Thread: ((OOC)) a discussion

((OOC)) a discussion

It has come to my attention ~a lot ~ lately about what to do with Roleplaying threads that are OOC.

Some feel that this forum thread is for in character posts only...others feel that even OOC thread has a place here in the Buzz.

You are the players..tell me what you think. If you believe the OOC should go to another forum...which one?

Thanks!

Jandell
    Coordinator Jandell
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Community Relations
    Forums Moderation

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: ARK Public Website ::

I believe OOC posts about RP (for example suggestions how to improve RP/events/storylines/whatever) belongs on the Buzz or a sub section of the buzz. It does definately not belong in Life on Atlantean where it will only get flamed to he** and back from people who do not care the slightest for this part of the game. Its a disgrace for the poster to get his/hers ideas flamed and a disgrace towards the RP community that we can not have a propper discussion without interferance from people who couldn't care less. My 2 cents
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

I am in 100% agreement with Nuser.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

this is the place for RP discussions -- there are other threads for the OOC or PVP oreinted stuff. But as said before if the OOC is for the benefit of the RPer - no problem. I read these threads for the love of the RPing - not the other stuff I can read anywhere...

I also agree with Nuser. Besides, it's not like this board is so busy that IC threads would get lost among OOC threads.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Agreed. you can warp the threads to LoA all you want, but you'll get a negative response from the non-RPers every time. Or at least one poking fun with "OMG RP DIEDIEDIE! :P "

There are a lot of OOC issues cropping up with RP, and it'd be nice to mull it over here with the others.
    Point Blank

I kinda like the subsection idea.

Say when you click on the Buzz you get 2 choices. IC/OOC

Whadaya think?
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Nuser hit the nail on the head
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

I totally agree with Nuser. Personnally, whether we use a ((OOC) tag in the title of the post or have a subsection on the forum, I don't care either way. What I care about is not seeing threads spammed by idiots in the LoA forum, especially when the original poster took much time to think about and write his/her post.

Not every OOC post has its place in the Buzz, of course (if someone posts a "OOC: want to down <mob X> with me?", it indeed has nothing to do in here -- I've seen some of those already, hence why I'm mentioning this example). However, when it's directly related to RP-meetings, storyline-creation, events organization and the likes, it's better in my opinion to have it here, rather than in another forum in which RP isn't the main focus, and where the post will be ignored at best, flamed at worst.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Yep...am with everyone else. Nuser got it right on the head
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Roleplaying related threads will easily get lost if they are not on The Buzz. And almost any other forum has the wrong audience for them. I would not mind having the odd OOC thread here if it is related to roleplaying.

If there is an option for a new forum for OOC roleplaying related posts, I am not sure if it will be used much. We do not get that many OOC posts anyways.
    Engineer General Virta, Omni-Pol. Not in active service.

Roleplaying Profile of Jimi "Virta" Hendrix

I noticed that someone has been policing that thread that Berael wrote and thats very welcome.

I bring that up because an ooc forum for roleplayers would likely get the same spam that LoA does. I say they just allow us to make ooc threads in the Buzz but announce it in the title. OOC: Discussion of blah blah.

This way the spammers that normally avoid the buzz would not get a new forum to flame.

totally agreed! Thank you Jandell! All RP belongs in Buzz or editors news!

Thanks everyone for your feedback. If I receive continued complaints of OOC posts in the buzz, I will let them know that this is where the RP community wants them.
    Coordinator Jandell
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Community Relations
    Forums Moderation

:: Social Guidelines ::
    :: ARK Public Website ::

agreed with nuser maybe the forums could have an buzz subsection for ooc, and the main buzz for ic keeps it "clean", and those rp-haters won't spam flame all our rp posts saying "rp to hell" or whatever
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.