Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low Light Target Scopes create fair amount of unbalance

It's not like it's impossible to get one of the old scopes.

They stopped dropping, yes, but you can still trade/buy one if you have lots of cash or something valuable to trade.

That's how i got my ELLTS.

It's like in the real world, there are only so many picasso paintings, and if you want one prepare to dish out some serious cash
    Don Jinxster Juan - Solitus Trader - Omni RK1

Nolan Necrogar Danczak - Opifex Martial Artist - Omni RK1

// TODO: Put some funny line here

And lets be honest - these scopes are still available. Some players i know find the occasional ELLTS in an old backpack in the bank terminal.

I also managed to get my hands on 2 low ql LLTS for the princely sum of 1 mill each.

but with all these perception buffs flying around most people can implant and buff a decent enuff VE.

i have LLTS and dont use

crit verse speed thats the way it is with scopes. i know of people who have taken off 11%+scopes and equiped TIM's scope. personally i like the EV's it makes me use perception so players have less chance of hiding from me. Hard and fast thats my motto not harder and slower. A RI debuff can ruin your day.

It's a personal choice TIM, EV or LLTS each has its advantage and disadvantage, a nice balance IMO.

Originally posted by Tolbat

LOL!!! i play this game form day one and i dont have a QL 100+ llts...

why should we who playd this game form day one have a better chanse in pvp and pvm?

do u want a unbalancet game?
    Funcom never has balanced anything else, why start now?

SS

P.S but what i am saying is. many people have nothing to show for being in game. I have a pioneer and a 5% scope. Guess what, boith are practically worthless unless your level 50.

Heh, can you image wearing your pioneer backpack into the arena? You pop up the words PHEAR ME over your head and everyone immediately knows you're an easy kill.

Hajk, yeah I'm looking for bracers. Having to solo to do it, but that's ok. In truth, I need lots of other good loot, too, before I can compete with the big boys (my combo of Bau/Waitt/nano armor just ain't gonna cut it).

Since I've only got teeny tiny exp at PvP, I try to learn from those that know more than me. So until I can talk to respected PvPer that doesn't use an LLTS, I have to believe that the best I can shoot for is to be ok at PvP, but never real good. I'm still hoping for weapons that are good at PvP despite having low crit numbers.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

PvP in this game is so unbalanced already, changing these scopes would not alter that fact.

Thumbs down wrong thing to waa about

If you want to whine, whine for FC to let us get ql400 loot. Maybe we can in 14.5, who knows.

200 LLTS

400 New Scope (at 250 they lose the -50 nano init)

My guess is lowest 15% new scope is ~ql390. I'd trade my 194 llts for one unless they end up common as dirt or something.

You can buff peception 1000 or more with implants (210) buffs (107+130+600) odd items etc.

BTW, I've noticed most people want a scope bigger than their inits can handle. A 8% 250 new scope is plenty for almost everything but a few really fast weapons.
    Last edited by Mercatura; Sep 6th, 2002 at 19:43:27.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

I think its a good idea that 400 scopes should drop. They could make it a ql 250 team mission boss loot. It would be fun getting those items since it reque 2 teams to do that mission and kill boss.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

BTW i tested new scope versus old one.

I use ql 250 vision enchancer and ql 174 (13 eLLTS) and 196 (15 eLLTS)

With vision enchancer
    Ithaca worked great. I could go full defence and maintain nice attack speed and good criticals. With eLLTS ql 196 i shoot very slow even on full offence so i use ql 174(13 eLLTS) which still slows me down greatly and i must stay in full offence to maintain good attack speed.

Well i still prefer 13 scope because i switch wepons. I use raids and ithaca. Mostly raids especialy for camelot or large battles so i can stay in full defence and they still fire at great speed. With ithaca i use it only if people have psyhic bracers or when they run from me
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Drsweetie1
    I use X-3 currently which works fine but doesn't really seem like a doctor weapon.
    K....just out of curiousity...what DOES seem like a doctor weapon..thinking realistically...

"Oh ****! i can't outdamage that soldier w/o my 15% scope..!"
    "Oh ****! that MA crits way more than me! i need a new scope!"
    "Oh ****! I can't hit that fixer..! these new scopes suck!"

I'm not really sure where the point in that is..i just think its quite pathetic when you make a doctor because you know they're better than most other proffs in PvP.
    Tier. yellow. fix. please? k. thx.

Originally posted by Element

K....just out of curiousity...what DOES seem like a doctor weapon..thinking realistically...
    Thinking realistically... doc got 2 arms&hands and think they can pretty much use the same weapons with some training as everyone else... Have u ever hear of combat-medics?
    Thinking realistically...? Heheh....in a game that i supposed to take part at the year 29475....?
    Lmao, yea i'm sure that realistically...we will se MA's killing soldiers at the battlefield that year....

I'm not really sure where the point in that is..i just think its quite pathetic when you make a doctor because you know they're better than most other proffs in PvP.
    Yea, i might have been patetic juli last year because i figured out that DOT's, nukes and range would be greate in PvP (and they where) along with heals
    Just as patetic as u as a MA (Bruice Lee wannabe) tought u would be the "end" to everyone else...with ur fist and kicks...

It's a freeking game, and not all 12 years old have been clever anough to understand that yet...

Yea according to the profession description doc's have 2 weak fields...Combat through all means besides nano programs(1) and Most initiatives(2). And thats quite right..we have bad weaponskills, and we have bad initiatives... they forgot to add bad evades too...
    The Doctor is the master of keeping people alive, but can also turn his knowledge of living tissue into a deadly weapon.

I cant read anywhere that we should be an easy kill... We where just as good as anyone else at 100% dmg, and we still are at 50/40.
    Last edited by Fryli; Sep 7th, 2002 at 12:52:39.

Originally posted by Fryli

Thinking realistically... doc got 2 arms&hands and think they can pretty much use the same weapons with some training as everyone else... Have u ever hear of combat-medics?
    Thinking realistically...? Heheh....in a game that i supposed to take part at the year 29475....?
    Lmao, yea i'm sure that realistically...we will se MA's killing soldiers at the battlefield that year....

Yea, i might have been patetic juli last year because i figured out that DOT's, nukes and range would be greate in PvP (and they where) along with heals
    Just as patetic as u as a MA (Bruice Lee wannabe) tought u would be the "end" to everyone else...with ur fist and kicks...

It's a freeking game, and not all 12 years old have been clever anough to understand that yet...

Yea according to the profession description doc's have 2 weak fields...Combat through all means besides nano programs(1) and Most initiatives(2). And thats quite right..we have bad weaponskills, and we have bad initiatives... they forgot to add bad evades too...
    The Doctor is the master of keeping people alive, but can also turn his knowledge of living tissue into a deadly weapon.

I cant read anywhere that we should be an easy kill... We where just as good as anyone else at 100% dmg, and we still are at 50/40.
    Im just curious depending on a breed + etc... How much would i be have to be able to debuff to Get a doc not able to use a init debuff?
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Arrow

You mean no =%3D10&eff[ranged+init]=%2A]init debuffs at all?

I'd say nano shutdown would be the only way.

Exhaust Muscles is the lowest 'sticky' one I think, a tl5+ doc can always get that one off

Edit: dang forum, wish we could use real html for at least urls
    Last edited by Mercatura; Sep 7th, 2002 at 15:21:23.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12