmm cool.

So if for some reason they nerf it to work 'as intended' we have a legitimate gripe to have all old MRRs boosted to ql200 or whatever.

Hopefully it doesn't change
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

actually, the problem is the ql of the MMR . The Robot Ins Disc qls are as follows:

ql 10 Improving Crushing Weapons
    ql 20 Improving Thrusting ...
    ql 30 Improving Slashing ...

So long as you don't combine these with lower ql symbol libraries and PPEs you should be ok.... you need ql40 MMR to modify weapons at 200ql

i mean really, the discs are such low ql there's no reason to buy lower ql parts than that...

I have a ql disc if anyone needs
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

IIRC, you can't even combine a QL 10 pppe with a QL 66+ MRR anyway.

Arrow

Some people (myself included) are worried that someday FC might decide that MRR ql matters, and 50% or 100% sounds right.

This could nerf someone with (for example) a 190 MRR from making 200 armor.

Knowing that it is actually 10% right now gives us some ammunition if FC tries to claim: "The MRR's QL was supposed to matter, they are not working as intended."
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

I made the Improve Thrusting Weapons MRR of a low QL back in the auld days when money was a concern - the Improve Slashing Weapons MRR I got a QL130ish MRR for, seeing as the Slashing category had vastly more weapons than the Crushing and Thrusting categories. (2 millions for a MRR was a lot of money for me back then.)

Well, trying to improve weapons for 1K/QL wasn't nearly the gold-mine I had hoped, so now I just improve weapons if anyone asks me to.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!