Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freelance: Massive Neutral Gathering!

*sighs* why are adults always so stubborn?

why two agendas? in the end we all want the same thing don't we?
    why is it so hard to work together instead of flaming at each other?

let's look at the facts shall we? wether you liked the idea of the document or not it sure made one point clear.... a majority of the neutral organisations and neutrals on RK are still showing to that they are intrested in this topic. The document showed that a lot of neutrals are still intressted to unite. The document was just a new (fresh if you like) step and all I hope is it wasn't the last and that other neutrals may get new insights to reach our goal.

that said, we could do continue trowing mud at each other (or pie at troxes) or we could stop being stubborn, put our hands together and do this together.

Oh and miss Berael, stop being such a mew and look at the brightside of this all..
    *coughs*maybeanideatotrygettingthatNDIbackupitsfee tagain?*coughs*.
    Last edited by macbecky; May 2nd, 2007 at 17:33:19.
    Nothing beats a Macfluffy!
    "Proud citizen of Omni-Tek and corporal of Omni-Pol"

I'm not throwing mud at anybody.

With regards to the NDI, the coalition still exists but it seems to be near impossible for anybody to actualy send representatives to discuss issues unless the bombs are actualy falling down. The Purpose of the Neutral Defense Initiative, is to discuss and coordinate actions for Neutral defense. I've attempted to call at least 4 meetings since the group's inception and they have all be meetings of 4-5 people which hardly represents the neutral populace.
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

maybe it would be an idea to try to make a call for a new meeting?
    Nothing beats a Macfluffy!
    "Proud citizen of Omni-Tek and corporal of Omni-Pol"

Oh I see, this is all a self-serving diatribe about "boo-hoo my agenda got filed in the circular file and they moved on to something else".

The life span of anything in this game is short, the memory of anyone's efforts are short, a year is an eternity. People's RL changes, in game changes, org changes... your agenda has been forgotten and your not willing to let anyone else do anything that can benefit the neutral community if they don't also subscribe to your ideas. It doesn't work that way.

This whole objection of yours in out of line in my opinion.
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

*sighs*

I said I was sorry, Pyro.
    I was in error.
    I misrepresented your position.
    That was a mistake.

So far I have not been attacking anybody, i've been arguing against this so-called resolution. I haven't been attacking Nohva, Nohva's org. I think his idea of a neutral forum is a pretty good one. I'm not attacking you, i'm not slandering your org.

Why are you throwing ad hominem attacks my way?

In my discussion of the NDI I was responding to macbecky.

Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

/OOC

I think responses which are clearly OOC like "vetren player". "The life span of anything in this game is short", are a disrespect to those who are IC. From the writer of the article to those who are actively participating in this event.

If you want to make an OOC point, at least make a tag or something out of respect to the roleplayers.

Personally I like this event, neuts usually get bored RP wise cause clan/omni usually have the bigger stories and events overall (FC/ARK and Player run).

This specific event is interesting. since it's been a while since a neutral accord has been done between players. It should ****e things up for the next few weeks.

I would love to see the NDI in full force like in their early days when Bore had just been taken over...dozens of neuts w signs and attacking the unicorns, now that was fun to watch.

/IC

Hmm, neutrals promising not to shoot eachother. Since the battlestations arrived I've seen neutrals take sides for a short time, sometimes against other neutrals who took the opposide side.

Maybe the guilds who sign will uphold the agreement, but what about the rest of the neutral community? will they put aside their personal greed for better equipment and the other bonuses the battlestations provide for neutral brotherhood?

I highly doubt it, but I do wish you good luck on the effort.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

I apologize if you feel insulted by what I said, but IC/OOC I feel that anyone who posts should check their sources and be very sure they have their information correct.
    I will break it down for you this way then:

IC/
    I was approached by Nohva about this issue, prior to his discussing it with anyone else. It isn't neutral vs neutral PvP that is in question, it is however specifically tower attacks. As a group we are small, but incredibly diverse, and if there is one issue we really need to agree upon, is not to attack either other. We face attacks from both sides on a regular basis and need to work together, not against each other. Unforutnately, I was unable to attend the meeting due to off-planet business, so in my place, I sent a General of my org to sign for everyone who wears The Union over their head.

OOC/
    Very few things last in the memory of players more than 3 months, NDI, this accord.. anything I have worked on in the past. Feeling resentful over someone else brining in a new RP opportunity, and using your platform not being successful to bash it, to me is totally wrong.
    I accept Berael's apology for her mistake, but I feel she needs to held accountable for not checking her facts.
    I hope this satisfies anyone who feels that I handled this unstatisfacrory.
    Last edited by Pyromanche; May 5th, 2007 at 23:26:28.
    Emma "Pyromanche" Peele, Neutral Kingpin RK1
    Founder of The Union
    President

((

To clarify, I am not vocally disagreeing with nohva's accord because I'm being whiny that the NDI isn't used very much. I'm disagreeing with it because I disagree with it. I did the same thing for the elements of Yarko's Manifesto I disagreed with.

My discussion of the NDI in my post above was a response to Macbecky, explaining the situation with the NDI in relation to the accord.

))
    Last edited by Berael; May 6th, 2007 at 23:46:31.

Wasn't there something like this called the BORPACT?
    GorgeFodder4 / Skeletawe
    Anti-Miner / Miner
    Omni-Mining / NLF Remnant?

Good memory. BORPACT was years before the NDI, but quite different. IT was alliance between guilds that did not mine notum. But the borpact had nothing to do with neutrality, it ran across all factions. ((I'm impressed someone remembers back that far! I am the author of the Borealis Pact))

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12