Thread: Rotating server Reset times?

Rotating server Reset times?

I doubt this will ever happen but I may as well start a thread & see what goes down.

I live in New Zealand (GMT) I have seen a few ppl cry about the servers going down during there playing times (peek) But what about us, the ones who play in offpeek? We are constantly hit with server resets of 3 hour downtimes at least once if not twice a week, this comes slap bang in the middle of our peek playing times.. every week!
    I am not complaining about the resets themselves, I do know it is a needed part of the system to keep the servers running smooth but here is my ask......... can we have a rotating system where one reset is GMT & the other is at a different time?

Bahahahahahahah yeah I know we have a *bleep’n* bleep* show of having this done, but hey guys & gals... just spare a thought for us who constantly have our gaming time interrupted so you can play uninterrupted.

But…
    As a wise man with pointy ears once said… “The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few”
    Da Skellsta

Da Skellsta MkII

Don't hate me caus I am different

"Fear is the path to the dark side... fear leads to anger... anger leads to hate... hate leads to Anarchy Online players."

FunCom is located in Norway, right?

When the servers are taken down for maintenance/reboot/patch/whatnot, it would be natural to think FC employees do it in their working hours (daytime Norwegian times).

Guess I'm lucky beeing a norwegian, patches/downtime usually happens when I'm at work

Just a thought... but can't they take them down 1 at a time? Why do all servers have to go offline at the same time. Several people have RK1 and RK2 chars... it would help let these addicts have their fixes
    Rookie Czarina - Opifex Pistol Crat ~220 with 19 Alien Titles~
    Czestiny - Solitus Rifle Crat ~26 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czealous - Atrox 2-handed Blunt Crat ~21 with 2 Alien Titles~
    Czombie - Nanomage Assualt Rifle Crat ~15 with 2 Alien Titles~

Proud Opifex Crat of Tranquility
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo
    I heard the beast is rerolling as an adv

Originally posted by Demono
    Just a thought... but can't they take them down 1 at a time? Why do all servers have to go offline at the same time. Several people have RK1 and RK2 chars... it would help let these addicts have their fixes
    probably because it wold take them twice as long, and the people who are doing need to get on with something else afterward

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance