Thread: Trade Skillz

Trade Skillz

is there ever gonna be a patch or fix so that a person duznt have to go out and kill a bunch of stuff to get better at mechanical engineering? It would be more realistic and alot more fun if you could lvl trade skills apart from everything else, how does shooting things or cutting them up make a person better at tutoring? there is no such thing as a tradesman. that would be great if there were. for example, say i made a trader and just sat around all day long building swords or sumthing, in say a month or so, i would still be lvl 1, but i could make really cool swords and sell them, see wut im sayin? i just dont understand y this game is anti tradeskill. and another thing, even killing things wont get your trade skills up, because you dont get nearly enough ip, if you give all to trade skills you cant get good enough weapons to kill the next level of mobs, is there ever gonna be an update for trade skills?

Just a few points to chew over...

Firstly, tradeskills are also combat skills for Engineers as we need them to build and equip a decent set of robot trimmers. At lower levels, Engineers tend to be better at tradeskills than Traders. Traders start to come into their own when they are able to cast the decent tradeskill buffs, which obviously relies more on nanoskills than on tradeskills.

Secondly, before tradeskills could work in the manner you describe, they'd have to be profitable, otherwise how would you afford the parts for your swords? ATM there are very few tradeskills that actually allow you to turn a profit, because the weapons you can build don't appear to have been updated since launch. Obviously, this needs fixing before any sort of pure tradeskill system could feasibly work.

Lastly weaponsmithing is bugged fairly badly right now. This needs to be fixed before tradeskills can become a part of the Rubi-kan economy.

Cheers,

~R~

See Mr Jig you _can_ be polite and type correctly when you want to.

Well done you
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Gotta agree with this one.

How hard can it be for FC to give trade skills a little more xp, it's not as if it would make trade skill profs a huge advantage.

I would also say, why are all trade skill weapons rubbish?
    You make a gun, finding the parts, paying about 50 times more than the gun is worth, and what do you get? A gun that no one wants!

They give us MRRs to improve weapons, but then they cost a lot and they only improve weapons they very few people use!

Basically trade skills need a complete revamp.

They should increase the XP from tradeskills by 10 times i think. So instead of 22000 ql200 implants to get my next level 168 it would only be 2200. And if i include all 4 steps stripping and 3 clusters that means i would only have to start with 550 implants to get a level. So if i did a complete set of ql200 implants for 43 people i would get a level assuming the implants weren't empty/
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Intrepid i respect you.

But what the hell did you just say?

A thought (prepares for flames)

The Fixers have a levelable item called an NCU: Hacker Interface. This was created by FC as a (half-hearted) attempt at bolstering our frankly pathetic nano skills. So why not something similar for Engis? an item you can upgrade every level that gives a slight boost to tradeskills, enough to make you the masters again..and maybe a line of buffs that help as well..or an engineer's armor that boosts all trades, that you could wear when out of combat.
    General Hershel "Kasimir" Jurik

President of Division 9 R.S.G.E

Fixer
    RK-1

Braumiester of the Pagan Bartenders, wielder of dual SSo8s

Stealer of hearts, creds, and anything not nailed down!

Lightbulb if i understand correctly

Originally posted by ArchRave
    Intrepid i respect you.

But what the hell did you just say?
    tradeskills net xp based upon the difficulty for each trade skill step you do.

so intrepid calculated the number of work steps he needed to do an implant (3 if its an empty implant and 4 if the implant has to be stripped of old clusters before), multiplied this by the number of implant slots in a full set and found that he needed to create more then 400 FULL SETS of implants to ding from lvl 167 to 168.

which is not exactly encouraging him to invest into trade skills.

now with the proposal he made he would at least see the xp bar move - a very important psychologal effect!

edit: oh and if somebody is worried about a trade skill char leveling like mad by getting fed cash and stripping and reprogramming implants i can only say - lol.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.