Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Review: Melle professions

Luna you amaze me.. really you do.. Sacraficing something?? Oh really? Totally destroying your perk setup is not called sacrificing.. unless you wanna call it the sacrificial lamb.. you need to perk not 1-3 but 10 in Spatial Displacement to make it useful+run our root resist aura which negates our Vengence line of nanos from being used as well and even then its not a guarantee.

So lets see what are the options?

We can choose to not perk Holy Mark -evades big time for a pseudo evades class that is highly dependent on evades to survive.. or perhaps we can not train Blessing.. but wait.. where would our healing abilities go since our Nanoline aura is totally useless in anything but a duel and even then more of a joke.. "best heal 870/20s".. or wait we can sacrifice Bio-shielding.. except oops there goes the other half of our healing plus our entire defensive tool kit.. or how about we just untrain Reaver.. oops alpha.. what alpha? All our Dmg comes from perks + our AR to even be able to hit anything "mind you we still cannot perk an evades profession with it".. then there is the brilliant point of view to take a few from each.. Thought of that one.. except.. the amount of perks taken from all of the aforementioned lines would basically negate all of their usefulness... so please tell me where the sacrificing is? We are a 100% perk based profession.. we don't have combat nanos.. we don't have ranged bonuses.. We have perk and pray...

Now.. if SD was a AI Perk... then we could "sacrifice" something for it.. without totally destroying ourselves.. we could elect to give up something like CoHI -AR + few dmg perks.. or what ever else we are using Crusade etc.. But by it being a SL perk.. its just not a viable option without ruining anything else we rely on to survive majorly.. I don't see Ranged professions sacrificing anything to root us...
    Last edited by Xaun; Apr 20th, 2007 at 11:43:30.

Im pretty sure some of the best keepers have dropped HM to perk SD. (Though not many atm, i think)

Also, you only need perk SD4 to get the first root removal, which does go a *long* way.

You dont need to go far back for the situation to be the exact opposite, rooting professions complaining that they could never land their roots.
    Last edited by Mazdoc; Apr 20th, 2007 at 13:53:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    I don't see Ranged professions sacrificing anything to root us...
    What ranged professions would that be?

I can think of only one or two that can root you and can pose a serious threat to you. Actualy, not even them are a big of a problem if you train at least 4 points of SD. IMHO both of them won't have a chance to land the other root because you will kill them in a less then two seconds.

BTW, any of you ever used that nemesis nano on agents yet?
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

i forgot to include:

most melee profs can get nano resist in all their symbs, while half of ranged profs can't.

ditto for both AAD and AAO... and ranged profs get no healdelta unless they give up about 175-250 defense rating!

also, when was the last time you saw a ranged prof interupt a doc heal or an NT nuke? only melee profs can interupt casting profs

overall, i think melee have it a tiny bit harder than ranged, just because they have to put a little more effort in to stay on target, while ranged profs can be lazy for a second before giving chase

but i fail to see this supposed chasm between us considering the +350 dodge from wit and the benefits i've mentioned above

xaun you would be surprised for how little gain we sacrifice 10 perk lines. CP aad/aao aura w/o specials for example 10 perks.
    at least you have useful lines and need to choose what to train, we don't have options even if we wanted. this is wrong place/reason to cry. not using your current toolset and cry for more is kinda lame
    i R not spik engrish

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    Luna you amaze me.. really you do.. Sacraficing something?? Oh really? Totally destroying your perk setup is not called sacrificing.. unless you wanna call it the sacrificial lamb.. you need to perk not 1-3 but 10 in Spatial Displacement to make it useful+run our root resist aura which negates our Vengence line of nanos from being used as well and even then its not a guarantee.

So lets see what are the options?

We can choose to not perk Holy Mark -evades big time for a pseudo evades class that is highly dependent on evades to survive.. or perhaps we can not train Blessing.. but wait.. where would our healing abilities go since our Nanoline aura is totally useless in anything but a duel and even then more of a joke.. "best heal 870/20s".. or wait we can sacrifice Bio-shielding.. except oops there goes the other half of our healing plus our entire defensive tool kit.. or how about we just untrain Reaver.. oops alpha.. what alpha? All our Dmg comes from perks + our AR to even be able to hit anything "mind you we still cannot perk an evades profession with it".. then there is the brilliant point of view to take a few from each.. Thought of that one.. except.. the amount of perks taken from all of the aforementioned lines would basically negate all of their usefulness... so please tell me where the sacrificing is? We are a 100% perk based profession.. we don't have combat nanos.. we don't have ranged bonuses.. We have perk and pray...

Now.. if SD was a AI Perk... then we could "sacrifice" something for it.. without totally destroying ourselves.. we could elect to give up something like CoHI -AR + few dmg perks.. or what ever else we are using Crusade etc.. But by it being a SL perk.. its just not a viable option without ruining anything else we rely on to survive majorly.. I don't see Ranged professions sacrificing anything to root us...
    hmm no sacrifice, lets see I use a bow to get a halfassed Aimed shot giving me 1k lower AR so I cant use my Nano combat perks, I use +nano skills in my hud and utils to cast my nanos, and I do not only have to overcome 1 defence check, but 2, NR and immunity where both of them are random roll. I have 1 heal for 800 points and 18s with with 6k AAD that soldiers often cap FA through and generally lower evades than professions that have heals, because my pets are desiged to take part of my damage which they dont do in PvP. so all i have for damage is bugged pets with to low AR and 1 damage special from my weapon.

so if you are not willing to work with you gear and perks to do decent in PvP, I really cant be botherd, and just for you, there are keepers that is pretty much totally immune to roots and still alpha 90% of the players, wonder how they do it...
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Questra View Post
    overall, i think melee have it a tiny bit harder than ranged, just because they have to put a little more effort in to stay on target, while ranged profs can be lazy for a second before giving chase
    Overall I think melee have it a LOT harder because there is no reason they should ever get in range, unless the ranged toon is not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdoc View Post
    Im pretty sure some of the best keepers have dropped HM to perk SD. (Though not many atm, i think)

Also, you only need perk SD4 to get the first root removal, which does go a *long* way.
    If by best you mean keepers that get perked by just about everyone.
    But I guess that gives them the option to run away constantly.

With SD, a keeper is going to drop an entire line to go that route. The last few
    points in all of our perk lines add the most bonuses (eg, most evades/specials in HM from last points), so SD 4 isn't a good option.
    Xpression - 220 Trox Keeper - Thong Power
    Mpression - Levelling Trox Trader
    Regression - 200 Trox NT
    Zegression - 218 Trox Soldier
    Xegression - 215 Opi Agent

HUGE, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpression View Post

With SD, a keeper is going to drop an entire line to go that route. The last few
    points in all of our perk lines add the most bonuses (eg, most evades/specials in HM from last points), so SD 4 isn't a good option.
    Why not SD 4 and HM 6? It's still a nice combo.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

i managed to land about 90% of my perks on a keeper once... of course all my perks only ate up about 15% of the keeper's coon

remind me why keepers should be an "evade prof" again?

strange that they should be able to have the best AR in the game and evade around 50% of perks from most ranged players

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaspell View Post
    with 6k AAD that soldiers often cap FA through
    i like alot of points in your post, but this is false

i'm at 2900 AR now and i could only land 1 decent (noncapped but decent) FA in about 10 on a 214ish MA in BS today. i could see his face and armour too, so he wasn't in full combined with a notucom

have a very hard time FAing crats of equal skill and setup to me too. i seem to get stunned or rooted through MoR somehow so i only get one chance to FA crats anyway.

Why not SD 4 and HM 6? It's still a nice combo.
    1 snare and 1 root remover with a cooldown time of 1 minute each, when roots/snares can be recast about every 5 seconds or so from each opponent...

at the cost of:
    - 1610 AC's
    - 227 HP
    - 125 Evade close
    - 62 Dodge ranged
    - 62 Duck explosives
    - 210 AAD Debuff perk
    - 220 AAO/AAD Debuff perk

I have a hard time believing anyone would call that an acceptable tradeoff. Especially considering how much of a difference the 64 evades on notucomm mesh does... Edit: Just for comparison.
    Last edited by Mekh; Apr 20th, 2007 at 18:39:50.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    1 snare and 1 root remover with a cooldown time of 1 minute each, when roots/snares can be recast about every 5 seconds or so from each opponent...

at the cost of:
    - 1610 AC's
    - 227 HP
    - 125 Evade close
    - 62 Dodge ranged
    - 62 Duck explosives
    - 210 AAD Debuff perk

I have a hard time believing anyone would call that an acceptable tradeoff. Especially considering how much of a difference the 64 evades on notucomm mesh does... Edit: Just for comparison.
    Yes, why not?

Btw, when you set free, you don't even need more then a few seconds to waste the poor bastard that rooted you, especialy if your brawl manages to stun him.

I get rooted too, so what (even whit my shield up and boon from advie, go figure). Tough luck. At least you have enough HP and other defence to actualy live long enough for root to eventualy break on attack/nano/whatever.

P.S.
    Why so much whining about roots from you keepers? I rarely see keepers rooted on BS anyways, they run all over the place and resist stuns/roots like crazy. Only some level 210-215 gimps seams to have a problem with that.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

i like alot of points in your post, but this is false

i'm at 2900 AR now and i could only land 1 decent (noncapped but decent) FA in about 10 on a 214ish MA in BS today. i could see his face and armour too, so he wasn't in full combined with a notucom

have a very hard time FAing crats of equal skill and setup to me too. i seem to get stunned or rooted through MoR somehow so i only get one chance to FA crats anyway.
    evades works in mysterious ways, it happens, and sometimes quite often
    RETURNED Lunaspell: L220/20/60 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [pic] [equip]
    RETURNED Sylvabane: L162/10/37 Solitus Bureaucrat on Rimor, [equip]

------
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
    - Hagar the Horrible

well i'd just like to say a few things

1. my advy plans on training full line of SD.. i know this maybe dont apply to ma and keeper.. but the trade offs are worth it at least on a advy with snare/root resistance buffs already..

2. i think we need to stop comparing professions and perklines.. thats not the issue
    the weapon shoudl support it self on it's own.. so comments like you can train SD or but melee have better dmg perks.. is bull ****.. not everyone who is melee has access to high dmg perks or SD, we need to talk about melee vs range on the weapons own merit.. it's the same as the sol's crying about HS and him using Wit of the atrox which is'nt even mp related.. or someoen saying mp's got a cocoon because of the new nano mage absorb item which also is'nt mp related.

3. everyone can get behind getting server sync fixed.. so why dont we just pressure FC to do just that.. after thats fixed we can go from there and continue to slit each other throats ok?
    Nanomage Meta-Physicist : Squad Commander [Famous Last Words] [RK2]
    Interested in applying? [Click Here]

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    3. everyone can get behind getting server sync fixed.. so why dont we just pressure FC to do just that.. after thats fixed we can go from there and continue to slit each other throats ok?
    I would like to see that fixed too.

I don't wanna melee profs perking me from 10 m distance.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post

at the cost of:
    - 1610 AC's
    - 227 HP
    - 125 Evade close
    - 62 Dodge ranged
    - 62 Duck explosives
    - 210 AAD Debuff perk

That all?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Unless i remember wrong, Aziah mentioned he used SD over HM. I dont think anyone would accuse him of doing poorly in pvp

As someone mentioned earlier, if roots are *such* a gamebreaker, loosing 200 evade, 100 dodge and two decent debuffs is not a too steep price for what essentially amounts to root/snare immunity.

Actually Mazdoc you missed it.. That was only a 4 perk difference.. For "near immunity" we would have to totally train SD meaning.. even more.. what he posted was not a complete perk line trade off..

Quote Originally Posted by windcaster View Post
    I have posted this is about server sync issues so many times.. but because my profession is keeper no one listens.. they just see a keeper complaining and go. wah wah wah.. None of this would be that big of a difference if the sync issues were fixed.. reason there are enough times where people are unloading on other professions where I can rush in and find a target before being alpha'd.. the current problem is.. even if that happens I typically die before I can get sync'd with the server thus.. even standing on my opponents head I still cannot do anything and then to add insult to injury get rooted and shooted.. hence.. the complaining..
    Last edited by Xaun; Apr 21st, 2007 at 00:28:10.

remind me why keepers should be an "evade prof" again?
    Because we are completely perk based thats why.
    First Aid is a huge part of our toolset(35-40sec recharge depending on skill lock modifier)
    Lay on hands(40 sec recharge, 1650ish heal depending on if you have 2% heal eff from LE)
    Bio rejuvination(30sec 880 ish heal again dependant on heal eff)
    Curing Touch( 2min recharge 6900 heal/7k with 2% heal eff)

Note that curing touch has about a 3 second cast time and i did not mentin bio regrowth which is 5mins and about 5seconds cast time for a HOT.

If a keeper did not have the ability to evade. any prof including ones with alpha's would just pick them apart. our survival is based on staying alive long enough to use our perks again.

If anything, Advies shoudnt be the prof with Acrobat(something keepers dont have). Considering they have a 2.3-3.4k ish heal every 6 or so seconds.

as for trading off HM for SD.. no i wouldnt ever do it.
    Not going into spacfics. Ive tried it and wasnt impressed at all.
    Noorb: 220 Keeper
    Retention: 217 shade
    Hawtpants: 210 trader
    Osker: 210 MA(may re roll)

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast