Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Great Birthday Giveaway Begins!

Quote Originally Posted by ForumTroll View Post
    how do you want to do this, I'm sure I don't want my account name posted...
    Well why not forum name (linked to account ofc), or else a toon of your choice to be named? Surely it's better than having no one announced and then FC looks like they ran a fake contest.
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Hmmm, I haven't won anything yet. What gives? I need a leet pet!
    Causes:
    Make the battlestation a reality for all levels!
    FC, we need Noob Island fixed!
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Amateur CoH Chest Detective
    Temporarily out of game due to XBL. I shall return.

KAES
    Breakdown: Achiever 53.33%, Explorer 46.67%, Killer 60.00%, Socializer 40.00%.

Ditto, I need a nice cuddly leet to play with.

And I will hug and love him, and pet him, and I will call him George.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Well why not forum name (linked to account ofc), or else a toon of your choice to be named? Surely it's better than having no one announced and then FC looks like they ran a fake contest.
    Not everyone even has a forum account. Definitely not the free accounts.
    That's actually an interesting question, what percentage of the accounts actually bother posting in the forums?
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Hard to trust

After hearing and seeing what some MAs have been doing for in game friends I find it hard to think that this birthday give aways will be given fairly. It is even more frustrating when you hear that people may get banned for buying accounts and then again finding out that some MA goes and set up a friend with paid account (s), credits and many other things. Rumor has it that people can get banned for buying credits.

There are double standards happening and it sucks that as gamers we can't do anything about it. AO is an old boys club and could use a good cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    After hearing and seeing what some MAs have been doing for in game friends I find it hard to think that this birthday give aways will be given fairly. It is even more frustrating when you hear that people may get banned for buying accounts and then again finding out that some MA goes and set up a friend with paid account (s), credits and many other things. Rumor has it that people can get banned for buying credits.

There are double standards happening and it sucks that as gamers we can't do anything about it. AO is an old boys club and could use a good cleaning.

I am sorry, I am confused what this has to do with the Birthday giveaway.

And wtb leet
    RK1 Brammath MA 220 / 25 / 70 Pic 1 Pic 2
    RK1 Bramm Trader 220 / 16 / 53
    RK1 Brammbo Sold 210 / 18 / 50 X Sec 10 Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by scarycrow View Post
    I am sorry, I am confused what this has to do with the Birthday giveaway.

And wtb leet
    I'm also confused. Probably he has some issues with some MA, but I can't figure out the connection.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

It's simple, who says that some MAs won't be giving the prizes to friends instead of being legit. Stuff like this happens and I am confident funcom will do nothing

The only prizes an MA can give to one of his friend is a punch in the face or a backflip kick in the groin. So I have no problem with that and I doubt FC would do anything anyway indeed...

*scratches head* perhaps he means GM's? though if this was true I can only caution this poster against placeing to much faith in rumour's.

As it is unlikely GM's would be setting up ingame friends with any Benefits. They are in-fact bound much more tightly than the average player in regards in-game conduct with their GM' Account and bound by NDA from revealing info with any "play" account they may have. Remember that as a player the worst that can happen is getting banned, while they can get fired -and- banned.
    Only through the exercise of free will can the soul grow; only through courage in the face of temptation and pain can the spirit soar.

Quote Originally Posted by Peregryn View Post
    *scratches head* perhaps he means GM's? ...
    Oh? But I actually meant GM too...

Well whatever. Still does not make any sence and from his reply still makes no sence.

Moving on, who has won so far?
    RK1 Brammath MA 220 / 25 / 70 Pic 1 Pic 2
    RK1 Bramm Trader 220 / 16 / 53
    RK1 Brammbo Sold 210 / 18 / 50 X Sec 10 Farmer

Pffft, if he means GM he should say GM, is that so hard?

And if you have facts to present, present them. If you want to spread rumors, I heard of a nice game called WoW, you can go there and spread your rumors.

So, what is the big secret? There have been a couple birthday giveaways and not one person has come to the forum and gloat about winning?? What gives?? I think at the very least FC should post First name, Last Initial & town/country of all the winners. Without it, or at least someone "claiming" they won a prize, it all seems rather suspect..

Quote Originally Posted by Tifanyx View Post
    So, what is the big secret? There have been a couple birthday giveaways and not one person has come to the forum and gloat about winning?? What gives?? I think at the very least FC should post First name, Last Initial & town/country of all the winners. Without it, or at least someone "claiming" they won a prize, it all seems rather suspect..
    Why shouldn't funcom let anyone win?
    it's not like 10 free accounts would make them go bankrupt...
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Quote Originally Posted by ForumTroll View Post
    Why shouldn't funcom let anyone win?
    it's not like 10 free accounts would make them go bankrupt...
    Did you read my post??

I said nothing about FC not letting people win. I believe there truly are winners, I just think they should be announced in some form. Like:

Congrats to:

AoC Beta Invites:

John D. from Olso, Norway
    Jane D. from , British Columbia, Canada.

Lifetime Account Winner
    Bob S. North Carolina, USA

Leet Pet winners:
    Sally S. from San Juan, Puerto Rico
    Alan B. from Michigan, USA

Jobe Lux winners:
    Peter L. from Okinawa, Japan
    Borat S. from Kusek, Kazakhstan
    What I'm asking for is not Rocket Science, just a little something to promote the giveaway. If FC actually shows that they've given stuff away the chances of more people logging in to get in on the free phatz is greater. FC made people fall into the "I'll believe it when I see it" wormhole. Now is the time to pull them out.

Big gratz to :

Borat S. from Kusek, Kazakhstan
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar View Post
    Can you weight the Beta invites based on account signup date pls? I'd like 6 years worth of chances
    I approve of this
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Quote Originally Posted by Tifanyx View Post
    Did you read my post??

I said nothing about FC not letting people win. I believe there truly are winners, I just think they should be announced in some form. Like:

What I'm asking for is not Rocket Science, just a little something to promote the giveaway. If FC actually shows that they've given stuff away the chances of more people logging in to get in on the free phatz is greater. FC made people fall into the "I'll believe it when I see it" wormhole. Now is the time to pull them out.
    What if :
    I want my privacy and thus wish not to be mentioned anywhere related to FC.
    ?
    ->Moertje 220/21 - Side tokens collected 2500.
    - Real Life Yutto - of TETN :teeth: / - Atlantean //Current PVM Setup// PVP Setup//PVP swapping Setup

->Mulisch 150/4 - Side tokens collected 16 - wtf melee? (retired)
    ->Amoer 150/9 - friendly neighbourhood Trader!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast