Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to stop ninja looting completly!!!

LOL Gmuptor, not only did you admit your a ninja looter, you also strongly pointed out taht you are an exploiter and should be banned from the game.

you have guts boy....
    First player with all characters 100+ and still a newbie....

Arrow

Regardless of what anyone thinks about the original poster (don't know him myself) its a valid point that a lot of people would like to see in the game.

Hard to imagine too many people wouldn't want this in the game in some form, theres differences/worries on little things ("I don't want the other side to know who looted what from Tara!") but I think I can safely say the majority of players would want/benefit from it.

Theres a few who "don't care" because they "only" team with people they trust (Do you only team with people at a LAN party? Can I get your credit card #? lol, sorry I'll leave that one alone now)

The rest...um...well, they're ninjalooters. Who gives a **** about them
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

bump

Big bump on this. Spent an hour getting through a mission the other night. Long time on the Boss, with everyone having to skip back and forth between levels to heal. So with about 3% of the boss's HP left I head out, hit one heal, and head back. Oops, too late for the xp. oh well. Im sure there will be something worth having from the boss loot right. Guess what. Boss is gone already. Ok, whoever looted boss, post please!! Waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting.

The next twenty minutes was arguing about who took the loot. And when someone called a GM, and I decided to say the hell with it and grid out, someone says, and i freakin quote, "seems to me those trying to leave have something to hide". So there i sat until EVERYONE got tired waiting for the GM to show, and then it was ok to leave without being accused of ninja looting.

Please for gods sake, add the freaking code to show the team what is being looted from the Boss. Or any other mob for that matter. Save alot of heart ache, and time.
    Jellobiafra General of First Order
    First Order-Cleaning clanners since 29210
    Visit our website to join!!

Would be a key tool.

buMp

Sick of it

Well I was in a group the other night for over 3 hours. We did a couple of big missions.Nice red mobs with no deaths,doc getting good backup from two of us MA's etc.
    First boss nothing dropped i could use but i asked since i didnt get any chest loot if i could have one item that no one wanted (im skint ) I didnt get anything...oh well i thought its exp aint it lol.
    Second mission second boss.Tougher ql this time and really bad ass boss.We won.No deaths. We stand around waiting for loot to be windowed.Eventually i ask. Im told we all looted something. I ask in /tells and 4 outa 6 say no not me i didnt loot anything. Fuggin ninja agent had looted the lot .Same agent then ran round empty mission looting all chests we had agreed to leave til after and to split etc.

Sad part is that the guys i was grouped with all claimed to be alts of 198/154/176 etc docs/MA's etc etc. and had no need for loot.

I left sick of asking "who looted boss" only to be accused of being a loot whore! It wasnt me that ninja'd so how does that figure? Boss mobs gear is nice for folks with no high lvl main to be twinked by .

Would'nt be hard to show in emote what have ya that "Blahblah looted a small cloth sack" . EQ has it in group.DAoC has it in public channel when your close enough.Why not AO?

I B U M P !

The more experienced players are using one way to get around that problem.

Do a /team loot leader then you know who to yell at if you dont get any loot.

I have tried this myself teaming with Pogobear, who ended up looting everything without telling anyone else. It caused people to accuse each other of stealing the loot and Pogobear could just walk away with everything. It stinks when people cant think about anyone but themselves and it makes it very important that the game offers methods of fair looting and sharing.
    First player with all characters 100+ and still a newbie....

I think that this idea is the responsible thing to do. Not commenting on this issue immediatly and promising to do something ASAP, is totally irresponsible and would be a huge nail in the coffin for AO, a game alot of us really love to play. The only people that would be against something like this, are the professional ninja looters themselves.

Thank you all for the responses. No idea why with this many bumps Cz/ Cosmik haven't replied :-(. Recently took a week off from AO after 14.5 went live was hoping Cz/Cosmik would have replied this thread has been going over 3 weeks now i think. Maybe I'll just fly to Norway go in FC studios(message on the door says were sorry no one from FC is around we've decided to take a month off). *sigh* As far as tarasque vicinity loot and ther side hearing it , I really doubt it very few times does then other side make it to T room while your pounding him into oblivion plus you can always /terminate and keep the loot if your in danger like is done anyways. Cz/Cosmik you guys must be bruthders but whats the problem here can an enf get some response luv here.
    Next post I'll post in norwegian your native language see if that helps :-)

Gmuptor Level 185 Enforcer of Mayhem

BUMP.

Cosmik/Cz please take a look at this.
    Captain Sparkyd Kirk

Proud Unit Commander of Band of Brothers
    Über® Equipment - Courtesy of Auno.org

An agent with a GPH?? WTH, since when do you even cast nanos?? - Random tell

No longer playing.

AFAIK, Cosmik has returned to Australia after an extended stay in Norway, getting set up there. Cz said Cosmik should be back up and running in a few days, hopefully.

Meanwhile, Cosmik's duties fall on Cz, meaning he has a platter heaped tall with work. No wonder he hasn't got time to reply to threads, even if we'd like him to.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Cz , Cosmik , 90 posts over 3300 views but no answer from you guys on something that everybody agrees would help the game?
    Do you want high Lvl people like us tp stay in game? Respond to some of these key issue threads not asking much here.

Gmuptor Level 185 Enforcer of Mayhem

Great, ya wanna know where he is? he's on the exchange forums telling people not to post about this subject there. Supposedly they have an idea in mind on how to fix the problem. I say we post on every forum under every catagory until something is done. Really getting tired of this.

I suggest people do some research before whining and bumping this much. I've posted several times that we're working on solutions for this. You might have a look at this thread, for instance, where I mention loot messages in the starting post.

Now, excuse me for being snappy, but I'm getting a bit tired of people complaining about me not reading every word they post, when they don't seem to even bother to look at official posts before they go off about something.

Peace, and have a continued nice weekend.

Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

TheDeacon, if you have something to say to me, please say it to me, not to the general public. I am available through e-mails and private messaging on this bulletin board.

Now, yes, of course, I do apologize for being snappy. I kind'a did that in the original post.

Thank you.

yes, but my post was meant to be constructive criticism. I even defended you, funcom and AO in the first sentence. Deleting it seems unnecesary, as does taking a confrontational position towards me when I'm one of the few people that still supports you guys. Please restore my post. by deleting it, you made it seem like I was cursing you guys out or something

And perhaps, if you have something to say to the whiners, you should also say it to them and not the general public. By deleting my post and leaving yours, it make you seem hypocritical
    Last edited by THEDEACON!; Sep 29th, 2002 at 20:14:57.

I was merely standing up for the players by saying that snappy comments by a funcom representative is a poor example of a customer service team that values its customers. People have said much worse. If you're sorry you made the comment, just delete it. I personally cringed when I read it, even though it was well deserved, because the wording was....ouch.
    I'm not trying to start a fight with you cz *gives you a hug*

Well thx fpr the response. Thank you Blueoffset2 also. I had no idea that thread existed you showed , if you would have showed it after 20 or so posts no one would have bumped. As to how far along it is im clueless my guess is you haven't even started work on it or it would be done by now. I'm a programmer myself now in college and according to what I've seen of AO it would take about 30 hours for one Joe to code it and debug it. If Blueoffset2 had never emailed you , I wouldn't have gotten a reply at all , which is sad in it self. Anyways your reply lets me know your alive. I've decided to go take off another 2 weeks from AO. Why dont you get people to monitor each particular forum thatway we'd get quick responses and so on. Cz I'm sorry bro but taking 91 posts, 3400 views, 4 weeks, and an email from a GM to get you to reply is simply unacceptable in my opinion. See you in two weeks by then maybe Ian Warr(main reason im still playing AO atm)will be found until then.

Look CZ, sometimes frustration can get the better of all of us. On this issue I've been too harsh at times. When a month passes and you've experienced boss loot - ninja looting 10 times during that month, it can drive you quite mad. So I personally apologize for going overboard if I did. What sets many of us off, is when an important issue like this is frustrating so many people, and then we see what many considered a rediculous new rule posted (bumping, which I see has gone from "one bump only" to, "try to keep it to a minimum), it has a tendency to set some people off, myself included. But it is more a frustration over whats going on in-game than it is here on the boards. Thank you for the response and is there ANY type of ETA on this fix? I am to the point that unless the team is completely full of players I personally know, I'm just not going to team anymore.

Cz, it seemes like your thread only mentions vacinity messages not any of the other suggestions made and discussed in this thread. Dont know if your even reading this thread anymore but can you plz comment on the other suggestions made here?
    If everything is coming your way, your in the wrong lane.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast