Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Traders and the NERF-STICK

Re: Re: Re: some people

Originally posted by xenomorph

how is a lvl 172 sol fighting a lvl 70ish trader?
    he was fighting a 70ish enforcer. i wanted to help out so we grouped. was a big big fight with gms and all that there in 2h0.

Lohem, why do you even care when you are quitting in less than two weeks?
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

I just love how people flame me but yet completely dance over the fact that most traders (like myself) have no problem with a touch up on drains in pvp I posted 2 fixs I thought might help fix drains so everyone has more than a fair chance agianst a trader 1 on 1. But no everyone likes to whine and cry while asking to have all traders nerfed.

And what gets me pissed is if lets say funcom nerfs traders drain out of pvp, all you cry baby's will just ***** about another prof that beats you. I've been playing this game over a year and have watched everytime a prof has some good players in pvp kill alot of players they come here cry and whine, then prof gets nerfed, then they move on to another prof. alot of you cry baby's probally werent even playing back when agents and nts owned everyone. They would get in thier yalms fly on top of bulidings in 2ho 1 - 3 shot kill everyone and anyone even before they finished loading from zoneing. why do you think there is a %40 dmg cap and 15 sec grace period in pvp zones now.

I am almost to the point to were I won't ever wangle anyone again because some of the same people I go out of my way to help by wrangleing them are some of the same ones asking for traders to be nerfed.

Scroll back up and read my comments of possable fixes for drains in pvp and tell me that I'm not trying to come up with a fix to make both traders and everyone else happy. I'm not one of the "I'M UBER PHEAR ME" pvpers I'm just like you trying to have fun playing a prof I like.

want to know why I picked a trader and like it so much? I played a crat but pet pathing has always been a joke so I droped that, I played a nt they are hurting so bad in pvp and pvm its not even funny, then I decided to play a trader I get the mezzing of crat and nt which I liked, ok hp's, roots and area roots (which crat had area and nt had single) and I have a constant challenge when doing missions, keeping a eye on drains to make sure they dont wear off, mezzing adds, and once in a blue moon poping out a team heal to save someone from death (which gives me a great chance of dieing since I lose 1/2 my hps from dot and get agro)
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Well, since damage was capped...isn't it logical to cap heal and debuffs?

ipwvguwviapgpougv Nothinman

Hope you dont mind Cute dog btw, is it yours?
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

Originally posted by Cudus
    Lohem, why do you even care when you are quitting in less than two weeks?
    I'm getting married in three weeks. I still have a lot of planning to do and also moving. So I'm going to need time away from game to get new apartment ready and it will be some time before i get cable or dsl up and running in new abode'

Why do i care? I've invested a year of my life in this game, i enjoy it, it's a hobbie and it's been fun. I've met some cool people and some retards.. but for the most part.. cool peeps

I'll probably be back in mid to late November after my subscription ends in Sept 16th... we'll see what is out then.

Currently i'm on beta in Neocron and Asherons Call2... but neither are up to par on AO.

Originally posted by Nothinman
    hye Cudus... u F*ckTard!

http://members.shaw.ca/mike81/gayas.jpg

ROFLMAO hhahahahahahahahahaha
    Last edited by hehe :P; Sep 5th, 2002 at 20:08:16.

Originally posted by Lohem

You have obviously never fought a soldier in PvP or never been alpha striked. With self buffed Attack of 950 my alpha rarely takes off 25% of the total HP for someone my equal level and the most I've ever taken off is about 50% which is usually insta healed back by any heal class... Then i have to reload which takes up around 5+ seconds because i just emptied my magazine.

In PvM i can alpha with on regular shot in between up to about 20k... In PvP with outside shield buffs, bracers and highest ACS on all armor for projectile which is what CHS does.. i usually Alpha for 3k on average if my Full Auto doesn't take a shizat, that's based on an oppenent with about 6k + HP.. now I have to reload and wait for specials to recycle....

"Go to Full Defense" you say? do you know how slow a 2.5/2.5 gun is at full defense?

after PvP patch I have never seen apha insta-kill anyone... MAYBE if i ganked a lvl 75 character, but surly not someone of equal or greater level.

And like Borrace said.. I don't just pvp with my Soldier.. i've had nearly 20 differnt character thought this past year and pvped with all of them.. several low level twinks, MP, NT, Trader, Doc, Advent ect.... I've had Freshman on every character for atleast a while, and Rookie on two. I keep 3 character atm and deleted all others.. Freshman fixer, Rookie Advent and my Soldier has lost and gained titles a hand full of times

So, NO!, I'm not making **** up.

Not true.. I maxed nano resist and did tests... NR about 700~ Shaded landed debuffs on me (thanks for test bro) also so did Gplus and level 200 trader Knas.... All clanners and very cool to help me do these tests while i was at Tir Arena. I was on full Defense and all bebuffs landed.. you have to have buffed and implanted about 1k+ for these to work and even then it's 50/50.. roots resist better and when they do land they don't last as long.

but like i said before.. try firing a 2.5/2.5 weapon on full defense.. it's not even funny.

that's it for now
    yes I have fought a sol before as my trader, and I lost, maybe because the sol was above my lvl. I haven't fought one my own lvl so I will stay out of this agrument until then. side note not every trader has on bracers.

Please don't compare all pvp to twink pvping. there is a big difference in low lvl twink pvp and high lvl pvp. At high lvls there is no such thing as twink anymore.

My point I've stated over and over agian. If funcom fixed nano resist this wouldn't be a big problem anyways. 700 nano resist is high but not high enough. I have a enf friend that gets 1400 nano resist after rage and mongo, he laughs when a trader tries to ransack him. But my point is your nano resist should have to be that high to counter a nano, maybe they should give nt's a nano resist buff (as I stated in the another thread) so when you pvp you'll have a better chance resisting, or just rework nano resist for pvp.

BTW I've played a sol I now how anoying some classes can be, hell I played mine during the time period before the dmg cap in pvp, and a nt and agent owned me everytime I steped foot in 2ho.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Originally posted by Xenomorph
    I'm not one of the "I'M UBER PHEAR ME" pvpers I'm just like you trying to have fun playing a prof I like.
    Xeno, kudos to you. I saw your fix options and applause you for affirming that PvP drains in it's current state is not how this game was intended to be played. I knew there were traders like you out there.... i was one of them

And like one guy said, being a level 74 Trader twink does not make me an expert.. but he was also right when he said it does give me insight...

But you don't need to be a flippin' genious to know that traders are overpowered in PvP.

Your fix proposals are a start. i don't want a nerf across the board.. just a fix. I would say No Skill Drains on players.. have them Mob/monster only.

you say 1. make two sets of drains. one for nano and one for weapon skills:

I say: you only need one for each profession anyway.... for every profession except for MA just doing the weapon drain will still OE them beyond effectiveness....

you say 2. make two lines of drains pvp/pvm where in pvp your drain gives you benifits for 2 mins and drains me for 30secs

I say: so you'll be hitting me for a full 30sec while i stand there and look at you funny.... even after the 30secs you'll be able to "a." still have buffed attack from your two min of drain and kill me in not too many more shots if i am not dead already or/and "b." cast drains on me again to refresh... This is not a fix.

I truly appreciate your ideas, but they will not fix the situation.. lets come up again half way between here and there.

I still say: Skill Drains should be mob/monster only.

Red face lmao

Xeno, kudos to you. I saw your fix options and applause you for affirming that PvP drains in it's current state is not how this game was intended to be played. I knew there were traders like you out there.... i was one of them

And like one guy said, being a level 74 Trader twink does not make me an expert.. but he was also right when he said it does give me insight...

But you don't need to be a flippin' genious to know that traders are overpowered in PvP.

Your fix proposals are a start. i don't want a nerf across the board.. just a fix. I would say No Skill Drains on players.. have them Mob/monster only.

you say 1. make two sets of drains. one for nano and one for weapon skills:

I say: you only need one for each profession anyway.... for every profession except for MA just doing the weapon drain will still OE them beyond effectiveness....

you say 2. make two lines of drains pvp/pvm where in pvp your drain gives you benifits for 2 mins and drains me for 30secs

I say: so you'll be hitting me for a full 30sec while i stand there and look at you funny.... even after the 30secs you'll be able to "a." still have buffed attack from your two min of drain and kill me in not too many more shots if i am not dead already or/and "b." cast drains on me again to refresh... This is not a fix.

I truly appreciate your ideas, but they will not fix the situation.. lets come up again half way between here and there.

I still say: Skill Drains should be mob/monster only.

mmm that part in bold, uh your talking about me, I was the one who said you not a expert but do have insight. maybe that atrox avtar fixs you perfect

looks like to me the only way you will be happy is if drains are completely removed from pvp, then remove heals, nano shutdown, tms, mongo, etc...

If you want to see things change then try to come up with a fix before you post about making a nerf on a prof.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Originally posted by calvara
    make the drains 40% on a player

won't "fix" things, but it will make them more balanced
    Good idea..never thought of this..
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

I'm getting married in three weeks. I still have a lot of planning to do and also moving. So I'm going to need time away from game to get new apartment ready and it will be some time before i get cable or dsl up and running in new abode'

Why do i care? I've invested a year of my life in this game, i enjoy it, it's a hobbie and it's been fun. I've met some cool people and some retards.. but for the most part.. cool peeps

I'll probably be back in mid to late November after my subscription ends in Sept 16th... we'll see what is out then.

Currently i'm on beta in Neocron and Asherons Call2... but neither are up to par on AO.

ROFLMAO hhahahahahahahahahaha
    m8 HOT advice... Dont spend time in game if your getting married =p Games isnt worth trouble with rl life...
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Xeno.. buddie (hehe)

I praise you for coming up with solutions to the problem and you come back with a silly flame that because after 20 some odd posts i didn't remember who said what that the Atrox breed fits me because of that?

Come on bro.. lets keep it real.

I personally think that with Skill Drains being PvM only that the trader will be balanced in PvP and win 50% instead of near 100. (you would still have drains in the nano and HP department) But.. I would also like to try Calvara's idea about Skill Drains being 40% in pvp..

I think that is a very good idea to start with. But i'm sure that you would find that the outcome to be the same.. at level 1-150 it doesn't take must to OE someones weapon to ineffectiveness.

Lightbulb well thats a start

if they cap the drains %40 or even %50 in pvp then it may work, but completly removeing drains from pvp is unaceptable, unless maybe they increased the drian time on mobs like say 30 mins so a trader can drain a mob and have plently of time to get into a pvp zone before it wore off. You have to remeber the only thing a trader has going for them is a high atr after drains. and if they casn't cast a drain at all in a pvp zone a trader is as good as a nt without nukes.

back onto the %40 drain in pvp that goes back to my same idea if deprive only hit weapon skills and ransack only hit nano skills instead of having a total of 414 (not completly sure what the max drain effect is on a player, but ill use this number to keep it simple) the player would only have -207 weapon skills and -207 nano skills instead of -414 on both. so in a since it would make drains %50 plus on top of that the trader would no long have a self equiped ql 200 gun at lvl 104. Thus stoping a trader from stiar climbing the drains in pvp on a player that cant get out of a root. so a low lvl trader would only be able at max cast 3 drains on another player and at high lvls the trader would have to decide which to cast. Plus by making ransack only hit nano skills with it being the 1 with the highest nano resist (%190 resist rate) means the nano profs wouldn't fear traders so much knowing that if their NR is high they a good chance of not having it land.

Like I said before I'm up for s change, but do not want my prof to become useless.
    My small army on rbk2

NT
    Got Nullity Sphere?

Crat

trader
    <--flavor of the month

I See you!

Drains dont even need 40%..just cut down the duration..its ****ing rediculous as it is...
    Tier. yellow. fix. please? k. thx.

Drains need to be put back to how they worked before the OE pach, they did hurt your skills but did not make you totaly useless with 0% effective gun.

Drains could also be "made" into a line that affected nanoskills and one line that affects weaponskills.

Xeno,

I didn't think of it like that.. when you explain your ransack for nano skills and deprive for weapons it makes more sense and sounds like something that may work.

If you had a choice would you rather see that or Calvara's idea?

Just want to say that i'll never seriously evaluate a soldier's suggested "fix" for a trader. Look i know you dont have a chance lohem, i'd bet i could punch you to death to be honest. I know, big strong soldier, likes to shoot things.... gets more than a little humbled when the trader gives you a big royal work over and yeah that hurts.

Suggesting that drains be removed from pvp is absurd and only displays how little you know about traders. Do you know what self buffed is for a trader? Expertises and Quantum uncertainty.... yipee.... Without our drains, and without other buffs to help us out we're quite mortal. Keep trying Lohem eventually you'll find some engineers and crats you can beat up on with no strategy and you'll be entertained for a while.

In the mean time dont underestimate getting a TS/psy mod incompetence off on a trader before they land their first drain - that little bit of a drop can screw them over quick. Also just run up and mash the trader, its not like we have any hp. Screwing around in the arena I was alphad by a soldier recently that wouldve killed me had he not stoped.

You traders have defeated yourselves, the number of responses by traders indicates the number of traders that read the pvp forum. If the traders are ignoring tradeskill forum and are collecting on pvp forums you know there is a problem.

Polgra is evil.
    -Freshman Ybbo Level 51 Enforcer

-Ebbo Level 25 Meta-Physicist

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast