Thread: Buggy Containers

Exclamation Buggy Containers

If I have a container(backpack) just in my inventory and inside the container is an item(helmet, hood, weapon) and if I RIGHT click on that item it used to go directly onto the character and whatever it replaced came into the backpack and in the case of weapons/clothing/armor the character will be updated so that she is wearing the item.

Since the patch(13.0) the item 'seems' to go on to the character but the avatar is NOT updated. I have to zone for this update.

Oh and last night AO crashed when I did this. After I relogged the item that should have gone into the backpack was no where to be found. I lost my newbie shield this way.

I don't understand how this bug got through the Quality Control team? And did FC say items should not move around in your backpack/inventory everytime you zone? Hello? It STILL happens to me. I organize my backpack the way I want it and after I zone, I look inside to see tons of empty spots on top and all of my items are way at the bottom. And if it's full, although I see all the empty spots it says I can't put anything else in.

This is so silly. I mean, how hard is it to set an array and assign items to each array? I know that all C++ people love to use pointers but in this case pointers do not seem to work very well. Go open a fortran book and learn how to use arrays and redo the inventory control please.

Or fix the gui of inventory to that of Diablo. I'd rather see something like that than having to scroll down 25 empty boxes (which are NOT empty) to get to my items.

Also, regarding generic box things with question marks whenever you put an item down. How hard is it to make an 'icon' for each type of an item? I mean, at least make just ONE icon PER type of an item so we can SEE what the heck it is! This I swear would probably take 1 day for 1 person to do. ONE icon for a gun, sword, armor, clothing, etc. They don't even have to have a high polygon count.

But I digress...

~ d i e m o n d ~

Medium size bags seem to have an issue too.

I died last night and went to the reclaim terminal, only to find that not only was my equipment there, but 3 bags from my bank box.

I took them to the bank and they had gone.

The funniest part is trying to get medium bags in and out of reclaim terminals or the bank. You can spend hours playing a whole new sub-game.