Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Traders and the NERF-STICK

Angel Of Death
    You people dont understand the trader proffesion, keep in mind that this is the future. They are badass, they trade skills, they give and take. They are not like the traders you think of now or in the medieval ages.

Re: Nanoresist

Originally posted by danserinthedark
    I resisted a deprive 5 times in a row against a trader equal to my level. (150ish)

My nanoresist is 700ish.

The problem with nano resist is that level of caster or q of nano being cast is not factored into the formule.

Hence nanoresist is useless until u get about 700 ish. But then it rocks at full deff.

So a well played doc is a nasty trader killer
    Well...i wont say a well played....i would say and incredible lucky doc could be a Traderkiller... i have 863 nr and i mostly play on full def in 2ho, and i never counter those Traderbuffs as often as i would like

I wont even step close to an equal lvl Trader and try kill him/her by myself. Without UVC the Trader have all the time in the world to keep recasting debuff untill it stick, it does not matter if i hit with UBT first, i cant kill the Trader fast anough, and as soon as those debuffs stick...the Trader does not take any dmg...
    And when initdebuff times out...u cant refresh it because u have 2 debuffs on u.

Only way to kill a Trader is to hit with UBT then my bigest dot's before i'm divested back to a lvl 50 noob. And i sure dont know any Trader that let me do that

I dont want those debuffs "nerfed"....i just want them put back to how they worked before the OE pach

In big battles it's fun to fight diferent professions, your group have to use warious tactics to gain advantage. And Traders are often first target due to their debuffs....as all other debuffers are...along with rooters....

Nerf enforcers!!!! They kill traders! Can't have that.

wah wah wah

whiners all over
    ~Lone

Am I the only one who finds it funny that someone who has worked his char all the way to 200 think spending 2 minutes on setting up a new shortcutbar is just too much work?

I've always had a backup shortcut bar for whenever I was drained by another trader, dominated by an MP or crowned by an NT, hell even a psymod incompetence would make me useless if I didn't have a backup bar I think.

Maybe it's because I'm a trader and totally dependent on getting off my drains to stand a chance. Yes without drains any gimp would own me bigtime.

Waiting for a funny picture Nothinman
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

I would agree to an adjustment to the drains. But we all know what will happen. FC will nerf it to the ground.
    Then im stuck with my self buffs that takes up 27 NCU.

U do what u guys want. I will survive. Ive managed to kill people without being able to drain (see Nano Resist).

1 example:

lvl 195 doc
    Me fully buffed with drains = above 1100 nano skills
    I cast Divest Advanced on doc. resisted.
    Do it again. Resisted.
    Did it 9 times. My 100% NR Divest got resisted 9 Times and people complain about NR not working?

Maybe u should explore some options before u go cry for nerf. Ill admit i wouldnt wanna loose my "uberness". But the fact is Funcom wont do an adjustment in the manner most people want. It will end with Trader drains being useless.
    I hardly pvp with my Trader anymore at all. I only pvp in camelot when Tara spawn and no Lohem im sure as hell aint afraid of loosing my Neophyte.
    Why are u even bringing up the guild i am in? What does that have to do with it? Only reason i mentioned u in same sentence as pvp was because u started this thread in pvp forum otherwise i havnt ever seen u anywhere close to something that we that practise it call PvP. Except for a few times when u stand in Tara room and give people buffs.
    And no trader dont own each proffession i mentioned.
    We dont own Engineers if they know what they are doing. Only reason i managed to kill Ethernal was because he was fighting in med-suit and was lagging so hard in Tir he could see/attack me most of our duel.
    We dont own enforcers either. 1 thing they need to do is max nano resist, use rage, bash us down.
    Ma's kick our ass bigtime. No point talking about them at all.
    When it comes to docs ive had alot of 1on1's with dodgeman. I cant drain him because he got so high NR. I remember one duel in mmd that i surely would have lost if he actually would have pressed Q for attack. He had me down to 20% HP by using DoTs and Nuke.
    When it comes to Soldiers it depends on what buffs they are running. I had a 1on1 duel against Mcafeevsd in 2ho and he had me down to 20% HP during most of our fight (using Nova Flow). That was also an even fight.
    Adventurers we also have pretty fair fights against, Ive been forced to run away from kaiousama atleast 2 times
    And dont complain about ur AS Kai, u know as much as i do that those 2k+ aimed shots hurt.
    Fixers have no dmg but they sure as hell dont have to worry that much when fighting a Trader (again im talking lvl 200 experience). Only times ive managed to kill a fixer (high lvl) is when they screwed up. Oh should i mention Shaded killed me in camelot?

I cannot talk much about the other proffessions due to the fact we dont have any good pvpers out there from those proffessions (that i fight against).
    This is all from experience and do not try and tell me i cant pvp or anything because i sure as hell know what i am doing, there is something id like to call a fair fight against a Trader.

(btw, reading "Topic Review")
    I see u mention friends in TC Lohem, and talk about blacklisting. What is that crap? And why bring something like that up at all?

::Sidenote::
    I do not count pre lvl 75 pvp, experience from PvP. It might learn u how to play ur character but its completely different high level.
    weeeeee

Red face well

I forgot to mention 1 thing, please don't bring up this the trade skill class shouldnt be good at pvp crap. If you look at all of the traders nanos and play/played EQ look at the necromancer and see how close they are to 1 another. Maybe funcom just named the trader wrong, and on top of it WHAT TRADE SKILLS, there are only a few in game and you can't lvl doing them so drop it already.

Good to see you here Coc^-^ we have only meet in pvp 1 time so far, so I doubt you remember me.

Nothinman you've already said it yourself that you don't even play anymore so why don't you go spend your time studying instead of wasteing our time on the boards. Maybe once you cancele your acct funcom should lock out your board acct so people like you don't post crap that they have no reasson posting.

Lohem you stated before that most of your pvping came from low lvl twinks, if anyone knows pvping at high lvls with a trader its Coc. as she has stated How many diff profs have used different tatics to kill her/make her run. High lvl pvp is completly diff from low lvls, I am learning that now.

One of the biggest problems is that most complants from pvping with a trader come from low lvls, there is very few high lvl traders, If I'm not mistaken there is only 10 on rbk2 includeing myself. At lower lvls a trader with moch running can well use high lvl drains and not to mention -75 everyones skills are not that high to begin with. And the biggest problem with -75 pvping a trader is they are all twinks, any class twinked out can own in pvp below lvl 75. Just about every low lvl trader I've meet are a alt from so 150+ that made it for fun and pvping. Lohem you are one of them so you know what im talking about.

As I stated before most traders don't mind drains getting reworked for pvp some what, but as Coc said we all know funcom will on mess it up and then all traders will be useless for 6 months until they get around to fixing us again. Thats the reasson most traders are against funcom touching us, we know what will happen. And if funcom nerf my class to a gimp I'm gone for good. I'm tired of reroll due to funcom nerf stick.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Honestly, sometimes a nerf IS necessary. The NT stun nerf for example; most NTs took that in stride with minimal complaint because it really was overpowered in PvP and they realized that. Sometimes a certain overpowered skill cannot realistically be compensated for by "boosting" other classes, and that's when a nerf is necessary.

In my opinion, trader debuffs and docs' full healing are almost as unbalancing as the NT stuns were and DO need adjusting. Most every person except those playing said proffessions agree on that.

Here is my suggestions:

FC could cap the duration of debuff effect on targets that are in PvP situation to 30 seconds.

I think they should remain as nasty they are, just change the duration for MP, trader and Docs debuffs on TARGET.

This would mean that a trader would still get full 3 minute benefit from succesful drain but the opponent would only suffer a 30 seconds penatly.

All debuffs could be capped at 30 seconds for PvP.

Just my 2 cents

Check also my post at Suggestions forums regarding the duration on debuffs:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=49625

Personally I think the damage cap should be 50% on specials and crits and no cap on non-crit non-special hits (ie, regular attacks). Nanoprograms... 70% maybe? Higher than it is, at very least. That should protect people adequately from 1-shot kills and alpha kills, but bring some parity back between healing and damaging classes. Remember that the damage you do is scaled against mob hitpoints, not player hitpoints, and players have far fewer hitpoints then mobs. Full damage on everything, therefore, isn't really feasible.

But anyway, raise the damage limits some. Then change debuffs. Debuffs of all sorts, including init debuffs, skill debuffs, and snares, should work at 40% to 50% in PvP. In the case of drains, the caster would still receive the full benefit, the target would suffer less penalty. Conversely, in order to contend with the stupidly high mob skills, you know the ones that allow mobs to cast nanos something like 20 or 30 levels higher than they are, they should work at 150% to 200% in PvM (I'm not sure how much better the debuffs need to be to be effective, but FC would). Again, for drains the caster would get the normal benefit, but the NPC target would suffer additional skill loss so it actually has an effect on their damage output and nanocasting ability. What you take away from debuffs in PvP to balance out the disgusting effect debuffs have, give back to the debuffing classes by making their debuffs effective in PvM.

I'm not an avid PvPer. In fact because of all the silliness that envelops PvP I avoid it as much as practical. But I do know a thing or two about game design, and I feel that this design would be an improvement over the current system.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

It is pity that FC does not enought to balance professions. They have stated that some professions are more suitable for PvP then others, fair enough. However, there is a significant difference being less suitable then completely useless.

How many NTs did you hear complaining about range nerf when they had the ability for it? None.

How many NTs did you hear complaining about Stun nerf when they had a short period of ability to use it? None.

Were they overpowering? For sure. Anymore overpowering then 3 minute debuffs from Traders, MPs and Docs? Don't think so.

It took other professions to make the changes to NTs, of course NTs were complaining about and still are, but in all fairness if some profession in this game gets too overpowered it needs to be adjusted, fixed, or even nerfed (what ever you wanna call it).

This game is never gonna get better, if the community cannot work on these ideas together. All professions should have their saying about other professions. It is only selfish and single minded people that don't see the potential benefits for these adjustments. Sometimes they can be harsh, as an example NTs main ability/benefit (range) was rendered completely useless, but hey, I am still playing my NT. I would have even accepted this nerf without a complaint, IF FC would use the same attention to other professions.

The real problem is that FC does not listen enough.

heres an Idea.. make some new general nanos... make em so that they willbuffer a percentage of any drain :O
    Socializer 93%
    Explorer 53%
    Achiever 40%
    Killer 13%
    <('.'<) <('.')> (>'.')> <('.')> <('.'<)

Ah...damn nerfs again.

Leave traders the way they are.

I have seen agents drop traders in 3 shots....too many times.

I have dueled traders like Abid and dropped them selfbuffed.

All a trader can do now is to drain.

They cant heal as they used too.

If a trader FAILS to divest you 2 times....he is a dead man.

Divest has like 100% nano resist.
    Plunder has 190%?

Thats their weakness if you cant insta kill them like agents can.

NR, max it and implant it.

Today i hardly have any problems with traders and you guys want to nerf them?

WTF are they supposed to do then? Root me? lol

Traders can be killed by many.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Re: Ah...damn nerfs again.

Originally posted by Anikitos
    Leave traders the way they are.

I have seen agents drop traders in 3 shots....too many times.

I have dueled traders like Abid and dropped them selfbuffed.

All a trader can do now is to drain.

They cant heal as they used too.

If a trader FAILS to divest you 2 times....he is a dead man.

Divest has like 100% nano resist.
    Plunder has 190%?

Thats their weakness if you cant insta kill them like agents can.

Today i hardly have any problems with traders and you guys want to nerf them?

WTF are they supposed to do then? Root me? lol

Traders can be killed by many.
    amen
    weeeeee

Er you are a enf tho dude, I wouldn't complain if I could rasie my NR either

MAINS:
    Qwerty On ots most wanted list, considered armed and extremely deadly
    Asp Strikes like a snake...
    Wiinston Short n' fat
    Qwerty2 I'm on RBK1!

TWINKS:
    Sqwerty|WizardX|Wrandle

Originally posted by Qwerty
    Er you are a enf tho dude, I wouldn't complain if I could rasie my NR either

what do YOU have to complain about qwerty hehehe

I am back by the way
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Yazule

what do YOU have to complain about qwerty hehehe

I am back by the way
    lol D how's it going old timer ?

Wasn't against enf btw Was just saying that NR does work very well, with rage

MAINS:
    Qwerty On ots most wanted list, considered armed and extremely deadly
    Asp Strikes like a snake...
    Wiinston Short n' fat
    Qwerty2 I'm on RBK1!

TWINKS:
    Sqwerty|WizardX|Wrandle

who needs resist if you have rage?

*dumb atrox look*

What char you playing mostly? what server? I have a nice twinky MA on RK1 though low level should not take long to level her up if that is where you are.

(til SWG comes along and sweeps me away)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Re: Ah...damn nerfs again.

Originally posted by Anikitos
    And if I can't implant it, because I'd have to sacrifice 105 attack rating and 105 biomet? And if I don't have Infernal Rage and 1600+ nano resist? 640 NR completely maxed and on full def doesn't do very much when they have 1100 nanoskills...
    Yagyu for life

Re: Re: Ah...damn nerfs again.

Originally posted by Kaiousama

And if I can't implant it, because I'd have to sacrifice 105 attack rating and 105 biomet? And if I don't have Infernal Rage and 1600+ nano resist? 640 NR completely maxed and on full def doesn't do very much when they have 1100 nanoskills...
    A trader has to drain 1st before they even have 1100 nano skills, I love how people skip over that part
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Re: Re: Re: Ah...damn nerfs again.

Originally posted by xenomorph

A trader has to drain 1st before they even have 1100 nano skills, I love how people skip over that part
    And what are the odds that they won't be? With guards/lizards to drain I thought it was pretty much common sense for traders to drain something before fighting anyone...?
    Yagyu for life

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast