Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: ICC Pressrelease

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK: ICC Pressrelease

ICC Press Release
    May 15, 29481 - [Global]

Andromeda - The Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka have received this press release from ICC delegate Gerulf Riechstain. The clerk from Mr. Riechstain's office also informed us that they are planning to schedule meetings with both Omni-Tek Board of Directors and The Council of Truth in the near future.

Dear People of Rubi-Ka.
    Since the deployment of the Goliath Battlestations in orbit around Rubi-Ka the ICC have kept a close eye on the situation.

The ICC have since the deployment received reports stating that the powerful weapons that were placed here under the condition that they are used against the Kyr'Ozch invasion, now are being the centre of a new conflict that causes devastation and turning away the focus from the threat that only a united Rubi-Ka can stand against.

These fully automatic battlestations are every day defending the planet against the invasion forces, but these attempts to control them alone and not only use them against the invading threat but also against each other as an offensive and powerful weapons makes them far from as effective as they can be.

We urge the people of Rubi-Ka to unite against the invading threat and continue to focus on securing the planet and the flood of Notum that not only the people of Rubi-Ka depends on but billions of people on other planets. So we urge both Omni-Tek and The Council of Truth to respect our all heritage, our common blood and not to fall for the temptation to use the Goliath Battlestations to destroy us all.

Gerulf Riechstain
    ICC Spokesman Rubi-Ka

I agree with this completely. We shouldn't be fighting over what we have here to help prevent an invasion.
    Last edited by Pev; May 14th, 2007 at 23:22:43. Reason: Deleted information not-yet released to the public

This implies that they didn't know that they were going to be used against each other. Zora specifically said in a speech:

"We will defend both against the clans and the alien threat, right now, the placement of Goliath class battle stations is taking place in orbit of this planet, we will secure as many as possible, all four if need be and use them to take control of the skies and the land.

The weapons on these stations can take out land and air targets alongside revolutionary armour and defensive capabilities. It is up to you, colleagues of Omni-Tek to assist in the defense of these stations and ensuring that they do not fall into Clan hands."

He said it from the beginning...these weapons are going to be used against each other (paraphrasing). What the ICC says now is worthless. This is just more so they can exonerate themselves when one side or the other commits genocide.

*mutters something about ICC only being interested in the 2 obvious factions...*
    Nothing beats a Macfluffy!
    "Proud citizen of Omni-Tek and corporal of Omni-Pol"

Quote Originally Posted by Astera View Post
    This implies that they didn't know that they were going to be used against each other. Zora specifically said in a speech:

"We will defend both against the clans and the alien threat, right now, the placement of Goliath class battle stations is taking place in orbit of this planet, we will secure as many as possible, all four if need be and use them to take control of the skies and the land.

The weapons on these stations can take out land and air targets alongside revolutionary armour and defensive capabilities. It is up to you, colleagues of Omni-Tek to assist in the defense of these stations and ensuring that they do not fall into Clan hands."

He said it from the beginning...these weapons are going to be used against each other (paraphrasing). What the ICC says now is worthless. This is just more so they can exonerate themselves when one side or the other commits genocide.
    That's the first thing that came to my mind as well. Took the ICC how many months to respond?

Good job.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

bah, ICC's omni-tek's lapdog anyway, if OT tells them to jump they file forms to ask how high...
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for a word from the ICC.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

This is Man to you. Give him a nice toy, and the first thing he does is to attack his neighbor with it. I'm surprised the ICC hasn't been able to figure this out all by themselves. After all, as it has been mentioned above, the swine's speech was revealing enough as it was.
    Asha Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by macbecky View Post
    *mutters something about ICC only being interested in the 2 obvious factions...*
    The neutrals really aren't a faction, just a group that has chosen not to take sides.

All this makes me wonder whether Fisk will try to make good on his threats to Newland City and Borealis.

Of course, what both sides should be thinking about, is the main weapons on the station were built by SBC. Do we really want Sol's weapons pointing at us?
    Last edited by Keldros; May 15th, 2007 at 21:31:57.

I'd like to point out to Macbecky that Neutrals, are not infact, a faction in the war to control the planet. The reason for this is that, as a whole, Neutrals do not have a unified goal. This isn't a bad thing or a good thing, its just a fact and the nature of our diverse life styles. Neutrals are not fighting to control Rubi-Ka like the Clans and Omni-Tek are.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    So we urge both Omni-Tek and The Council of Truth to respect our all heritage, our common blood and not to fall for the temptation to use the Goliath Battlestations to destroy us all.
    I would hate to see battlestations destroy us all.

However, if they were used merely to destroy Omni-Tek, I'd be fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post
    I'd like to point out to Macbecky that Neutrals, are not infact, a faction in the war to control the planet. The reason for this is that, as a whole, Neutrals do not have a unified goal. This isn't a bad thing or a good thing, its just a fact and the nature of our diverse life styles. Neutrals are not fighting to control Rubi-Ka like the Clans and Omni-Tek are.
    For the record, the Clans do not have a unified goal either. That is a common misconception. Read up on the the description of Rubi-Ka's lagacy Clans >>> HERE << and you will see they are just as diverese as the Neutrals.

Basically we have one group of people on Rubi-Ka who want to live outside of OT control we call Clans and another group of people on Rubi-Ka who want to live outside of OT control we call Neutrals, and it's really just an accident of history or geography that determines which is which.

Savoy
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Dabz is right.

Neutrals have lost their way from what they were long ago. They are no longer "neutral" in any way.

Blah blah, Neutrals are this, Neutral are that. What is the neutral way ? What's this legendary neutral vision ? I have seen 5 years of mind breaking arguments over this. From everyone.
    My argument ? There is no way for the neutral. Each neutral is led by his goals, his instincts and his own need. They never had a way to lose to start with.

The factor is that the 2 main factions are fighting for global control of the planet. To achieve this they look for ressources, and neutral lands are ressources. One single neutral can't prevent that, so people in teh same situation get their ressources toghether to not fall under the control of another faction. Links and relations are created, but unity ends here.

So much clanners are the same, forcing their vision of the planet and fighting their designated enemy. Those who don't believe in their visions are to be destroyed. I can't blame you. That's your purpose and losing it will destroy you. Be proud, freedom fighters.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Blah blah, i'm neutral, <insert argument here>
    I happen to *mostly* agree with you Boltgun. I support Silverstone for now, but am not going to go out of my way to give a damn about neutrals in any way, until I feel they pose a serious threat.

Nothing said here is going to change much of anything. I also agree with Dabblez, which is why you don't see more collaboration between clans and neutrals. Right now, most of us consider you all, for the very reasons you said, one neutral does not constitute the rest, a problem to avoid. Some, for that reason, consider you a threat.

It's justified because it has happened before, alliances were broken, agreements were ignored. Clans, in general, don't let themselves get bit and then stick their hand right back in the cage.

I'm content to leave neutrals to their ways, providing that they don't get in our way. Get in the way, you're another target...to me anyway.

You'd be suprised just exactly how quick a familiar relations will help you handle threats, large and small. I am not gunna apologize because some of us have our **** together, and some others dont. On top of that, you may find yourself looking past your own selfish needs to establish strength for the whole. But I don't suppose too many others have figgered that out yet, and are still just gunna sit and complain all day
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

we arent a faction indeed. but do you think the aliums will care when they press on their invasion? what i mean is that them aliums affects us all, not just the 2 factions, but each and every living being on this rock...not just the clans and the omnies...yet the ICC completly shuts off 10% of the populations...
    Nothing beats a Macfluffy!
    "Proud citizen of Omni-Tek and corporal of Omni-Pol"

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Each neutral is led by his goals, his instincts and his own need. They never had a way to lose to start with.

The factor is that the 2 main factions are fighting for global control of the planet.
    Ehh.. I happen to disagree.
    Not only are the clans divided on most everything but the main goal of living a life free of OT oppression - for all Rubi-Kans, not just those currently a member of the Clan faction.
    We're so divided not even all clanners will take up arms against ommers.
    We're not even fighting for control of the planet, we're fighting against OT control of the planet.
    (Unless you're talking about the Kyr, of course, we're definately fighting for control over Rubi-Ka where they're concerned - every citizen should be.)

I'm Clan.
    But contrary to your opinion I don't go around killing anyone not shooting at me first - which used to be, millennia ago, the definition of "neutral" - and even then I try to limit damage to my opponent to what allows me to get away.
    I don't go on rampages destroying places and people without merit (are such actions ever merited?) just because someone tells me to. I did, once, but not for the Clans.. then I learned better, a real harsh lesson it was too.
    You see, I have friends on all three sides and I've seen way too much of what war does to humanoids to use force lightly.

My point is, don't judge all Clans by the same yardstick. There are even ommers that don't fit their usual mold.
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer View Post
    Ehh.. I happen to disagree.
    Not only are the clans divided on most everything but the main goal of living a life free of OT oppression - for all Rubi-Kans, not just those currently a member of the Clan faction.
    We're so divided not even all clanners will take up arms against ommers.
    We're not even fighting for control of the planet, we're fighting against OT control of the planet.
    (Unless you're talking about the Kyr, of course, we're definately fighting for control over Rubi-Ka where they're concerned - every citizen should be.)

I'm Clan.
    But contrary to your opinion I don't go around killing anyone not shooting at me first - which used to be, millennia ago, the definition of "neutral" - and even then I try to limit damage to my opponent to what allows me to get away.
    I don't go on rampages destroying places and people without merit (are such actions ever merited?) just because someone tells me to. I did, once, but not for the Clans.. then I learned better, a real harsh lesson it was too.
    You see, I have friends on all three sides and I've seen way too much of what war does to humanoids to use force lightly.

My point is, don't judge all Clans by the same yardstick. There are even ommers that don't fit their usual mold.
    Holy crap, FINALLY, someone with some damn sense! Amen, brother, amen.
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; May 16th, 2007 at 20:14:55.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast