Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: How to stop ninja looting completly!!!

How to stop ninja looting completly!!!

It has occurred to me that when teams loot boss or tarasque is looted only one person knows for real what dropped. 14.5 is gonna be insane ninjaing by ppl. So FC and this is easy to add Ide like you to install a thing that tells the entire team what one person looted . If im in a team we worked =ly to boss we kill boss I loot a Custom hvy suppressor off boss it should pop up in vicinity chat like this "Gmuptor looted custom heavy suppressor from <mob's name>" this is easy to add and simple and many a friendship can be saved by it. I think everyone will agree this is something good for the game. I hope to see your responses FC plz put it in 14.5 its quite simple to add and many of us will feel better in teams.

Gmuptor Level 179 Enforcer omni of Mayhem

Arrow

This has been suggested 100 times or so, and also completely ignored by FC those same 100 times.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

It is a heavly suggested idea, and inexplicably ignored by Funcom.

That doesn't mean we should stop making the suggestion. This seems like an easy thing to do... a fix that the fan base has been asking for for some time.

Therefore, Thread, I bump Thee!

honestly gang, EQ was around for nearly 2 years before they implemented that same feature, so FC isn't surprising me much.

oh, and bump
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Bump... but with a certain amount of sadness.

What saddens me the most is that we even have a need for a feature like this. Why some people would jeapordize their in-game relationships for a piece of loot or two is, quite frankly, beyond me.
    Gogo "Atremis" Yubari
    220 MA - RK1
    Tranq

There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

umm when i loot a couple items off tarasque and we are being swamped by omni sorry i don't want something popping up in vicinity chat saying "Igaloran picked up a chuck of dragon flesh"

maybe something in team chat okay but not in vicinity. That would be one of the dumbest ideas ever.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Originally posted by Danjaq
    It is a heavly suggested idea, and inexplicably ignored by Funcom.
    Ignored? Cz/Cosmik has said on more then one occasion they LOVE the idea and have passed it on to the Devs.

like theres anything good on bosses ... or even will be check out the 14.5 DB its all junk besides the rings that will make legchopper overcamped better cry for a new spawn time or team only with guildies ...

Arrow

Ignored, possibly show up in a patch 12 months from now...

Same thing.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by Infamine
    like theres anything good on bosses ... or even will be check out the 14.5 DB its all junk besides the rings that will make legchopper overcamped better cry for a new spawn time or team only with guildies ...
    LOL. you didnt check the db yourself, did you ?

Originally posted by Intrepid
    umm when i loot a couple items off tarasque and we are being swamped by omni sorry i don't want something popping up in vicinity chat saying "Igaloran picked up a chuck of dragon flesh"

maybe something in team chat okay but not in vicinity. That would be one of the dumbest ideas ever.
    We already know it is possible for channels to be side-specific (Omni Herald / Voice of Freedom)... there is no reason that this loot alert message couldn't be addressed only to the side that loots. A group-chat only alert could be done as well so that groups made up of 2 or 3 factions can benefit from it as well (because it is important to note that this type of thing is useful for situations other than just Tarasque and the upcoming dynacamps).
    Gogo "Atremis" Yubari
    220 MA - RK1
    Tranq

There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Ninja looting

This is probably the only thing I miss from EQ, the looting messages.

If you're going to have awesome rare loot droping off of corpses you really need a system in place to broadcast what items are being removed from the corpse. Otherwise you end up with people just never fully trusting each other.

massive bump for this idea.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

NINJAS ONLINE!
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

I was not aware it had been thought of though I assumed it had if it was approved by Cz/cosmik why has'nt it been implented. If FC needs help im a programmer yes a real one how can assist them. As far as something dropping off T and that yes put in team chat only. Cosmik/Cz plz respond why this has'nt been implented i know you check these posts hourly. I would hate to be fighting a boss that dropped a bloodbat that was ninjaed by someone in the group who equips it a week later saying he got it yesterday.

Gmuptor Lvl 179 Enforcerof Mayhem

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

Ignored? Cz/Cosmik has said on more then one occasion they LOVE the idea and have passed it on to the Devs.
    What I meant was that Funcom has neglected to implement this feature in the game. I wasn't intending to imply that nobody at Funcom had ever discussed the idea.

It's possible that doing this is more complicated than it seems on the surface, and with a reduced programming staff, they might have their hands full right now.

I'll bet that this is a feature that eventually makes it in.
    Gogo "Atremis" Yubari
    220 MA - RK1
    Tranq

Originally posted by Danjaq
    What I meant was that Funcom has neglected to implement this feature in the game. I wasn't intending to imply that nobody at Funcom had ever discussed the idea.
    Do you think they can just turn a switch? They have schedules to keep and strategies on when and how to pump out missions the way they want to. If they were to implement this, it would go at the END of a line of things up and coming.

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

Do you think they can just turn a switch? They have schedules to keep and strategies on when and how to pump out missions the way they want to. If they were to implement this, it would go at the END of a line of things up and coming.
    Actually, since the theme of their many past patches has been to add new content through team excersizes, you'd think this would be at the beginning of their list. It wasn't a problem until they put in the huge amounts of find only items. This fix should have gone in at the same time the new system of spreading content went in.

The gripe is that there is yet another huge find-only content patch about to go in and this problem has yet to be addressed.

So bump.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

remove all the loot.

there's a solution.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast