Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to stop ninja looting completly!!!

Chouhada, it's not as if there were videocameras around to record the stuff. Picture the situation in real life: Someone picks up an assault rifle from a box. If you are standing within 5 meters you will see what it was he picked up. Maybe concealment skill could be used if someone really wanted to conceal the fact that he took something.

Lost?

Damn, this means the ONE incentive to start a group is gonna be lost...

But otherwise its an excellent idea that deserves a bump

I like the idea. Aso for chests as long as you can turn it off.

*bump*

grumptor.. yeah right..

what you are suggesting is that vicinity or whatever gets a message that is telling who loots what.. that would be sweet and all and i do like the idea

but

what you did has nothing to do with that.. so what if that had been implemented.. you still ninjaed... and we would have seen a message "Grumptor looted the hood" and you would have been killed.. you would still have the hood tho since its nodrop.. and actually i think its ok for a omni to go and ninja tara loot from clan if he can pull it of

but you are using an exploit to stay in that room while trying to get the loot.. and there is nothing you can say that would make me accept this .. imho this behavior should be reason enuff to be banned, but hey, mebbe thats just me..
    Znails

My bump

For whatever its worth I want to bump this too. Maybe if it gets enough replies someone will listen. There is NO WAY this could be a bad thing to add.

Heir

Red face

The ninja looting is the reason that I only team with people I know I can trust. We go in small groups and keep track of whose turn it is to loot the box. The best way is to find a leader you can trust and let him loot boxes and display the contents to the group. I know you will say how can you trust that, but if he is a good leader then you must trust him to display everything in the box. I have been with teams that the leader sets boss loot to leader and then shows everyone what was on the boss. He then lets everyone send him tells with what they want off of the boss. He divies it up and we go on to the next one. But, the groups we run with are so small (3-4 people) that we know and trust one another completely. If we ever did find a ninja we would kick him in the worst possible place in the mission and leave him to die from the mob damage. Someone once had a great idea to list the names of characters that were ninja-looters so you know who not to team with. If you can't put it up in the boards due to the rules, then make a web site where everyone can go to see the list.

To Znaily the time I got the hood I walked in T room to avoid box lag saw 13 clan coming began sneaking and hiding. Clan didnt think to check since no one had ninjaed in a while but I kept quiet . I asked Javaschick loot like a common joe she told me I made my move and waited and by luck got it. The 2nd time clan gave me the alt f4 idea. I had seen them run with 0 hp and asked fellow omni how they did that they told me so if clan do it , I thought Ide try it worked but my plan was figured out 2nd time. But lets keep to this thread. The thread is a good idea which isnt hard to implement and wouldnt cause team trust issues. With outdoor hunting aka bloodbats and many other new drops. Leader loot is going to happen so why not this too so we can trust our leader. I donttend to play to well thinking the leader of my group has screwed the team but now ide know.

Gmuptor Lvl 181 Enf of Mayhem
    "Smarter Then your average trox?

Originally posted by Cloudeh
    You just have to wonder what goes on over at FC.
    As for adding stats to nanos.

Dude:Okay guys we have a big task for you to do, you have to add 1he and 2he to the Brutal thug and Headcracker nanos on the Enforcer.

Dev: NO ****ING WAY!
    Dude: Dude!
    Dev: Dude!

Dude: K' Bye.
    Dev: omg...Omg...Hold me... I cant. I cant OPEN THE EDITOR AND ADD SOME WORDS!

I doubt its that hard :P
    Seriously, I reckon any decent person here could edit an item give them time, a week maybe? :P

Hehehe I see someone else has watched "Baseketball"

OH, and BUMP for stopping the Ninjas........the Rollerrats were supposed to do that, but they're too stupid and attack the wrong people sometimes.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

Talking

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

Do you think they can just turn a switch? They have schedules to keep and strategies on when and how to pump out missions the way they want to. If they were to implement this, it would go at the END of a line of things up and coming.

Heh. This gives me a flashback to Lost in Space, where towards the beginning of the movie the pilot (I am bad with names so I don't remember his) is talking about how everyone seems to think piloting the ship is hard but it is actually simple and his skills are wasted. He then gives one of the few half decent lines in the movie "And the monkey flips the switch".
    Guess Funcom's budget ran out before they could hire the monkey to flip the loot chat switch and now the programmers don't want to program it in cause they think it will be too difficult to do.
    If at first you dont' succeed, reload.

If it moves, shoot it. If it doesn't move, loot it.

FC do youwant to improve the quality of the game? well take a look BUMP

Originally posted by Gmuptor
    FC do youwant to improve the quality of the game? well take a look BUMP
    sillies ;p a ninja who likes to ninja who complains about ninja...! where is the world coming to ... i dont have a problem with the ninja omni from clan or clan from omni tho... Just the 25% zones where you bring a low level of the same faction to get a item... Heck... i dont even care if you are a evil clanner ninjing from other clanners... Ill regret that someday but i dont see it as a bad thing.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

What are you referring to Hajkster im not a lowbie being Lvl 182 and certainly not clan. Please stop attacking me on this thread Gmuptor hate thread would be fine for attacks but this is an important thread to the game of AO

Originally posted by Gmuptor
    What are you referring to Hajkster im not a lowbie being Lvl 182 and certainly not clan. Please stop attacking me on this thread Gmuptor hate thread would be fine for attacks but this is an important thread to the game of AO
    Never did i really mention your name. Read my text again please.

And add... I know who you are, I have seen you lots of time in camelot. Nor am i a newbie you see.
    Last edited by Hajkster; Sep 13th, 2002 at 06:32:08.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Just make the rats attack the guy that opened the chest. Maybe all rat chests should also damage the looter.

I don't want anymore spam, and I don't have much problem with looters. But the extra ine in chat that says "so and so looted" may not be so bad.

I was thinking maybe we could have peeps head flash a certain color when they loot, maybe a blue flashing head. This of course will not stop the peeeps that loot from two rooms over, but uber rats aggro on the looter may give them pause.

I liked DAoC system when person was looting and loot atomaticaly went to teamates and coins were equaly spreaded around team mates.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Automatic split is one idea, BUT if I have an MA in team (/me is enf) then I want him to get the MA Attack, which is NODROP, I want the agent to get the repressor, which is NODROP. Split coins, ok, split non-NODROP loot automatically, ok, but please let the teamleader make the decision who is getting the NODROP Stuff, or the majority of the team (popup with checkboxes for each teammember)

Smile

This thread deserves another bump. Dont know how long it will take untill we get a response...but till then...UP TO THE TOP.
    If everything is coming your way, your in the wrong lane.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast