Thread: OTPC: Something in the sewers

OTPC: Something in the sewers

Something in the sewers
    April 15, 29481 - Shin Takami [Global]

OTPC - Earlier today, we, at OTPC, received a disturbing report, from a sanitation worker, in Omni-1 Entertainment. This reporter was sent to interview the worker, who has requested to remain anonymous, I have therefore named him, SW. After a formal greeting, I proceeded with the interview.

Takami: Could you please tell us what happened the other night?

SW: You know, I was just minding my business, cleaning up after a big party over at Rompa's. They can really throw some gigs over at that joint, music blasting, people stumbling out the doors all intoxicated and the women in those really tight tights, Ya kno?

Reporter: Well… Yes, but I was hoping you would tell us about that other matter.

SW: Ahhh! Yeah right! Ya want to know about the 'Body'. Well I ain't seen nothing like it really. I heard this scream. It was more like an inhuman squeal. I went looking but it was real foggy like, eerie if ya ask me. I headed on over to the docks. I don't usually head over that way at night, the place is deserted after the flood except for a few less desirables, if ya kno what I mean.

Takami: Yes, I have heard that area can be very dangerous, especially at night. Please continue.

SW: Well, I had to go find where that noise was coming from course by the time I got there it went all quiet. I’d be darned if that were not the exact time me batteries went out on me! The flashlight just died out ya kno? It always seems to happen that way. I usually bring spares, but I left them in my other tool belt.

Takami: You mentioned you found something out there?

SW: Well so, I went poking around by the shore, by just the light of the moons. That was when I saw it. It kind off looked like a pile oh garbage had washed up on the shore there. Just a pile of… Something, ya kno? Well, I went over and poked at it with me broom, but it didn’t move, so I turned it over. That got my skin all jumping, and I inhaled and forgot to exhale, and I think me heart skipped a beat.

Takami: What was it?

SW: Well, it had a Face.... Well what was left of it anyway. Looked like something had been munching on it, with big ole bite marks and a few missing limbs. I tell ya! It reminds me of one of those bronto burger’s, alone in a group of hungry atrox. It was such a mess, that I barely manage to find out, that it was a girl, and a pretty one too. It seems like such a waste, of a good woman, ya kno?

Takami: What did you do after finding the body?

SW: What ya think I did? I ran the hell away! I did manage to run into one of the lads from Omni-Pol, Ivan’s gang. He said they would look into it, but I dunno if they found out what happened out there. Gotta tell you though, this whole incident have made me, pull out ma old shotgun, Betty, ya can see her hanging in me belt. She actually has quite a history to her, would ya like to hear it?

Takami: Maybe… Some other time…

We followed up on this report by talking to Omni-Pol and asked for any information on the body that was found. Their official comment was "We have recovered a body, believed to be a female solitus. The body has not yet been identified. The situation is under investigation and anyone with information is asked to report it to an Omni-Pol officer."
    We are conducting our own investigation into this matter and will report any new information as it is received

Its either hungry mutants, hungry aliens, or the Omni-Pol cops ran out of donuts again *Laughs* But seriously its probably some critter thats come in for some free meals just blast them.

I hope this is an isolated incident. I have been investigating something for the past 2-3 months now, and it turns me up clues like this. If this is what I think this is, it was only a matter of time, before it spreads.

I wont talk to Pols. You either send me a trustable neutral party, or you get nothin'.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

most likely it will turn up to be zora after overusing stims again
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Its far worse than that. I wish you were right tho. I really do.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

....please don't tell me it is what I think it is. Please please please...*growls under his breath*
    Last edited by Nulion; Apr 16th, 2007 at 04:36:58.
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

Which is?
    Point Blank

I can't really say, without....well...damaging my reputation even more. Let's just keep it at that.
    220 Finalizer (FINALLY, after 3 years without a single ding!) Nulion, Squad Commander (And Council of Truth Clerical Staffer) of Alpha Omega

Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly...Suddenly I awoke...Now, I do not know whether I was then
    a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming that I am a man. - Chuang Tzu

I see. It's the ol' "I know a secret, but I'm not gonna tell you about it" ploy. That either means that you'd like to say something (otherwise you wouldn't have told people you know something), or in fact you know nothing and are just enjoying the attention.

More in relation to the case itself, I'm wondering why the person's insurance would not have kicked in. Since insurance has become so affordable these past several years, I'm not aware of anyone who doesn't have it. The other option is that the person was insured, and doesn't want to be found; that would explain why they haven't come forward to identify their own body.

Regardless of the person's reasoning or lack of planning, the cause of the gruesome death should be investigated as it does sound rather unusual.
    Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang ((Rimor))
    Roleplaying Profile of Bastian "Feyde" Wolfgang
    The story continues: "Live by the Sword..."

Oh please, don't pull that with me....I DO know what I'm talking about, but my problem is with how public this is.

If you want to contact me sometime and ask about it, feel free to; my line's open.

In the meantime, here's hoping we learn more about what this actually is, and not just what we THINK it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: OTPC View Post
    I’d be darned if that were not the exact time me batteries went out on me! The flashlight just died out ya kno?
    batteries went obsolete thousands of years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Feyde View Post
    I see. It's the ol' "I know a secret, but I'm not gonna tell you about it" ploy. That either means that you'd like to say something (otherwise you wouldn't have told people you know something), or in fact you know nothing and are just enjoying the attention.
    My friend reflects my thoughts completely. You want answers, my door is always open. Wide spead panic is nothing short of retarded at this point. Besides, I can think of many many more fun ways of getting attention, then just throwing 2 creds in a hat here on open forum.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Armadyl View Post
    batteries went obsolete thousands of years ago...
    it's omni-tek, what did u expect
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    it's omni-tek, what did u expect
    maybe he likes to use antiques, see the shotty comment "She actually has quite a history to her"..
    or was a family heirloom... who knows...
    Last edited by Aerya; Apr 18th, 2007 at 01:53:31.
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

Quote Originally Posted by Aerya View Post
    maybe he likes to use antiques, see the shotty comment "She actually has quite a history to her"..
    or was a family heirloom... who knows...
    as far as i'm concerned omnis are antiques on their own

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    I wont talk to Pols. You either send me a trustable neutral party, or you get nothin'.
    I resent that, being a part of Omni-Pol and all.
    anyway, I think this could have started with some illegal actions taking place near that body of water, and the victim happend to 'fall in' after it was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayika View Post
    I resent that, being a part of Omni-Pol and all.
    anyway, I think this could have started with some illegal actions taking place near that body of water, and the victim happend to 'fall in' after it was over.
    I 'spose I should warn you now then, that in time you just might resent me alot. Might as well get that outta the way now.

Anything could have happened really. People die, and that's as natural as rain on a sunday morning. Coulda been animals, mutants, a freak accident, ... zombie attack... who knows?

I just hope it aint what I think it is. Because its pretty nasty with the lil bits I already know. In time, the reality could be far worse.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Hey Bubba is this thing something we all should worry about or just the Poor Omlets. If it is something we all need to worry about maybe we should form some hunting parties on our own Alliance initiatives and see if we can track this thing down and deal with it. Just a suggestion. Unless of course this one of those things like say the aliens where we need as much help as we can get.
    "The most persistent sound which reverberates through man's history is the beating of war drums."-Arthur Koestler
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

There is a join effort underway as we speak.. with clan, neutral, and omni people looking into the aforementioned viral threat. I am quite sure when Omni-med releases a public statement on the matter.. we will all know more. They are far better trained to scrutinize the threat better than just lil ol me. But, rest assure more than a handful of people are doing their best to learn everything they can.

But top answer your question plainly, anyone and everyone is at risk.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    There is a join effort underway as we speak.. with clan, neutral, and omni people looking into the aforementioned viral threat.
    I'd be happy to join, we may disagree on some things, but this is a much bigger problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfekt View Post
    HEALTH WARNING: This reply was made on equipment that also produces sarcasm. Reply may contain bits of sarcasm as a result.
    Go go Godzilla! (Please)
    Please give us solo LE missions, FC
    Xaun's Big List O Suggestions