Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Review: Melle professions

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Okay then tell the devs their mechanics are flawed because I kept getting hit for over 6k.
    my soldier with ams4, gets hit for about 3k full autos. I've hit soldiers who had tms x on them(because of the 136 dmg i would get hit back with) for roughly 3.3k full autos.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdoc View Post
    You dont really know the mechanics do you? you stated that your keeper gets hit for 40% through 72% reflect. The MAX possible dmg a fullauto can do through 72% reflect is 4200. The max possible aimedshot dmg would be 13000*0.28 = 3640.

Of course, the AS could still potentially eat your cocoon.

Good, then stick with HM
    I'm sure someone else knows hows this works a little better than me but i'll try and tell you why the dmg goes over 4200 now. 15k is the pvm dmg cap if i remember right FA can do something like 50k(not sure exactly on this number) dmg. the amount of reflect dmg is calculated before the PvM cap is calculated. so 50000*.28= 14000/2=7500. Same goes for AS but i am not sure of what the dmg is on that one. This is why solds and anyone else with reflects can get capped through their reflects aka the reflect nerf.
    Darkkblood level 220 MA AI:18

Darkmetals level 149 Eng AI:0

Did you read my post at all ? You could have done it while quoting atleast. Please it's pretty short give it a go.

Here I'll explain it to you, I don't get hit for 4200, I get hit for ALOT MORE THEN THAT, WITH ALOT OF REFLECT.
    Nope. Simply isnt happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkblood View Post
    I'm sure someone else knows hows this works a little better than me but i'll try and tell you why the dmg goes over 4200 now. 15k is the pvm dmg cap if i remember right FA can do something like 50k(not sure exactly on this number) dmg. the amount of reflect dmg is calculated before the PvM cap is calculated. so 50000*.28= 14000/2=7500. Same goes for AS but i am not sure of what the dmg is on that one. This is why solds and anyone else with reflects can get capped through their reflects aka the reflect nerf.
    Again nope, simply isnt happening. The true raw cap is 13/15K then reduced by reflects - And that's how it works, period. Anyone claming anything different isnt giving real numbers right now or doesnt understand the mechanics behind it.

You could do a 40% hit through AMS if you're lucky, but only vs low HP. Vs 75% reflect you will NEVER do a FA that is more than 3750 damage, or an AS that is more than 3250.

In addition to that, when you use RRFE as an example, people will be hit capped through RRFE as the caps through RRFE are 9100 for AS, and 10500 for FA. Obviously in these cases such damage is enough to force a 40% hit on the vast majority of players, should a player actually get lucky enough to do FA's and AS's that high.
    Last edited by Kinkstaah; Apr 21st, 2007 at 21:52:19.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

humm maybe your right I have no real reflect experience in pvp other than reflect bracers and rrfe I was going by what i read a month or two ago which was probably false info.
    Darkkblood level 220 MA AI:18

Darkmetals level 149 Eng AI:0

Okay then tell the devs their mechanics are flawed because I kept getting hit for over 6k.
    or you're just a liar

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Nope. Simply isnt happening.

Again nope, simply isnt happening. The true raw cap is 13/15K then reduced by reflects - And that's how it works, period. Anyone claming anything different isnt giving real numbers right now or doesnt understand the mechanics behind it.

You could do a 40% hit through AMS if you're lucky, but only vs low HP. Vs 75% reflect you will NEVER do a FA that is more than 3750 damage, or an AS that is more than 3250.

In addition to that, when you use RRFE as an example, people will be hit capped through RRFE as the caps through RRFE are 9100 for AS, and 10500 for FA. Obviously in these cases such damage is enough to force a 40% hit on the vast majority of players, should a player actually get lucky enough to do FA's and AS's that high.
    I'll bet you that if we were to test your theory in the arena, with me getting rrfe, using 6% barrier nano, 4% reflect proc, and 32% reflect perk (that's 72% total reflect for those of you who can't add), you could still 40% cap me (which is about 6700 dmg) through it all.
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by lusthorne View Post
    I'll bet you that if we were to test your theory in the arena, with me getting rrfe, using 6% barrier nano, 4% reflect proc, and 32% reflect perk (that's 72% total reflect for those of you who can't add), you could still 40% cap me (which is about 6700 dmg) through it all.
    I'm willing to bet billions of credits against it, actually. If for some insano reason it doesnt happen the way I predict it then congratulations, you found a bug - NOT something that is working properly
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by lusthorne View Post
    13000*0.28=3640

3640/0.4=9100

You only have 9100 HP?

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

She said her 40% cap was 6700, that would be about 17k hp.

The claim is that the mechanics doesn't work that way. Ask any soldier, and you'll see they in fact do.

With 16k HP I get hit alot for around 7k from specials in the BS.. this is with my aura /perk and rrfe running..

Seems to me Questra that every keeper here is lying

Unless you're counting absorbs you're gonna have to show some real numbers.

PS. Its completely impossible to be hit for 7k by a special when you have 16k hp.

PPS. FA's can get to 7k if you have 54% ish reflect.
    Last edited by Mazdoc; Apr 22nd, 2007 at 16:54:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdoc View Post
    Unless you're counting absorbs you're gonna have to show some real numbers.

PS. Its completely impossible to be hit for 7k by a special when you have 16k hp.

PPS. FA's can get to 7k if you have 54% ish reflect.
    absorbs are counted after reflects, so it won't make any difference. If you have 72% reflect then the maximum AS you can take is 3640 and the maximum FA is 4200. the presence or absence of absorbs will make no difference if you have that much reflect.

In a nutshell, people claiming that they are taking capped damage through 70%+ reflect, whilst having 13K+ HP, are mistaken

Enjoying RK4

Oh you're right of course, my bad.

Edit: Errrr, i might take that back. I've seen ASes over 13k through coon, or so i believe anyway. Dont think damage absorbed counts towards the special caps.

Edit2:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    New record, 19760 dmg AS on test on me with 27K HP. Didn't even cap
    Last edited by Mazdoc; Apr 22nd, 2007 at 18:53:27.

This is 4 screen shots of my damage log when using devotional armor/RRFE/Bio cocoon vs a 220 soldier with modified shark and a fairly decent symbiant setup
    You can draw your own conclusions. He did do a few 7191 caps with RRFE. which is the same cap if i dont have RRFE. i did not see anything over 3.5/4k ish with devotional armor on. His highest full absorb was 8k. he did have a 3.3kabsorb/5.6k hit at the end of one cocoon. like i said. draw your own conclusions, my keeper isnt the best but you take what u can.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...k/scrn0007.png

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...k/scrn0006.png

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...k/scrn0005.png

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b4...k/scrn0004.png
    Noorb: 220 Keeper
    Retention: 217 shade
    Hawtpants: 210 trader
    Osker: 210 MA(may re roll)

Thanks noky, confirms what i believed

That 19K AS was off test during a build where absorbs were being calculated before special caps.

Enjoying RK4

Ah, i see. Didnt know they changed it.

You should try with an agent. FA mechanics suck for testing. Anyway, that absorb/reflect change was stupid imho. It just made overpowered specials even stronger.
    Last edited by NoGoal; Apr 23rd, 2007 at 08:13:44.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by noky View Post
    i did not see anything over 3.5/4k ish with devotional armor on.
    It helps against people who say they are getting 6k hits through rrfe/devotional armor and proc/nano.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast