blah

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    Code:
    Full Auto
    Aimed Shot - Sneak Attack
    Burst      - Brawl
    Fling Shot - Fast Attack
               - Dimach
    How exactly do melee have more specials than ranged?

Yet again, Showoff dazzles with his astounding insights.
    Have you EVER seen a solja/agent/fixer/ranged adv with ALL those specials? Without hotswap? NO
    Have you ever seen a melee with FA/SA/Dimach? Yes and that's without ANY hotswap, can hit while moving and if you're not gimp they cap 95%of times.
    Talking about FA/SA/AS/Burst/Dimach from agents is just hilarious rly. Using that you have to make HUGE compromise, and by compromise i mean: lower nano skills, lower evades. That cripples effectiveness of ANY agent in ANY other situation except PvP. On top of that there are only very few agents with that sort of alpha and remember 90% of those don't even use it right.

I'd like to see root grafts out of the game. It's not part of melee toolset so why would they have it? Why would anyone have it?
    Melee already have more runspeed then ranged except fixers so anyone saying it's not true lies. Lowering cap for ranged users is absurd as you guys already beat us BY FAR.
    You get the target not in range everytime when you are lagged. But you get it most often on perks not on special attacks. Big difference!
    Quit bitching about ranged being overpowered pls. You have the power to tare apart ANY ranged toon, except fixers with perks up. When you will lack that power THEN ask for more, till then you are perfectly fine.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Showoff View Post
    Have you EVER seen a solja/agent/fixer/ranged adv with ALL those specials? Without hotswap? NO
    WRONG i've seen agents with AS, FA, Burst and fling w/o hotswaping, ofc 99.99% of all fixers have burst, FA, AS, fling (hawk + onehander), ranged advies omg they use jobe pistol + onehander again burst, FA, AS and fling.

haven't seen a solja yet, but my lowbie solja have all 4 specials

YES, I see it every day on my fixer.
    Have you ever seen a melee with FA/SA/Dimach? Yes and that's without ANY hotswap, can hit while moving and if you're not gimp they cap 95%of times.
    I must be gimp, I don't have SA and FA/Dimach never caps.
    Talking about FA/SA/AS/Burst/Dimach from agents is just hilarious rly. Using that you have to make HUGE compromise, and by compromise i mean: lower nano skills, lower evades. That cripples effectiveness of ANY agent in ANY other situation except PvP. On top of that there are only very few agents with that sort of alpha and remember 90% of those don't even use it right.
    That's wrong, you can still be good in PvM even with all this. Even if Cheree was flamed everytime, I think he proved that. And let me laugh about agents evades, hahaha, thx.

I'd like to see root grafts out of the game. It's not part of melee toolset so why would they have it? Why would anyone have it?
    Melee already have more runspeed then ranged except fixers so anyone saying it's not true lies.
    Well I'll lie again, melee don't have more rs than ranged. You choose to not implant RS it's your choice like I didn't implant heal delta where it's not in my symbs.

Lowering cap for ranged users is absurd as you guys already beat us BY FAR.
    That's why you see so many support profs use swords!
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by sskiller View Post
    no1 cares about regular hits anyway, but this MP bow has soooo big chance to cap AS
    To bad that's about all we can (not all of us tho) cap here. No fancy damage perks, no fancy nukes, no pet that has insane AR...
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    I'm ranged, i'm an agent. I get the target must be in range almost every time. WE ALL GET IT. (No dice.. comparing getting it from 40m away vs 4m is not even funny.. trying to use your max range and not being able to must suck.. but I highly doubt you are standing on someones head and getting this message..)

/fixed
    Well, I'm getting it from 5-10 meters away (perk with 20 m range). The other problem is, most of my perks have to be chained to actualy do some damage, compared to most of melee perks that doesn't.

Next time try it out on your ranged alt, if you have one, and then come back here. Not to mention I can land quark containment field only if I sit on someones face first. That perk is supposed to have 22 m range.

And the same melee dork that I was chasing had no problem perking me. Not much of use of me having ranged perks and stuff, aite?

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Code:
    Full Auto
    Aimed Shot - Sneak Attack
    Burst      - Brawl
    Fling Shot - Fast Attack
               - Dimach
    How exactly do melee have more specials than ranged?

Yet again, Showoff dazzles with his astounding insights.
    Kyai, 90% of melee profs use AS too.

That's three unavoidable attacks for 80% of melee profs (10% less cos, say, keepers rarely use SA), compared to only 5% of agents that use dimach/SA/AS combo.

<3

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

OFAB Hawk Mk5 + Onehander = You're an idiot.

The only melee profs who have every special are advs, and 1hb/sneak enforcers. Shades do not have brawl or damage dimach, 2he enforcers do not have sneak, keepers have neither sneak nor damage dimach, 2hb enforcers don't have sneak.

Dimach is on a 30 min cooldown.

Feel free to keep making a fool of yourself though.

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

OFAB Hawk Mk5 + Onehander = You're an idiot.

The only melee profs who have every special are advs, and 1hb/sneak enforcers. Shades do not have brawl or damage dimach, 2he enforcers do not have sneak, keepers have neither sneak nor damage dimach, 2hb enforcers don't have sneak.

Dimach is on a 30 min cooldown.

Feel free to keep making a fool of yourself though.
    you forgot MAs with dimach/brawl and with sneak attck but thats with hotswapping

Well, I'm getting it from 5-10 meters away (perk with 20 m range). The other problem is, most of my perks have to be chained to actualy do some damage, compared to most of melee perks that doesn't.

Next time try it out on your ranged alt, if you have one, and then come back here. Not to mention I can land quark containment field only if I sit on someones face first. That perk is supposed to have 22 m range.

And the same melee dork that I was chasing had no problem perking me. Not much of use of me having ranged perks and stuff, aite?
    erm come again? you made 0 sense in your post.. and PS look at my sig.. all my alts are ranged... and setup for pvp

wait correction.. I have a lowbie keeper which I "was" going to twink.. but am now considering rerolling to fixer or solja once I make up my mind on the topic..

and to showoff.. all I can say is.. I laugh out loud every time you post keep em coming please..
    Last edited by Xaun; Apr 25th, 2007 at 16:59:03.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggysmallz View Post
    This thread is all about server sync issues but if you are starting to talk how nice ranged specials are comparing to melee, why don't you roll agent then? or MP actually because they have best AS weapon ingame atm.

oh and keepers are teh nerfestest!
    I have an TL7 agent...your point is? Ranged is overpowered? I knew that allready
    ***Zacix***
    President
    of
    ***Underworld***
    Equipment

"It's widely believed that Jesus was Chuck Norris' stunt double for crucifixion due to the fact that it is impossible for nails to pierce Chuck Norris' skin."

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    erm come again? you made 0 sense in your post.. and PS look at my sig.. all my alts are ranged... and setup for pvp
    True, doesn't make sense when I have to be 5 meters away from my target to fire my "ranged" perk that has official range of 20 meters.

What I'm trying to say here is, ranged professions have the same "not in range" issues if our targets are moving.

So? What should we do then? Increase our range to 60 m?

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

True, doesn't make sense when I have to be 5 meters away from my target to fire my "ranged" perk that has official range of 20 meters.

What I'm trying to say here is, ranged professions have the same "not in range" issues if our targets are moving.

So? What should we do then? Increase our range to 60 m?
    I don't know what perks you are using, but if it is Starfall, then the range on "Dazzle with lights" is 25 meters, and the range of the rest of the perks in that line is 35 meters.

Now imagine what it must be like when the range is only 3 meters, compared to the range of at least 20 meters on yours...
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I don't know what perks you are using, but if it is Starfall, then the range on "Dazzle with lights" is 25 meters, and the range of the rest of the perks in that line is 35 meters.

Now imagine what it must be like when the range is only 3 meters, compared to the range of at least 20 meters on yours...
    I'm using Quark Containment Field, Hostile Takeover and Chaotic Assumption. I gave up of Starfall perkline because it has to be chained and it too suffers "Target is not in range" if the target is not rooted in place.

I can imagine that most of 3 m perks don't have to be chained so, at least, it's less annoying.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Don't even know why dimach enters the discussion, it's a 30 minute recharge for most melee profs and rarely comes into play in BS.

Whee one dimach per BS round.

I wonder that too. Then I think Showoff is going for the 2007 Wilsonat award.
    QFT!!
    Keepthor 220/14 Omni Trox Keeper
    Healzthor 214/16 Omni Opi Doctor
    Shadythor 164/5 Omni Opi Shade
    Engithor 138/4 Omni Soli Engineer
    Fixthor 126/7 Omni Opi Fixer

Some other random alts....

I can imagine that most of 3 m perks don't have to be chained so, at least, it's less annoying.
    You've never played a shade on BS have you?

Not only do you have to be in range for the perks, but also behind the target...

Quote Originally Posted by roughead View Post
    WRONG i've seen agents with AS, FA, Burst and fling w/o hotswaping, ofc 99.99% of all fixers have burst, FA, AS, fling (hawk + onehander), ranged advies omg they use jobe pistol + onehander again burst, FA, AS and fling.

haven't seen a solja yet, but my lowbie solja have all 4 specials
    Not all ranged advies use a one hander, and if I'm not mistaken the one-hander is about to get a nerf anyway. *shrug* So for me it's an FA that misses most of the time, burst, and fling.

Theo
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    You've never played a shade on BS have you?
    No, I haven't and I'm not planning to.

Not only do you have to be in range for the perks, but also behind the target...
    Well, praise FC for that. If it's not like that, they would be a little overpowered, don't you think. BTW, with all the backstabbing and all that is involved with it, it actualy makes sense.
    Last edited by Klod; Apr 25th, 2007 at 22:19:04.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

What he means is that the alpha power of melee professions is arguably more than ranged professions, as most of the time they can do things like stun, or use a supernova ontop of perk specials and melee specials.

He has a point there. Keepers, Enforcers, MA's, Shades and Melee Adventurers can put out some serious alpha hurt.

Which pretty much means all melee put out some alpha hurt of their own, not all ranged users can stake that claim.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast