Thread: The Castle Camelot playfield - split?

Question The Castle Camelot playfield - split?

I have what I consider to be a pretty important issue regarding the camelot castle playfield. At the moment it is all one big playfield with the 25% dungeon with tara in the same zone as the non-pvp/non-mob Castle proper above. This is causing a big headache, because people who like to use the dungeon for pvp and Tara have a monopoly over the use of the ENTIRE castle. Other people not interested in that want to use the castle itself for more role-play orientated things - meetings in the libraries or the dining halls, little events in the 2nd floor, etc... However these people cannot because of the stream of outrage from the pvp'ers below who rant about only 60ppl being allowed in the area, and 'making it the main pf for tara spawn', hence ruining their fun. I don't want to have anyone's fun ruined so I would like to suggest making the dungeon a new zone, so that we can use the castle for other stuff. After all, a lot of effort must have gone into designing the interior, we just want to take advantage of the great setting. Please let me know what you think.

Naa

Just change the whole dungen to 0% and add more doors to dragon room.

I agree with Littletotem, mayhem with more door would rock...albeit the lag issue still remains :/

Very very true! Bump to that!

Its a shame to use the area only for camping and pvping, since its such a beautiful zone. Split the zone in two, and let one part be 75% and the other 25%.

That.. or make the entire zone 75%.

Adding more doors to tara room or making the enter zone 0% doesnt exactly fix the issue stated by Iscarriot. While more doors could perhaps help lag issues a bit, 0% would only allow for pvp'ers who are plain idiots to kill rp'ers of their own side, and thus worsen the issue.
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    ---------------------------------------------
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.

Everyone can be happy.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against using the basement for Tara or anything, and the pvp is fine - in fact I would support any efforts to make it more enjoyable for the happy campers down there. I just don't see why the people who want to use the castle proper above for fun can't. It is all very well people like the those who posted the first two replies glazing over the issue and pretending like we RPers and social players don't exist, but I bet you'd take more notice of the issue if we got 50ppl together and had a little sit in upstairs - a few all night parties or something. After all, it is just one kind of fun isn't it, and people who complain we would ruin their fun should sit back and think, maybe uptil now they have been ruining ours.

Hey, if it would be on Rk2, i would participate with my level 44 soldier, he might die, but its worth a shot
    "There is a storm coming! Our storm! - Paul Mua'dib"
    Randomize argument in scripts!

The magical pony, scene1-5,6

Im glad there are trolls and whiners, gives people something to compare with. Makes the rest of us look better.

"Spam is not just something you do, its a way of life."

OOGA BOOGA.