Thread: each profession and breed should get 1 weapon that is good for them

each profession and breed should get 1 weapon that is good for them

Every class should have at least 1 class specific weapon.

Some classes have 1 or 2. and i am not talking something unique, or uber loot only. i mean a line 1-200

Fixers should have a smg/mg with burst.

Agents Rifle/Aimed shot

Enf ?

Advents-- sol and pistol in use.

Doc?

NT?

MP?

Soldier In use currently, need more if master of weapons

Crat-- they have a pistol buff?

trader-- they like shotguns i hear!

MA they have claws i think that are MA only

Engy ?

also breeds should have more also.

Atrox-- Beam -- atrox pistol

Opi?

Nano? but they have cool glasses :P

soli?

it would IMHO help to give professions/races more diversity and make something unique.

SS

I agree, but I'd prefer several options as well as several other options any class can use

and Atrox pistol = Large Orb
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Disagree almost completely. But what else is new? Somebody needs to explain to me why an Opifex can use a particular pistol and a Solitus with identical skills cannot.

Likewise, my Martial Artist has 600 Pistol skill. Tell me why he can't even put a Kaen Archibald Kolt of qlvl1 in his hand.

I hate that crap.

I agree with the diversity thing. But turning the game into EQ is not how I would personally prefer it.

Breed should have always effected skills. If you tell me that an Opifex gets +1 to Pistol every other level simply by leveling, I could completely understand that at lvl200 they'd have 100 more Pistol skill than any other breed. Then drop in the Pistols that require 1200 skill to equip and I'd agree that it was basically an 'opifex-only' pistol.

But, that brings us into probably an even worse situation. If you wanted to use Pistol, you wouldn't choose any other breed. That sucks just as bad as breeds not mattering.

The only time I can accept this arbitrary nonsense like the Adv-only pistols is when there is some logic behind it. The fact that a Support Beam probably weighs 600 kilograms helps me to understand how only a 3/4 ton beast like an Atrox could wield it without tipping over.

Likewise, I don't like tell the Engineer that he 'should' got Martial Arts or Pistol. Why? Because FunCom sez so? Somebody explain to me why an Engineer of all people would be better at shooting a pistol than firing a rifle or pulling the trigger on a crossbow. There's no sense behind that. So, somebody is gonna ask for an Engineer-only Pistol that blows all others away and now every damn Engineer on the planet if forced into Pistol wielding?

That sounds quite boring and very EQ.

Work with the breeds. Let Atrox get an innate increase in Heavy Weapons or let them dual-wield a 1HB with one 2HB weapon. Give the Opifex natural multi-melee and multi-ranged increases. Maybe some day we'll see one with a machette in one hand and a pistol in the other hand.

Just please don't let me see more items like a Solitus-only shoulder item adding to Brawl. How stupid can you get? Like Solitus are the only breed that has shoulders?

So, if it doesnt say Nano Tech on it I shouldn't be using it? hmm....

Well, I dunno about any others, but the Electronicum is about as NT friendly as you get. Nice damage (even advents and soldiers like em). One skill to raise. Adds nano init, NCU, and nano programming. Seems like and NT pistol to me. *shrug*

And from what I heard, allot of the "class only" wepons/items are either not working right, or aren't as good. So really, other than their existance it's not such a big deal (admitadly there are a few that are great, but the % of the total of class specific is what I'm refering to incase there is any confustion)

-Fal

Yep, the Electronicum is what we need.

What we don't need is an 'Electronicum-NT' that is is the same only has 100 more minimum damage and an 'NT-Only' requirement.

A Pistol should require .... lemme think .....

hmmm ....

oh, yeah!

Pistol skill.

Not what color your skin is, whether you like boxers or briefs, or what office building you enter to start your work day.

Same goes for Armor. I see we got armor that only certain professions can use. OK, I get it. I'm a bartender. I can't wear these pants because the pants don't like the fact that I'm a bartender. Harumph.

OK, I realize that these items are copouts by the game designers to fix flaws in their game mechanics without having to do much work. Oh? NanoMage Doctors are dieing too fast. How do we fix this? Easy. Take the loser route and simply drop something into the game for NanoMage Doctors. Don't work on the underlying issues of agro management tools and crappy teamwork amongst the majority of your playerbase. A slipshod bandage is what they do best in Oslo.

Doesn't mean we have to like the fact that choice is being taken out of the game. Doesn't mean we have to like the fact that what you do with your character and how you spend your hours (other than 'leveling' of course) means less and less with each patch.

they could easily incorporate weapons that are more appealing to a particular breed or class by adding certain skills to them rather specifically forcing them to be say NT only.

The trash king pistol that requires mechanical engineering is an example. Obviously this pistol is most intended for an engie... but anyone can use it... this allows people to be creative and making their characters..

However.. these weapons need to be at least reasonably on par with one another.
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Lightbulb

Bionitrous:

1HB + 2HB = 3HB. When did Atrox get -this- many arms?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!