Thread: What are you fixers doing for weapons in PVP?

What are you fixers doing for weapons in PVP?

I would like to know what you fixers are using for weapons in PVP? I would also like some input on CHS's and IK-8's at high levels vs the standard SMG's.

I personally dont see that big of an improvement in PVP with IK-8 195ql. It does alright but my SMG did as well and the specials dont seem that awesome. I only have 550 fling and 550 aimed shot so that might be it plus my base attack rating is 850 which could be another part of it. But I do alright in PVP with it but the battles take forever. I have to wait to get some crits to do anything with it and with my old guns (Summer SMP Shells and Sol Chronis) I critted like much more and the burst was ok. Is it really worth using a Shotty or CHS at higher levels?

Barbbs 167th Old School Fixer.

Im not sure what people really use at that lvl =p But Chem mausser? =/ Just a tip may be bad =)
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

i could tell ya, but then id have to kill ya.

MCS, at the moment and can't stand it But its basically my best bet right now. It does good damage and i have high ranged init, but its range, even with a yatamutchy will only be able to get to 20 or so...Using a VE will gimp your RI, so i dont do that. Very hard to do in 2ho, especially since most people triple team on GA fixers with specials ready you'll be close up giving them an advantage...I've been using a sol for range but i plan on raising perception to self equip a 8% VE (sol works well with mop too) for this purpose as the sol chironis is superior in range. Either a 8% VE or unless i manage to get a 10% or more llts. At 160 I plan on going CHS, though. From what i've seen CHS is worth the ip but a fixer cannot self equip one even at level 200, so dont plan on hotswapping if you use one.

From what i've seen smallfoe uses shotguns but i havent heard enough input...theres no shotgun fixer buff either so the attack rating wont be too great either...My suggestion is to stick with smg/smg hybrids.

Forget the summer SMP weapons, btw
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

After level 41 Use the Gamma Ejector that you find in Formans Dungeon which is NODROP. you will use this for Many Many levels.. then go with MCS or SOLs

I know fixader uses a chs & finds it quite good.. gets quite a good attack rating too, depends though I guess.

the mcs is a good main weapon for a number of reasons.
    very nice ATR.
    not bad crits and good normal damage.
    does chemical damage so its good against people with imp proj bracers (not many have chem ones on as first choice )
    with TIMs scope fires at 1/1.
    fast burst recycle and quite high bursts (i hit something for 4060 burst once with it).
    it is also good due to its low requirements in terms of trader debuffs. u should be able to stay at 100% or at lowest if u unlucky 75% being fully debuffed.

the CHS is quite good for alphas. better than the flash atm it seems cuase most people have energy bracers as first choice. plus the lower ATR usually results in cak FAs.
    CHS is not the best choice for main weapon imo.
    first of all u got less ATR than any other class cuase they can wear kheelar sleeves.
    debuffs from traders will effect u "alot" more than if u were using a mcs.
    u have to self equip a lower ql than anyone else. having it as your main weapon and not being able to self equip (e.g. ql 200) means u are stuck with 1 damage type. oponent changes bracers in current setup and u fecked.
    u gotta remain flexible and able to change gun and damage type depending on the situation.

Neophyte Hotpanties
    lvl 200 clan fixer rk1
    Member of Storm