Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low Light Target Scopes create fair amount of unbalance

Low Light Target Scopes create fair amount of unbalance

I am doctor just started this game about month ago unfortunatly after funcom decided to take out low light targetting scopes. I am now finally at the level which I can choose a weapon so I went to several high lv doctor and asked them about there choice in weapon. I at first wanted go with shotgun as seems logical choice IP wise for doctor but repeatly told that the new scopes do not offer the critical % needed for this. So basically I end up stuck picking weapon like X-3 because I need go off my minimal damage and not critical %. I can see how taking old scopes out of the game and only allowing the new ones go up 8% can cause a lot unbalance pvp wise or even pvm. Basically if want pvp competive rate I need fork over 100+ mill credits for good scope.

This dicussion has been up before, and FC won't do anything about it, so learn to live with it...
    Zizayu
    Master 10th Dan
    Mayhem

I think the general trend is that new weapons have a higher attack/recharge time and seem to be far superior to previous weapons that were viable to use with 14-15% scopes. I think over time this problem will go away, but atm there seems to be a slight edge with high level scopes.

It helps to be a player to stick with the game.

This is the only thing some long term players have that gives them something.

SS

plz also bear in mind that new scopes give a better aimed shot benefit and less init reduction than the LLTS of comparable lvl

there are still plenty of buffs out there for some one who teams to have a high enuff crit % to use any weapon effectively.

Agent, Crat and MA can buff your Crit chance and make any weapon serviceably.

Originally posted by saveyourbutt
    It helps to be a player to stick with the game.

This is the only thing some long term players have that gives them something.

SS
    LOL!!! i play this game form day one and i dont have a QL 100+ llts...

why should we who playd this game form day one have a better chanse in pvp and pvm?

do u want a unbalancet game?
    w00p w00p!!

I'm in the same boat, Drsweetie1. But whatcha gonna do? I've learned to fear the nerf bat, so there's no way I'm going to call it down on others.

It is depressing though. Every time you talk to someone who's good at PvP, they eventually get around to "Of course, you have to have a good " and then they drop the LLTS/ELLTS into the chat window.

My best hope is that we'll get some good PvP weapons that aren't as crit reliant. We'll still be at a disadvantage, but maybe not a big one. Until then, it seems the best I can do in PvP is go to Camelot and <tab> <debuff>, <tab> <debuff>, <tab> <debuff>. Solo duels just seem to be a futile concept. Maybe someday we'll get to see a weapon that does decent damage but has a 0 crit number. I kinda doubt it though, because too many people would move to it.

Just out of curiosity, do you guys on RK1 have a similar issue with the old Freedom Arms? Are those still considered good weapons?
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

"please nerf others cause they have a better equipment than i do"

/puke

nerf.. nerf... nerf....

everyone always wants something nerfed

have nots vs. haves... thats all it comes down to
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

It's not like she can go out and get her own. It's an unfair advantage. They should have done the right thing and either taken them out completely or left them in.. it's this middle ground that erks everyone.

Originally posted by Tolbat

LOL!!! i play this game form day one and i dont have a QL 100+ llts...

why should we who playd this game form day one have a better chanse in pvp and pvm?

do u want a unbalancet game?
    actully i dont want a unbalanced game.. but i think that thouse that have worked hard and enjoyed (half lol) the game should be a bit better. =p

Sorry that you dont got a scope btw =(
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Originally posted by Hypos
    I'm in the same boat, Drsweetie1. But whatcha gonna do? I've learned to fear the nerf bat, so there's no way I'm going to call it down on others.

It is depressing though. Every time you talk to someone who's good at PvP, they eventually get around to "Of course, you have to have a good " and then they drop the LLTS/ELLTS into the chat window.

My best hope is that we'll get some good PvP weapons that aren't as crit reliant. We'll still be at a disadvantage, but maybe not a big one. Until then, it seems the best I can do in PvP is go to Camelot and <tab> <debuff>, <tab> <debuff>, <tab> <debuff>. Solo duels just seem to be a futile concept. Maybe someday we'll get to see a weapon that does decent damage but has a 0 crit number. I kinda doubt it though, because too many people would move to it.

Just out of curiosity, do you guys on RK1 have a similar issue with the old Freedom Arms? Are those still considered good weapons?
    i got a ql200 =p and i still sux ;p Try getting bracer's instead.. that's what helps.. ELLTS just help Crit guns.. like river, ithaca, krutt, etc etc...
    ---

Vision Enhancers are *better* than an LLTS on a percentage basis. The init debuff is the same, and the AS bonus from the VE is twice the LLTS bonus, and the range bonus is almost twice as great. Of course, you can't get a VE above 8% crit.

i dont want a LLTS nerf i dont giw a sheet if they are ingame i only thout that saveyourbutts post sounded fun

if u dont have a LLTS use a X-3 they worke fine whit T.I.M scopes
    w00p w00p!!

Wouldn't really want to see them nerf the old ones but like the chance get new one above ql 250 + even met I had blitz ql 400 mission. I am doctor and logical IP choice is pistol or shotgun. Pistol in this game are a joke and shotgun's are decent if you have one those prenerfed scopes. I use X-3 currently which works fine but doesn't really seem like a doctor weapon. By taking scopes out like this you just forcing more and more people use same old boring weapons.

Oh yeah, and back in LLTS + UVC days people didn't use same old boring weapons. *laugh* 95% of people are going to use whatever weapon is perceived to be the best, period. *shrug*

Ah well I used to have two 9% and a 14%.

One which Caol gave me, my first one (good one) infact, I thank him

To play again without kinda sucks, but I think I have a 9% on someone who held it for me =D

But I stopped playing, because there is noway im going to replicate Cloudeh, noway in hell can i get ALL those items AGAIN :P

But its the... I have one now DONT LET ANYONE ELSE HAVE IT Attitude which ****ing stinks.

I dont see how you can get that selfish idea of having something and to not let anyone else have it.

Just like a certain someone who owns a EoT
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    Ah well I used to have two 9% and a 14%.

One which Caol gave me, my first one (good one) infact, I thank him

To play again without kinda sucks, but I think I have a 9% on someone who held it for me =D

But I stopped playing, because there is noway im going to replicate Cloudeh, noway in hell can i get ALL those items AGAIN :P

But its the... I have one now DONT LET ANYONE ELSE HAVE IT Attitude which ****ing stinks.

I dont see how you can get that selfish idea of having something and to not let anyone else have it.

Just like a certain someone who owns a EoT
    yea.. then again all thouse that dont have it say that if they dont have it nobody else should either... lol oh bloody nite =D
    ---

I really don't understand the reason for removing ELLTS from game so you can't find them, but still keep the old ones in...

They were removed cuz they were too good, but the ones ingame are still too good, should be more penelity on them atleast, if they don't remove them..

(I have 14-15% scopes on my characters, so it's not a jealousy thing)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Thumbs down

Here is a quote from CZ in community corner forum community answer 6 :

PvP strength
    Not all professions are intended to be equally strong in PvP. Some are good at PvP (which technically is more or less a solo game right now), others are better in teams or with e.g. sneaking or trade skills. (No, that does not mean Agents and Traders are supposed to be worst at PvP and teaming. It's an example.)

So don't cry to nerf llts/elts cause for funcom pvp don't need to be fixed cause it is like the intended it to be

But.... why so much nerf in pvm to fix pvp ????
    Stop nerfing and go one way funcom you want ot nerf to fix pvp but you say you didn't need to fix it cause Not all professions are intended to be equally strong in PvP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast