Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 17.4 Update

17.4 Update

Just a quick update today heading into the weekend on the status of the next update. The internal testing is looking pretty good and we hope to have a version on test live next week.

I have also updated the preview with a couple of other small, but hopefully welcome, changes that will be going into the update:

• 'Upgrading' a buff will now only require the difference in NCU cost to be available, not the whole amount.
    • We have split out the rank required to destroy city buildings and drop the City shields. Now only the top two ranks in an organisation can destroy buildings while the top three can drop the shields to start a raid. NOTE: Org types with the three or less ranks (Monarchy, anarchy etc) remain as they are.

Also one other thing you will start to see filter out over the coming updates is some new itemisation on some of the old Rubi-Ka mobs. These items wont be powerful end-game type items but is something we are starting to do as a little side project that we can use to add some interesting new items to lower level and free players so that there is also some new items for them to seek out. These items won't be 'earth shattering' but they will be useful additions for some players and also lets us start to give people a reason to head out an explore Rubi-Ka a little more.

For 17.4 the Rhinoman population of Rubi-Ka have acquired some new armor items that some might like to collect.

If it proves that players like to see this kind of small additional itemisation we will try and look at a few areas or mob types in each update.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

brilliant
    Another one of the big problems solved it seems.

Splendid

And about time.

Woohoo!
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

me likey
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    add some interesting new items to lower level and free players so that there is also some new items for them to seek out. These items won't be 'earth shattering' but they will be useful additions for some players and also lets us start to give people a reason to head out an explore Rubi-Ka a little more.
    pls make it not to powerfull (like the uber ofab/dread weapons on tl7). low lvl pvp isn't so infected by alpha online atm. please retain it

Awesome!

Way to listen to your people, Sil.

Looking forward to the update!
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

Yay for a little fr00b luv.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Wow, yesterday i was thinking 'wouldnt it be nice if the occasional phat item were to drop off ordinary mobs, thus encouraging people to wander around and kill different things instead of levelling in the same tired old spots', and today i read this, awesome!

I hope you go on to add many more items to the 'oldschool' RK mobs.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Sounds great!
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Sounds great!
    Not for the Rhinomens
    Momp - 216 Soldier
    Mompy 150 Martial Artist
    Momps 60 Adventurer
    ++

Rhinomen? What rhinomen? *dons halo*
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

These are very welcomed improvements.
    Thank you.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Hmm this news I think just caused the largest sigh of relief in the history of Gameing.
    Seriously, Every Org Pres in the game will be singing the praises of the 17.4 patch.
    After ToTW
    A Guide To ToTW

There is a lot of grey beween usefull and useless.
    Mortiigs of SL UNITE! We WILL fling poo at you!

Yes very good changes, particularly the inhability for SCs to destroy cities.

I also welcome more content on RK. Time to revisit Newland Desert.

Good news, and keep up the good wor, ofc we will keep bugging you guys for that we dont like too, but the sole fact of this suggestions7implementation and open comunication channel itself is a HUGE improvement.

I love it, finally!

My god. Sil you've implemented 2 of the biggest things people have been clamering about forever. Cheers to you on your promotion again, Good to see FC listening to some of the Players complaints.

I know it sounds trite coming from a random player, but keep up the good work. We here on Rubi-Ka truely appriciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Halp halp a prof i used too kill with 12345 just pwned me halp

You hit Bbyron for 1337 points of poison damage.Critical hit!
    Ninjamancer: 215/17 Neutral Opi Agent. (the ubermain) Equip
    Lightwielder: 190/9 Neutral Soli Keeper. (the uberalt)
    Kitsunekid: 60/6 Omni Soli Soldier. (the wtfuberalt) Equip
    Faefighter:Testserver Omni Opi MA. (Crit, Crit, Evade, Splat! )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast