Thread: Rose's Secret

Rose's Secret

Rose Alward here..

I have a secret I have been keeping for almost a year.. I was unable to say anything until I reached someone to let him know first.
    Her name is Abby she is my daughter. Her daddy is a society member thats been offworld and still is offworld. He and I had a short relationship you could say and Abby is the result of it she is a beautiful half solitus half opifex little girl.
    She is a good girl and she has her daddy's eyes.

She was born early and sent to omni med to be treated for underdeveolpment and they decided that rubika is no place for a small baby so they kept her in the development treatment lab until she was mentally and physicaly like an 12 year old. She is currently studying to be a fixer and is excited to get to meet some new people now that she's no longer a secret.
    Last edited by Mrs; May 29th, 2007 at 17:18:26.

hmm thats curious... i thought it was genetically impossible for a interbreed child to be produced

In this day and age, Xenotric, nothing along the lines of genetics can be said to be impossible.
    Natasha "Tashania" Niacescu, 66 Nanomage Engineer
    Leader of ~Society of Salvation~

"Nothing that a good 5/8" wrench won't fix. Unless it needs duct tape. Then always use duct tape."

I am sure it would be possible via labrotory techniques I mean, the production of the current breeds was, but by just normal methods?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenotric View Post
    I am sure it would be possible via labrotory techniques I mean, the production of the current breeds was, but by just normal methods?
    Some genes dominate others, unless Omni Tek added safeguards against that, and they don't really have a word to say about our Solitus DNA, I guess that if it works we have well... a solitus or opifex. Mostly.

Well that's what I heard, I'm more intersted about the initial process.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

but by just normal methods?
    The first of each of these changed breeds were indeed made in Petri dishes, probably the first couple of generations, until they were stable. Look around Rubi-Ka and see all thosee horribly failed experiments, they weren't stable..
    But really, we're not that far from each other genetically speaking that we can't interbreed unless a specific block is put in place and while I'm no doc I have not heard of any such thing. It would seem it isn't working as intended if it's there, though.

((Pun intended..))
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Quote Originally Posted by Kahava View Post
    The first of each of these changed breeds were indeed made in Petri dishes, probably the first couple of generations, until they were stable. Look around Rubi-Ka and see all thosee horribly failed experiments, they weren't stable..
    But really, we're not that far from each other genetically speaking that we can't interbreed unless a specific block is put in place and while I'm no doc I have not heard of any such thing. It would seem it isn't working as intended if it's there, though.

((Pun intended..))
    we could test it, you and i
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Oh well I guess I'll beleive it when I see it...

Hopefully it will be properly documented as the first interbreed child in over 700 years since the first breed production...

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    we could test it, you and i
    Hehe, I guess what happen in Reet's stays in Reet's but I don't think my b/f would like that.
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

the first interbreed child in over 700 years
    As Boltgun said, some genes will be dominant so it's very often not possible to tell if a person is a mix and if so what specific mix that is - not that it matters anyway, to most people atleast.

I really think you'd be surprised..
    The sheer amount of different-breed marriages (and "less formal liaisons") is practically a guarantee that mixed-breed children have been around for ages. I really think we'd have heard if some couples were inexplicably unable to have children by now.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Well I guess that could be happenening yes, but from what Rose has said her daugther is half and half and is showing traits from both, perhaps if she clarified that it is either a solitus or opifex with a different breed mother (aka dominant gene theory is correct and working) or that it is infact a special breed

that it is infact a special breed
    "Special breed" as in a separate breed? She won't be, she'll be a mix. Simple as that.

Also, kindly stop referring to people as it, it's seriously disrespectful.. do that to a 'Trox while he's around you might learn why that's a bad idea. We are a lot of things, but patient aren't one of them. Not to mention that the "Brotherhood of Pie" has many members all across Rubi-Ka..
    perhaps if she clarified that it is either a solitus or opifex with a different breed mother
    Forgive me for not seeing the blatantly obvious, but why would she do that? To you or to anyone else? What exactly does it matter?
    I really don't see that it's any of our business one way or the other.. She's a child, whose parents were fond of each other and that's the important thing.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

she looks more like me .. than her father

Yes, i have heard all about inter-breed children being born. It was by artificial means however, needing a *coughs* sperm donation, as well as some scientific process to cause fertilisation to occur.

Having this happen by non-artifical means, makes me a bit suprised to be honest... meh, don't know too much about biology so to speak, although i am reading up on such things since i took on a project relating to cyborg research.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Today at 18:32:45.. Reason: constantly mistyping someone else's name in an attempt to belittle them in harassment

Cyborg related experiment? Do tell!

Dabblez
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Dabblez View Post
    Cyborg related experiment? Do tell!

Dabblez
    Erm... its kinda classified information, this research could make me lots of money indeed, and i'd rather not discuss it here, its not really related to Inter-breed children, i was just stating how my medical experiance isnt up to scratch on such matters.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Today at 18:32:45.. Reason: constantly mistyping someone else's name in an attempt to belittle them in harassment

but see I am not pure opifex I am a mixture of the breeds made by omni med labs 31 years ago.. as are my 9 sisters I just have more opifex traits. where as Mercy looks solitus and Petra looks nanomage.
    *shrugs*

Ah... now it becomes understandable!

Reminds me when i read an article about leetpiis. I'd dare to think what would happen to the wildlife if those leets involved in the leetpiis experiment somehow escaped and decided to breed with the wildlife.

These circumstances do cause unexpected results, i just hope abby is a healthy child and lives a long and fufilling life.