Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sept 11 moment of scilence possible?

Sept 11 moment of scilence possible?

I know you can change the suppression gas levels in game zones on the fly.

Mabey you could change all the gas in every zone to 100% for about 10 minuets on sept 11 as a moment of scilence? In respect for the people who died due to the terror attacks, and the people who have died since fighting terrorism?

Just a suggestion.( Yes I would put off quitting for 6 more days if this would happen:P )

lol
    SS - Grandmaster of Fall Damage

Property of the Devil

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for anyone drops to zero

well, your quitting anyway so what do you think their answers gonna be?

Ironically, I was playing AO when the september 11th tragedy occured.

I love the idea. For those of you who couldn't be bothered to make even this smallest of sacrifices, let me enlighten you. It's all about honor for the innocent dead, and patriotism for the living. Show some respect. Hell, show some pride.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

I remember last year on 9/11 I had a chat channel open with SS and someone who quit a while ago. Freaky stuff, especially being a whole year...
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Originally posted by Nealandbob
    I love the idea. For those of you who couldn't be bothered to make even this smallest of sacrifices, let me enlighten you. It's all about honor for the innocent dead, and patriotism for the living. Show some respect. Hell, show some pride.
    I'm sorry but i don't believe in that. If we were to honor every innocent dead then we would never say a word again.
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Arrow ...

Originally posted by Nealandbob

Show some pride? We all are not Americans here you know... While I empathize with you, the rest of the world does not stop nor should stop because something, however tragic happens in America...

Peace be with all those affected by this event, but tragedys happen in this world every day...I dont think because more or less people died in an event does it make it any more tragic then another... When is the last time you took a time of silence for the 6-9 million Jews who died in Nazi camps or the hundreds of thousands of Somalis who were killed by warlords or the hundreds of thousands of Kurds who were gassed by Hussien or the millions who were killed by Stalin or the thousands who have died at the hands of the IRA or Hezbola or PLO etc...

I am in no means saying this 9/11 event should be diminished and forgotten but, come on lets put it in perspective... The USA are now experiancing what most of the rest of the world has been dealing with for hundreds of years...

Nothing can justify what was done on 9/11 but I think people, (Americans mostly) need to step outside their country and see what is happening in the rest of the world contrary to what many think the world does not begin and end with USA...

"Today in the world, the United States is the most dangerous and the most powerful global force unleashing horrific levels of violence, from Chile to El Salvador to Nicaragua to Iraq, the path of U.S. foreign policy is soaked in blood." University of British Columbia professor Sunera Thobani, Nov 2001.

/me thinks she will need her flame retardent padded overcoat now...

PS.. I have no idea what this has to do with the PvP forum...

Show some pride? We all are not Americans here you know... While I empathize with you, the rest of the world does not stop nor should stop because something, however tragic happens in America...

Peace be with all those affected by this event, but tragedys happen in this world every day...I dont think because more or less people died in an event does it make it any more tragic then another... When is the last time you took a time of silence for the 6-9 million Jews who died in Nazi camps or the hundreds of thousands of Somalis who were killed by warlords or the hundreds of thousands of Kurds who were gassed by Hussien or the millions who were killed by Stalin or the thousands who have died at the hands of the IRA or Hezbola or PLO etc...

I am in no means saying this 9/11 event should be diminished and forgotten but, come on lets put it in perspective... The USA are now experiancing what most of the rest of the world has been dealing with for hundreds of years...

Nothing can justify what was done on 9/11 but I think people, (Americans mostly) need to step outside their country and see what is happening in the rest of the world contrary to what many think the world does not begin and end with USA...

"Today in the world, the United States is the most dangerous and the most powerful global force unleashing horrific levels of violence, from Chile to El Salvador to Nicaragua to Iraq, the path of U.S. foreign policy is soaked in blood." University of British Columbia professor Sunera Thobani, Nov 2001.

/me thinks she will need her flame retardent padded overcoat now...

PS.. I have no idea what this has to do with the PvP forum...
    Agreed, completely.. and I'm american.

Well said crazyhorse; if we'd have to mourn for every tragic event we'd have to be silent every day. 11th is tragic, but so are other events.

I suggest moving this to an other forum

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

/me thinks someone just wants funcom to lower surpressions so someone can get into tara ...

Doh turning into another tara thread

Can this post go away please.
    ?

This is a toucy subject, it should not be talked about on a forum where EVERYONE has totally different views, myself being one.

Last time I had my say in a post like this, I was supposed to be killed by someone, and another thread in the ao forums I was punched in the throat

Now, I will be neutral here and say, Shut up, save everyone the hassle and lets not even THINK about this
    Last edited by Cloudeh; Sep 5th, 2002 at 06:21:52.
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

It's a game.

You want to show some real respect, go do some community service. Sit a vigil (a lot of communities will be having one). Observe your own moment of silence by not gaming.

There are lots of much, much better ways to show respect than to change the rules in a freaking game.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Wait whos forcing us to do what again? I am not following thy ways!
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Yeah, and why dont we hold a silent minute for all those victims in Vietnam, Niqaragua and Chile too??

Crazyhorse, I totally agree with you!
    Zizayu
    Master 10th Dan
    Mayhem

<-- is a RL Female in the US marine Corps.

And do you see me asking for this moment of silence, NO, i will do my silence in a church that morning, but when i get back in game, let me see you praying in a 25- 0% zone, you will be praying you live ...

i want this to be remembered for ever

Games are a escape from real life reality.

Originally posted by Sexidoc
    Games are a escape from real life reality.
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Well, I'm Norwgian, and I love the US. Heck, I loved the twin-towers. Huge experience stayin on top of the observation deck. Almost unreal.. Anyways, yeah I'm prolly biased towards the whole discussion, but you should remeber that 9/11 wasn't just "an incident". It was "-the- incident".

I don't think FunCom should do anything tho. If you want to do something to honour the innocent dead, you could always do it ingame in your own way. It is a RPG after all, isn't it?
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

oh and also.. move this thread
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

Originally posted by Wo "Caol" Ha
    but you should remeber that 9/11 wasn't just "an incident". It was "-the- incident".
    I don't get this. What makes this incident so special?
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

As an ex-member of the Army, I have to say, that men, woman, children, old, young, middle aged, rich, poor, poverty, billioneirs. ALL die to tragady. Some of the worst has happend and never known, some has been over publicized.

America feels so heartfelt because it was the first huge terrorist act by a foriegn threat. Think of it. how many times have we been hit.

If you want to do something, then set up a church vigal, not in this game. Send request to president bush to make it a holiday. But DON'T mix RP with IRL. THis is what many people use to escape reality.

Savedsoul

With honor i defend what i believe in. With pride i wear a uniform many scorn. With love i see to my nations defense. With tears i fight a foe to keep my family safe.

E-4 United states armed forces Medically Discharged.

Brett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast