Thread: Hunted from the past

Hunted from the past

((Ok this is a follow up and explanation of "A Day On Rubi-Ka Part 3". To players reading this, please no metagamming. There is no way anyone would know any of the information. So please don't come up to me talking in IC like you know what's going on. Also keep in mind you dont' know if you could be messing up another story or event I might be working on. So be cool and enjoy. ))

It was a long day, he was tired and he found himself in Borealis. “I haven't been here in a long time” he thought to himself and he looked for the key to his apartment. He opened the door, even though he hadn't been to this place in awhile he started to call out to his wife as he stepped in the door. “Hey hon I'm...”, but his wife wasn't there, instead he was greeted by three startled men searching through his apartment. “What the hell?” his voice rang through the room, before he could say anything else he heard a break in the air as a man behind him, one he didn't see, was swinging a club at him. He moved to dodge the blow, but was too late, the club struck him in the back of the shoulder knocking his com piece out of his ear, and him to the ground. “Damn that hurts, at least it's better then to the back of the head” he thought to him self as he face planted the floor. Despite the pain, he quickly rolled on his back as his guns came out from their hiding place and started to fired at the men. The men quickly ran out. Foos was able to make out the face of one of the men, he knew he saw him before but he just couldn't place it.

He started go over his old apartment, checking to see if anything was missing, trying find clues as to why they were there. Other then the bullets holes he made the place was fine. “Maybe it was just a random break in, maybe I got here just in time” he told himself. But he couldn't shake the feeling there was something more to it. He knew that man from somewhere, but where. He paced around his apartment racking his brain trying to place the face. Then a call came through on his com.
    “Hey buddy, you may not remember us. But we remember you, and what you did to us and our boss. And you're time is up” the voice said to him. He stood there for a moment motionless, then it hit him. The face, the voice, he saw in his mind's eye the image of a scared man sitting on his knees. Foos remembered him.
    “Sorry I didn't recognize you earlier, maybe if you were scared crapless and about to piss yourself it would have rang a bell” Foos said to the man.
    “Screw you buddy” the voice replyed, “we got your number, you're a dead man”
    “Yeah, and you're a woman” Foos said as he shut off his com.
    “Damn it” he thinks to himself, “How the hell did they find me, I was never sloppy on those jobs. I always kept my face hiden and never left any trace” his mind starts to race, “but maybe I was, it was that last job maybe I did something.” He shakes his head and starts to think of a plan, “Well they are after me”, he sits on the ground and drops his head, “I'm beginning hunted, my past as come back to haunt me” he sighs, “I can't go home until this is done. I can't let anything happen to her or the kids, I'ed never be able to live with myself if something happened.”

Foos left his apartment and headed to his home in Jobe. He knew it was a risk but he had to let Cylie know he wouldn't be coming home until this was taken care of. He left her a simple note, “No need to get into a long explanation I'll still be able to talk with her.” He pauses for a moment and frowns “ I just won't be able to come home to her, for a bit” He grabs a pen and paper and writes her a small note.

--Cylie
    Something has come up. Someone is after me, I can't really explain right now. What I can say is, it's not safe for you or the kids if I'm around. Who ever this is, they aren't after you, and I would like to keep it that way. I will be home as soon as I take care of this. For right now lets try and keep this between us. If it's connected to what I think it is, the less people that know the better.

Love
    Foos --

Days past since he went home. Cylie moved herself and the twins to the Trade apartment. He felt bad not being there, he wanted to see her and them, he wanted to be with his family, but he knew he would feel worse if they caught him at home. They weren't after them they were after him, so he need to be after them.
    Five days past for running around in some bizarre game of hunter verses hunter. He was tired and at the end of his rope. He was able to chase down one of them and slip a tracking device on him. The days of lack of sleep, and not seeing his family were seeing his family were getting to him. He was starting to crack. He ended up in the the Lumen Orien city, his position allowed him some liberties. He was able to use one of the computers to hack into an orbiting satellite and follow his tracking device. He sat there punching in the numbers and tuned in his com to the node.
    [Nrpb] Nulion: Hey, Foos and Ninny....
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: Hey Nulion
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: Ninny
    His eyes were getting soar from staring at the screen. “I need a drink he thought to himself”
    [Nrpb] Cylie joined the group.
    He saw Cylie single come up on his com HUD, and he sighed, he missed her, he wanted to go home. “I'll be home tonight hon, I promise” he thought to himself.
    [Nrpb] Nulion: Hey, Cylie
    [Nrpb] Cylie: Hi
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: Hey hon
    [Nrpb] Cylie: Hi sweetie
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: *sounds of liquid pooring into a glass*
    He takes his drink and heads back to the computer room.
    [Nrpb] Ninnyhammer: Hi Cyl, Hi Foos!
    [Nrpb] Nulion: How're you guys...?
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: *swallows* Fine...
    [Nrpb] Cylie: tired
    [Nrpb] Ninnyhammer: Adorable!
    [Nrpb] Ninnyhammer: ~grins~
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: *sighs*
    [Nrpb] Nulion: Well....someone's awfully perky...
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: how about you Nulion
    [Nrpb] Nulion: Me? ...I'm doing okay....Okay-ish. *chuckles*
    The computer got in, he picked up the tracking signal. Only a few more minutes and this would be done.
    [Nrpb] Ninnyhammer: oi, that's MY word, Kenny!
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: *sounds distracted* that's great
    [Nrpb] Ninnyhammer: You word-thief.
    “Come on, come on” he thought to himself as the computer did it's search.
    [Nrpb] Nulion: Word-thief? *chuckles*
    The computer's soft female voice spoke “target located, processing image and coordinates now”
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: *out loud to self* there you are... gottcha
    He grabs the computer print out and starts off on his way. “Good they are in Jobe, in the plaza I can kill them quick and be home in no time” he starts to smile at the thought of going home.
    [Nrpb] Nulion: What're you up to, Foos...?
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: huh? what?
    [Nrpb] Nulion: I said, what're you up to? *chuckles*
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: oh about to meet up with some... old friends *sound of guns being loaded*
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: and then I'm coming home
    [Nrpb] Cylie: thank god....both of the twin by myself is so hard....
    He makes his way to Borealis to the Jobe whom-pah.
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: I'm sorry... hon
    [Nrpb] Cylie: Its okay
    [Nrpb] Nulion: *yawn* ...I need some air. Ugh.
    [Nrpb] Cylie: I need sleep...
    [Nrpb] Nulion: Why don't you get some?
    [Nrpb] Cylie: Im waiting for my father to pick up the twins
    He sneaks his way to the Plaza where they are hiding.
    [Nrpb] Ninnyhammer: I need.... ooh, there it is.
    “Good they haven't seen me yet” he thinks as he opens his eyes wide, and draws his guns. He gets ready to fire and is seen.
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: *voices in background* holy **** where did he come from
    [Nrpb] Nulion: ...Hmm?
    He starts to pull his triggers.
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: *gunfire*
    Between the anger of not being able to go home and the lack of sleep makes him slip up, and he takes a bullet in the arm.
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: *yells in pain* damn it
    He realizes he is still broadcasting, and turns his com off.
    [Nrpb] Foosball33: *com shuts down*
    [Nrpb] Nulion: You alright?? ....Damn
    [Nrpb] Cylie: *jumps* Foos?
    He chases the two still alive past Nulion, and catches them a top of a building. He shoots them and they fall to the ground. Exuasted and wounded he follows them down.
    [Nrpb] Cylie: *huffs*
    [Nrpb] Nulion: I thought I just saw him
    [Nrpb] Ninnyhammer: That didn't sound good..
    [Nrpb] Nulion: *soft growl* ....I could've sworn that was him. Where'd he go?
    The bodies fall behind Nulion, making him spin around. He sees Foos lying there wounded next to the two dead men.
    [Nrpb] Cylie: Im not sure where he is...I haven't really seen him...I forget where he said he was going

[Vicinity] Nulion: W-what in the??
    [Vicinity] Nulion: steps over them, looking awful surprised
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: Hey Nulion
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...What in the...What just happened..?

[Nrpb] Nulion: ...I found him. He's...he's alright.
    [Nrpb] Trousers: Good evening, folks.
    [Nrpb] Cylie: *yawns and sits on the couch leaning on her arm*
    [Nrpb] Cylie: I hope hes alright
    [Nrpb] Cylie: I hope *eyes get heavy and her head starts to fall* he ge...ts here s..s.s *drops her head and falls asleep*

[Vicinity] Foosball33: coughs up some blood
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I need a second
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: takes a strange looking com on of his pocket
    [Vicinity] Nulion: You...you need some help...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: a voice answers... Ah Mr. Cross....
    [Vicinity] Nulion: glances down at the comm, staying quiet...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I need a clean up.... Jobe plaza... now... seems someone remembered me
    [Vicinity] Nulion: glances around him, nervously...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: voice on com.... ah well we can't have that no can we, I'll send someone right away... considered one of your perks used
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: *to voice* yeah yeah... fine
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: Nulion... you need to get out of here... in a few....
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ....What about you..??
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: tries to catch breath and spits out more blood
    [Vicinity] Nulion: You need help....You're coming with me.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: sighs
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...There a problem with that? You're really hurt...*kneels down, looking at the wound..*
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: fine, lets just get out of here
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: the people coming... you don't want to be around
    [Vicinity] Nulion: pulls you up, walking you over towards the nearby apartment complex...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: struggles to get up

Nulion helps Foos to his apartment which is near by.

[Vicinity] Nulion: 's apartment is awfully unkempt, doesn't smell good, and looks like an animal's been living in it...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: coughs
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Should be safe in here...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: nice place
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...Lemme look at that wound, Foos.
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Thanks...was paid for by the Pilgrim Program.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: yeah they won't be checking apartments, they'll just be cleaning up the bodies
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: nice
    [Vicinity] Nulion: taps at his NCU, booting up a doctor nanoprogram
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: tries to walk forward, and falls to the ground
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...Watch yourself
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I hate being shot
    [Vicinity] Nulion: tries to apply some nano-sutures to the wound, pulling off a glove and rubbing it with the charged nano-program at his clawed fingertips...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: coughs
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: thank you Nulion
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I think if I had some sleep this week I wouldn't have been so sloppy
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...Not a problem...*presses his fingers up to your wounds, being extremely careful with his claws...*
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: winces a bit at being healed
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Stay still...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: tries to laugh and coughs
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: that is the plan
    [Vicinity] Nulion: chuckles softly, still rubbing his nano-charged finger around the bulletwounds...
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Good, good...
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Reminds me of the time you helped me out....remember the Unicorn bullet fragments..?
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: yeah....
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: breaths a little easier
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I remember that
    [Vicinity] Nulion: That was....a long while back.
    [Vicinity] Nulion: finishes up on the last few bullet wounds
    [Vicinity] Nulion: There...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: tha'ts not bad work
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: sits up
    [Vicinity] Nulion: I've...been practicing...*smiles*
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: it's a good skill to have
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: looks down at his other com and sighs
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: funny I swore I would never use this again
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...Who was *that*...? *glances at the other comm*
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: sighs
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: it was my old employer... I guess you could say
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...Old employer, eh?
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Sounds like....quite a guy.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: yeah he is... I've never met him
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: well at least I don't think
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: and I perfer it that way
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Isn't that a little shady..?
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: yeah it is
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: it was shady work
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: but I guess not shady enough... as you saw
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Who were those men..? I...mean, the dead ones. And the other ones shooting at you..?
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: lackies from someone I once.....
    [Vicinity] Nulion: pulls back his hood with a partially-scaled hand, shaking his hair loose a little
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: guards I've killed before to get to their boss
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...Let's maybe go to the couch, and...and talk about it. If you want to. Probably not safe for you to leave yet, too...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: well it's safe... but I might have to go back to work if they see me
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I'm not sure how they found me
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...Would explain why they've got a grudge, though.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: nice view
    [Vicinity] Nulion: It helps keep me sane. *soft chuckle*
    [Vicinity] Nulion: cleans off some junk from the couch, making room for you
    [Vicinity] Nulion: plops down, tiredly, into the other couch
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I see you live the life of a bachelor well
    [Vicinity] Nulion: chuckles
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...Fits my lifestyle like a glove.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I see
    [Vicinity] Nulion: scoots a little more towards the overhead lamp, which is hot enough that you can feel it...in fact, the whole apartment is hotter than most apartments usually should be
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: looses his armor a bit
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: you do like to keep it warm don't you
    [Vicinity] Nulion: I...kinda have to. *soft blush* It's just one of my realities, heh.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I see... well as long as your comftorble
    [Vicinity] Nulion: If you want me to turn the heat down, I'd be glad to.
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Just let me know. *soft chuckle* ...Anyway, anyway...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: no no... I spent the night in Inferno the other night... this is nothing
    [Vicinity] Nulion: chuckles, nodding in agreement
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Anyway....you were saying...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I was saying
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: well I know you want to know... and you did save me
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: alright I'll tell you
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: tells Nulion his story
    [Vicinity] Nulion listens carefully...

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Alright I'm going to tell you what this is all about, but before I do you have to understand something. It's not that I like shooting people. It's not that I enjoy killing. I'm just good at it.

I wasn't here long, a few weeks maybe. I was still learning my way around, still new to life on this planet. I had just got done from some crappy salvage job and I was sitting in this bar. Don't ask me where, I can't remember. What I do remember is, I was sitting there minding my business just having a drink, and this fight breaks out. Next thing I know bullets start wizzing past my head, and I just reacted. I spun around in my chair and started firing my guns. A few moments and two clips later the fighting had stopped, and seven bodies lay dead. Unfortunately for me two of those bodies were Omni-Pol. I didn't realize they were cops until the fighting had stopped. When I noticed what I'd done I dropped my guns, but before I could surrender I got a rifle butt to the back of the head.

I was worked over pretty good, but other then being soar I was fine. When I woke I found myself being dragged through this building. I'm guess it was some Omni-Pol station, but they took me to this little room, with a small table and chair, and I was told to have a seat. The room was totally white, windowless, and when they closed the door, you couldn't even see the cracks to where the door could be. If it wasn't for the table and chair, it would have been like sitting in a void.

So I sat there kneading my wounds. I don't know how much time had passed, but a door seem to appeared out of the seamless white wall, and a man in a suit walked it and placed a briefcase on top of the table, then turned around and walked back out side. And the wall closed up once again. After a few minutes of staring at this briefcase, it opened. I peeked inside and there was just a small communication device, and a few sheets of paper. As I looked inside, the device turned on.
    “Greetings Mr. Cross” it spoke. I sat there stunned. I was pretty sure this was not a normal arrest procedure. The voice continued, “Well Mr. Cross I must say I am quite impressed with your performance today. And I can use a man with your talents. So hear is the deal, you come and work for me, and I'll make sure what happened today isn't remembered. It's a simple deal really, you do a few jobs and your record is cleared. Or you can deal with Omni-Pol and face whatever consequences. If you wish to learn more about this deal, please place your thumb on top of the back box in the briefcase.”

So I pressed the button with my thumb as I was told. A female voice sounded off “Identity confirmed: Beta 'Foosball33' Cross”. Right after the man started to speak again, “Just a formality I assure you, we know full well who you are Mr. Cross”, the voice was strange, it was friendly and condescending at the same time.
    “So I was saying”, the voice continued, “I have a need for a man of your talents. You see there are some bad people that we need taken care of. How shall I say, people we need to be silenced.”
    I sat there for a moment thinking, then I spoke, “Look I didn't come here to get involved in some war..” before I could finish the voice had cut me off.
    “Mr. Cross, you don't understand these are not common clan terrorist. On the contrary, these people are employees that, how shall I say, have lost their way and despite our best efforts they have not been able to fix back into the mold.” I was about to speak, but before I could even make a sound the voice cut me off again, “ Listen Mr. Cross this isn't a matter of someone speaking out against the cooperation, or not thinking the way some might like. These individuals are very dangerous, who's actions could cause countless lives. These are people whom are using their knowledge and skills in an a temp to overthrow the cooperation. And despite our best efforts to put them on the right track.” The voice paused for a moment, “lets just say they were able to revert back to their old ways. Now I'm sure you can understand we can not have people like this running around. So I need someone like yourself to help us silence them.”
    The voice stopped, this time he let me finish my thought, “Look I don't really understand why you need me. I'm mean I'm sure you have plenty of trained people to take care of this.”
    The voice spoke once again, “Ah Mr. Cross you don't understand, there is no glory in this. It's not like taking down some clan terrorist. These people are a blemish on the cooperation. If something like this were to come out in the public, our stocks could go down.” The voice laughs, and then continues, “But worse people could lose faith in us, and well we just can't have that Mr. Cross.”
    “But why me?” I asked still a bit puzzled.
    “Why you?” The voice replayed, “Because you're so good at killing. And you're a newcomer here, you have no ties, and should you try to double cross us, you won't be missed. Let's face it Mr. Cross you're a ghost here. A perfect assign”

So I sat there and thought for a bit. It was a simple enough deal, if I did three jobs for them what had happened that day would never have happened, and I would be compensated as well. So I took the offer, I did my three jobs and then a little more. For awhile it was okay, I got to choose what jobs I took , and I felt I was doing the right thing. Then one day I just couldn't do it anymore. So I got out, I said I was done and that was it.
    ------------------------------------------

[Vicinity] Foosball33: so that's my story
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...Sounds like you really fell in with the wrong crowd. This guy sounds like bad news....and who did he send you after, anyway?
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: people that needed to be taken care of... liabilities to the corporation.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: trust me on this, these were not good people
    [Vicinity] Nulion: You shouldn't have gotten involved...But....then, you *were* in kind of a bind.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: yeah... well
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: shrugs
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: look like I've told you before... I've been killing people since I was fourthteen
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: it's really not much for me to take someones life
    [Vicinity] Nulion: So....it's just second nature for you.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I guess
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: like I said it's not something I enjoy
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: just something I'm good at
    [Vicinity] Nulion: I pity the people who *do* enjoy it...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: well some of the people I was after did
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: hell one guy liked to experiment on children
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: and they were all employees
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...Seriously? *looks completely disgusted*
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: yeah
    [Vicinity] Nulion: *growls under his breath* So wrong...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: Omni tried to control them... but for whatever reason couldn't
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: these weren't you average criminals
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Did you ever get any of them...?
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I got them all.... it was my job
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: and when I did, there was no reclaim for them
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Good riddance, I say...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: the guys you saw were just some pissed of guards
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: nobody to worry about
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: but understand, everyone I was hired to take care of
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: they had all been arrested
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: they would either break out of jail repeatedly
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: or.... would revert back to they're old ways
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: do you understand what I'm saying here
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...What about Reform? As much as I hate thinking about them. *growls softly, just at the thought of them*
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: that's the thing... some went to reform
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Reform's supposed to always work, though...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: and what if it didn't?
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: and what if everyone knew that
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: what if people found out there was a way around it
    [Vicinity] Nulion: They'd lose an awful lot of power, to say the least....Might even be a surge in crime.
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Or...worse, heh.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: right
    [Vicinity] Nulion: scratches at a rough patch of scales on his neck, picking at them a little with a single claw
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: so people like me come in
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: when all other options have been tried
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: the remove the problem
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: quietly
    [Vicinity] Nulion: A lot of people would be up in arms over something like this...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: you're right... so I'm trusting you to never speak of this to anyone
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: my life could... well you get the picture
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: but it's not like it would really matter
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I can't prove any of this
    [Vicinity] Nulion: I'm...not out to get anybody in trouble. And you did help me out in the past, so...I won't make things worse for you.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: thank you... beside think of it Nulion
    [Vicinity] Nulion: We've all got our problems...I've got mine, you've got yours. *keeps scratching at his neck, snorting a bit*
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: who would believe us anyway
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...When you work for the Council of Truth for as long as I have Foos, you have a lot of clout. *soft chuckle*
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: yeah but.. on offense, you're record isn't the best now is it
    [Vicinity] Nulion: .....heh....Good point.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: they might just think you lost your mind... and I'm sure someone would come along to help prove that
    [Vicinity] Nulion: There always is someone like that, heh....Got them all over me even now. *soft sigh* ...that's another story though.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I'm sure
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: but to be honest I have no need or plans to expose them
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Well....this is one can of worms I honestly don't have the strength to open.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I did my job, and they held up their end of the deal
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: as you saw earlier
    [Vicinity] Nulion: It still doesn't seem to have gotten you out of hot water though.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: Nulion I have like no record with Omni at all, other then I'm a good nuetral and Im' married to Cylie
    [Vicinity] Nulion: I believe you, Foos....I don't really think you'd lie.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: don't you find that kind of odd, considering how much I've been out with Ninny drinking
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: laughs
    [Vicinity] Nulion: smiles, breaking into a soft laugh
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: it's really the reason why I worked for them as long as did
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: it wasn't the money
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: it was the freedom
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...Freedom, eh? Guess that's why you're neutral.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: well I guess... I'm neutral for other reasons really, but I've always been neutral I guess
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: well when I was off world I was called independent
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: but that's another story
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Works for me...*soft chuckle* As long as you're not pointing those at me. *motions to your pistols*
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: more of less it's nice to have a few get out of jail free cards laying around
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: oh sorry
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: moves his hands and they retract into his sleeves
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I'm tired and I've been shot... sometimes I guess I forget my manners
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Don't worry about that...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: but like I said, one day I just couldn't do it anymore
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: so I finished my last job... and then I got out
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: it was an open ended contract I guess
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Aren't these guys upset over that...? It doesn't sound like they'd exactly just let you go.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: well after awhile... I don't become as useful
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: and there is plenty of fresh blood out there
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: if I suddenly go disappear tomorrow, I'll be missed
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: someone will ask questions
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: but like I said, I held up my end of the bargain... they held up theirs
    [Vicinity] Nulion: They still have an eye on you, I imagine?
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: yeah... and I get calls every now and then
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: just in case I'm looking for work
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: but the calls have become less frequent
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...I wonder why.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I once talked to someone else, who I guess you could say was a colleague
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: and he had been doing it a lot longer then me
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: he made a point that after awhile we become a liability to them
    [Vicinity] Nulion: You're not to that point, are you?
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: the power to do whatever we want goes to our head
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: no not at all
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: his advice to me was to quit while I was ahead
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I only have a few favors left, then I'm on my own
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ....Smart choice.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: and I just used up one tonight
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: it kind of worked out that way
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I just couldn't kill those people anymore... no matter what they did
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...made you feel like them, didn't it?
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: no not at all
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I just felt it
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: starches head
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: unfair
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...Unfair?
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: look when I was on the ship, and we would get boarded
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: it was kill of be killed
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: the men I killed new they could die, as did I
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: these men never saw it coming, they expected to wake up in jail or reform
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ....oh...I think I see now...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: they would be unarmed, and they never once begged for their lives, told me they would change.. even offered me a better deal
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: they would just come at me with out a care in the world
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: it almost made me wonder if reclaim was partly responible in the first place
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: it's easy to be a bad guy, when you don't have to worry about your number coming up
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Sounds to me like they were responsible...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: or a hero for that fact
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: maybe yes... maybe no
    [Vicinity] Nulion: shakes his head...
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...I can see why it would bother you so much.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: something in the look of their eyes
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: when they knew they were really going to die
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I don't like to kill
    [Vicinity] Nulion: And living in a place like this, you never really expect to die, do you...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I guess not
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I do... I always do
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I mean I have insurance I'm not stupid
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: but I try not to think about it
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Yeah....Healthier for the mind, to not think about that.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I don't like to be sloppy
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I've seen too many people fall because they just didn't care because they new reclaim would pick them up
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: hell as much as I hate it, I've killed myself a few times just to sober up
    [Vicinity] Nulion: I can't claim to have done *that*.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: well you don't have an angry wife looking for you
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: speaking of which... I really should get home to her
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: it will be nice to sleep in a bed again
    [Vicinity] Nulion: See why I'm single? *smile*
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Among other, more...biological reasons, but I definitely don't want some woman breathing down my neck all the time, too. *laughs softly*
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: well really I can't complain.. she really is the best thing to ever happen to me
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: and she only gets mad when I get really drunk and I'm not supose to
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ...That happens a lot though, does it?
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: but I really should be going
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: no not really
    [Vicinity] Nulion: It....it is getting pretty late...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: and it's been awhile since I've been home
    [Vicinity] Nulion: I'm glad you could...uh....top by. *soft chuckle* Hope everything goes well for you out there...
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: thank you Nulion
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I'm sure it will be fine
    [Vicinity] Nulion: Hopefully.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: looks around
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: again nice place
    [Vicinity] Nulion: ....sorry about the mess, and the heat, and the...the....well, everything.
    [Vicinity] Nulion: It used to be.
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: not a problem at all
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: good night Nulion
    [Vicinity] Foosball33: I'll see you around

Foos leaves Nulion's apartment in Jobe and heads to his home in Trade. He has been healed but he still so tired he could easily pass out right there on the cold ground. But his drive to go home to his family keeps him going. He makes his way home and opens the door, he's about to yell out he's home when he sees Cylie past out on the sofa. He looks at her sleeping soundly and smiles. He walks over to her and picks her up carries her to the bedroom. He lays her down on the bed, and gets changed for bed. He lays down next to her and tucks them in. He brushes her hair out of her face and gently kisses her on the forehead. “Goodnight hon” he says. She smiles and speaks “hmm, good night fluffy kitty” and falls back to sleep. He looks at her and smiles and falls asleep.