Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great Birthday Giveaway Begins!

Quote Originally Posted by Moertje View Post
    What if :
    I want my privacy and thus wish not to be mentioned anywhere related to FC.
    ?
    First name, last initial, and town is not a breach of privacy. But I suppose there are paranoid people out there. We could sit here and argue all day about "What If" scenarios. FC erred in that they did not make it clear that they would publicize the winners, so now even if they wanted to, they can't. It's because of the same aforementioned "What If" scenario about the paranoid privacy person.

So, um, AO was released on June 27, 2001, right?

My birthday is June 27...

I expect big and expensive gift. ^^
    Avada "Nukealeet" Kedavra
    220 NT. Nanomage fan!
    Proud Board Member of Black Bands

PvP Setup | PvM Setup | Picture | Drawing
    Alts: Medical "Antibioleet" Drama (220 Nano Pistol Doc), Idontcast "Sirhumphrey" CI (215 Soli Bow Crat), Cruciatus "Pewpewaleet" Curse (157 Soli Assrifle Solja)
    Twinks, more or less: Voodoo "Babynukey" Nub (170 Nano NT), Illegal "Loethleet" Animagus (161 Soli Melee Adv), Blastended "Umbraleet" Skrewt (150 Nano Trader)

Insert lots of "first" and "only" here.

---------------------
    People don't quit playing because they grow old. They grow old because they quit playing.
    ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes (1809-1894)

Realistic question here :

If i have all the pre order stuff played the game and have my acct payed for a long time ect.

Can i just get a beta invite and a free item in AoC like some oh i dont know..monster sunglasses

ingame i never take mine off since i got them :P and i would love a pair in AoC if i won hehe ^__^
    Wilbemine : 220/23 opifex soldier

I haven't won anything yet.

What gives?
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

i havent got anything and i dont know anyone who has.
    and i was hoping one of my fr00b friends will get expansions and i will get a l33t

Question

if i have more than one account, can i choose which of em to upgrade to a free life-time account or which of em gets the pre-order bonus?

Ok, middle of June now. Patch 17.4 said stuff about special birthday related items being available during the birthday celebrations... It's middle of June...

No cake?
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

where's the party at, yo?
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

according to http://gridstream.org/gsp-nextgen/su...fo.aspx?id=379 party is at Reets, Glass Dance Floor, on RK1, I personally suspect that the Dim at least will vary over the estimated 3day party
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

Quote Originally Posted by Awi View Post
    Big gratz to :

Borat S. from Kusek, Kazakhstan
    HAHAHA Awi
    li·bi·do (lĭ-bē'dō, -bī'-) n. pl. li·bi·dos ♀+♂= hm♪hm♪♥Yes!
    The psychic and emotional energy associated with instinctual biological drives.
    Sexual desire. Manifestation of the sexual drive.
    [Origin: 1890–95; < L libīdō desire, willfulness, lust, akin to libēre to be pleasing]
    WolfHound W.H.O
    [
    [DoctorWhite]: Between 1b and real life friends which will you chose ? (Eyei, Whitesnipe)
    The story bout RL friend choosing 1b over friends
    Dr. White <----- May Money Be Your Only Friend and Comfort
    Stat-buffing implant ql250.Blitzin service, QL200 Grafts and stuff
    Libidowolf's Trip to find Felonwolf!

Quote Originally Posted by Peregryn View Post
    according to http://gridstream.org/gsp-nextgen/su...fo.aspx?id=379 party is at Reets, Glass Dance Floor, on RK1, I personally suspect that the Dim at least will vary over the estimated 3day party
    Is there a reason they are ignoring those of us on RK2, as well as those on RK3?

Quote Originally Posted by WisebutCruel View Post
    Is there a reason they are ignoring those of us on RK2, as well as those on RK3?
    I honestly do not think they will not stay on RK1 for three days of Partying, Probably at least some of the DJ's will elect to braodcast from either RK2 of 3 but only GSP Staff could truly answer that
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

Quote Originally Posted by Oforf View Post
    so does that mean a froob will have his account ninja-upgraded whether they want it or not? what if someone who wants to stay a froob wins?
    Stay on RK?
    Ventor: lvl 220 PVP-Engi (RK-2)...
    Edenbeast: lvl 129 adv
    Linchpin: lvl 32 agent
    Innerspirit: lvl 136 doc
    Trifixion: lvl 1 trader (froob transfer acct)

Theres gotta be someway to find out who won anything...

Because I havent got any info yet about it.

Anyone else know anything?

Darkness will Never Prevail - Nanomaster36 105/4 NT

Yeah I'd like to hear from some people who won the lifetime subs so we know they actually did give them away and that it wasn't just a scam to get people to play more!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

I must admit, I find it highly unlikely that every single person whoe won, especially lifetime accounts, wouldn't want to announce their joy at having done so.

I also find it impossible to fathom any legitimate reason for Funcom to demand they keep mum about it.

So, wonder what the deal really is?

Quote Originally Posted by WisebutCruel View Post
    I must admit, I find it highly unlikely that every single person whoe won, especially lifetime accounts, wouldn't want to announce their joy at having done so.

I also find it impossible to fathom any legitimate reason for Funcom to demand they keep mum about it.

So, wonder what the deal really is?
    Yeah, I'm very skeptical...these giveaways have been happening EVERY WEEK for the last 2 MONTHS and NO ONE has posted saying they won? I applaud FC on such a bold marketing scam.

If it does turn out that these giveaways did in fact take place, I apologize, but not until I see proof.
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Slave View Post
    Yeah, I'm very skeptical...these giveaways have been happening EVERY WEEK for the last 2 MONTHS and NO ONE has posted saying they won? I applaud FC on such a bold marketing scam.

If it does turn out that these giveaways did in fact take place, I apologize, but not until I see proof.
    I don't want to jump so far as to say it's a scam, as I'm sure FC is aware the playerbase would eventually find out and it would affect not only AO, but any of FC's games in the future.

I have come up with one scenario that is possible, I suppose. That would be that FC is indeed choosing the names every week, but plans to wait until all have been chosen and announce them all at once.

This scenario would indeed be acceptable, if that's the case. However, it would be in FC's interest to go a little more indepth as to how this contest is being run, instead of the vague description they have given so far which opens up far too many "what if" situations, as wll as unflattering speculation.

Yeah the "we'll be drawing a winner every week" thing didn't indicate to me that they were gong to wait until the very end to announce the winners...Oh well, I HOPE that is the case...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow_Slave View Post
    I guess only a very small minority of AO's players use the forums, not to mention that most likely even fewer froobs frequent the forums.
    On top of that, how many would actually go about shouting about it? I wouldn't I think, not for any particular reason, I just don't think I would have the need for it..
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast