Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newland Council Pressrelease: Newland City Militia Improvements

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Newland Council Pressrelease: Newland City Militia Improvements

Newland City Militia Improvements
    April 23, 29481 - Newland City Press [Global]

Newland City (Newland Council Press Releases) – New revenue from Battle Station transportation terminals could mean upgrades for the Newland City Militia.

With the ICC decision to place additional Battles Station transportation terminals in Newland City, the city will be allocated funds as compensation for the space used. Additional annual funds will be given depending on how frequently the terminals are used. Also with the increased visitor count due to the Terminals the cities income will most likely rise, as well as the potential for troublemakers. Therefore the first group of funding will be used together with prior gracious donations, from various neutral groups like "Shattered Dreams", "Wolf Brigade", "The Hand" and many more, in updating the equipment of the Newland City Militia.

This upgrade will be the first new equipment issued to the Militia since 29478 when the force was incepted through the Neutral Guard Initiative and equipped by JAME. While the precise nature of the upgrade is still in negotiation, it will consist of a weapons upgrade and a possible NCU upgrade to allow the militia members to use more advanced nano-programs.

General Hekkat, the leader of the Newland City Militia, is in favour of using Kyr’Ozch weaponry, citing its favourable record of use by the general populace of the planet in the last year. Defence Minister Vincent "Boltgun" Delage is promoting the use of the newer Dreadloch modified weapons based on their impressive reputation and high technical specifications.
    "Even if we gathered a ton of shotguns, the Kyr'Ozch weaponry are so 29480," says Minster Delage. "Let's get a step ahead and secure a shipment of modified Ofab equipment, that alone will be dissuasive enough to hostile forces."

The donation of several crates of deflection nano-crystals and belt decks last year by the organization Wolf Brigade held the possibility of an earlier defensive upgrade. This was cancelled when several training mishaps caused minor injury to a few of the militia. The training was stopped and nothing was heard about the nano-crystals until recently. Foreign Affairs Minister Angel "Berael" Wolf says that the equipment was put in the wrong storage locker.
    "It was probably a stunt to stop the training," says Minister Wolf. "The real issue that was causing all the problems was that most of the Militia are using NCUs that are not designed for running Rubi-Ka style nano-programs. We hope that the new funds will allow us to upgrade those NCUs to use the shields."

With the recent movement of Clan and Omni-Tek forces, Mayor Zephrem King wants to assure the citizens of Newland City that the defence of its people and businesses is its top priority.

Good work folks.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

So, with this upgrade, does that mean that Newland will once again be the hub for Neutral forces... I do so remember the old days before the shift to borealis.....
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Now that is what I like to see. The Neuts gearing up and standing up for themselves.
    "The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums."-Arthur Koestler
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadab View Post
    So, with this upgrade, does that mean that Newland will once again be the hub for Neutral forces... I do so remember the old days before the shift to borealis.....
    As far as I know, Newland has been the central hub for the neutrals since they stopped owning Borealis.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

nice job ! :-)
    Gonido - 220 MP - RK2
    Neutral - President of Harmony

Former French Fansite Manager
    http://ao.mondespersistants.com

good luck with it, and i hope it keeps omni tek out of newlands if they try to invade. and keep law and order

Heh, I have both neutral and clan friends and we all like to meet up either in Bor or Newland, depending on who's throwing the party..
    As long we can still come and go in peace I'm all for extra protection and that whole law/order thing..
    Newland is sometimes quite rough..
    Me? Trouble? No trouble..

As Mae West said: "Never resist temptation, you don't know if you'll get another chance."

Hope your new equipment would be of use to keep the order in Newland...
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

I'm all in favor of the Newland Militia having up-to-date equipment, although I do have some minor concerns with the idea. Did they ever find that one guy's head, after he TMS'ed a little too low in training?...

Nice to see they will upgrade soon. Good on ya.

Really hard for me to play nice though when I see the very same names mentioned flip sides on the battle stations every time they start to loose a little ground. But I guess backstabbing is a great way to make sure you come out on top.
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts
    Really hard for me to play nice though when I see the very same names mentioned flip sides on the battle stations every time they start to loose a little ground. But I guess backstabbing is a great way to make sure you come out on top.
    Flip sides because they are losing ground? A few neutrals might do that, but I believe the majority would like to join the side with fewest people in the waiting line so they can get faster into the action and earn their points...

Battlestations never had - and probably never will - have a separate neutral faction, so you better accept the fact that neutrals can freely choose which side they want to csupport at any given time...

I am also happy to see the Newland Milita will get a badly needed equipment upgrade. Good luck defending your city - who knows what hardships will come upon you later.

PS: I'm not a PvP player, so these opinions are based purely on my views on what possibilites exists.
    Last edited by Lupe; Apr 25th, 2007 at 02:15:25.

With regards to the guard without a head, we did find his head and he made it through reclaim just fine. The last time I heard though, he was so impressed with the process that now he has gone around asking people to shoot him in the head... I believe that the General has mentioned to him that there is only a 99.35% successe rate for insurance resurrection. Anyway...

(( Ultimately, among all the elements of the game, how the battlestation is run is the hardest for me to justify with RP. You fight with a side against another, winning doesn't give you control of the battle station since anybody can use the orbital nuke function at any time, it just gives you equipment produced from the ICC facility. Let alone to say that the ICC is -allowing- people to fight in its weapons platforms. ))
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    Nice to see they will upgrade soon. Good on ya.

There is often neutrals on both sides or at least the winning one. I don't really care about the reasons for that, like we need a reason at all, but the result is whoever gains the control of the stations there is neutrals ending with access codes. And so we have an undisturbed access to OFAB equipment and ressources needed for our vehicles. And we finished our researches.

Yea that's surely backstabbing and unethical, but explain to a maniac he decides that Newland must disappear.

Also I don't remember much about the training's casaulties but as it seems I'm among them so it might explain.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Berael View Post

(( Ultimately, among all the elements of the game, how the battlestation is run is the hardest for me to justify with RP. You fight with a side against another, winning doesn't give you control of the battle station since anybody can use the orbital nuke function at any time, it just gives you equipment produced from the ICC facility. Let alone to say that the ICC is -allowing- people to fight in its weapons platforms. ))
    I'll fight for who I want, when I want.

((Exactly Berael. The BS might as well not even exist in the RP world here as they really go against most everything (as in the fighting part red vs. blue teams).))
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

(( There are hundreds of battel stations over RK, just the sheer number of possible Orbital strikes ought to speak for something. ICC isn`t allowing people to fight, but when there is a fairly large group of pissed of people, armed, in a small area with guns, and no suppression all kinds of violence is bond to happen.

Hackers could be resetting the battle stations remotely, and while the systems are rebooting, both sides could be trying to enter in there own controls, or targets into that station.

VPs are a form of sided currancy like points on a bot that allow only the loyal Clanners, Omni, and Nuets access to the `limited`supply of Ofab.

Ether way there isn`t an official explination, but I`m not going to ignore elements of the game just because FC isn`t there holding my hand telling me how to RP what. If we start doing that, then there will eventually be nothing left. No SL, No AI, classic, even notum wars. I`m not buying that kind of trouble.

And, this is *WAAAAAAAAY* off topic. I`ll be a bit more careful about when Kotts gets grumpy and rants from now on ;P ))
    Point Blank

((
    To my knowledge, there are ICly three battle stations that were brought to RK.

All of your assertions about how people get to fight in the BS are perfectly valid, but one thing remains to be answered: why isn't the ICC making any statements on the issue? Why are they not shutting down the transports?

I have my pet theories that justify it ICly but if the higher ups on the sides are not seeing them they must be dumb as rocks.

I am not saying i'm ignoring the battle stations, i'm saying that there is problems with the interpretation if you look at how they were introduced. You are running head long for a slippery slope fallacy.

))
    Angel "Berael" Wolf - 220/22 Solitus Engineer RP Profile
    Advisor of Wolf Brigade, A Proud Neutral Organization

AOwiki - A chance to show what you know.
    Hunting Grounds Neutral Neck Items Tradeskill Pricing v3.0 Roleplaying Organizations v2.0 (RK1)

"The world will not evolve past its current state of crisis by using the same thinking that created the situation" - Albert Einstein
    "It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Indeed I hope this keeps Newland safe from an Omni incursion. Good Job Neutrals.

((What amuses me OOC and distresses me IC, is that the battlestations were intended to defend Rubi-ka from aliens, but both clans and omni-tech turned those massive cannons towards the surface of Rubi-ka. Massive cannons that were built by Sol Banking. We have to wonder what they've got in store, don't we?))

Some may have seen them shooting each other joyfully today as they received the new guns. It's okay, it's... part of their... training... yea totally.

And they are alive, this is why I say that Drealoch modified OFAB shotguns and sharks would be more effective.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast