Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Review: Melle professions

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Who has 11 sec AS and FA at the same time? Agents each 7 minutes?
    Waiting on someone to say fixers to bring a smile on my face.

keeper dimach at 11 seconds are you mad man!?! it's hard enough to kill them already and need i remind you of advies?

edit: fixers got as/fa but as is crap and fa is on a long recharge
    my sig r kewlr den yurz lawl ktxhbai

I don't think anybody actually is serious when the ask for dimahc or SA to cap at 11 seconds, it is just put that way to set in perspective how effective AS (in particular)and FullAuto is.

The problem with these specials is their immense damage before all the reducing calculations, they have the potential to take 40% hp away, almost to the extent that it doesn't matter how much hp you have. Thus screwing up the point of even having hp differences between profession, and infact making it favourable to have low hp in some cases.

People often compare them to peks, and slice and dice is often used as an example of a powerfull perk. Truth is SnD is not even half as dangerous on a high hp prof, as AS is. Maybe it would be an idea to set these specials to a perk action. making the damage 4000-4000 or something. That won't help me as a MA one bit though, but the 13k hits with added 40% cap through cocoon is utterly unfair and rediculously overpowred.

Though think about it. a perk that lands 100% of the time, every 11th second doing that kind of damage.. compare it to perks, would that be so bad? Would make room for HP setups aswell? maybe the damage should be higher or lower i dunno. but having the potential to do ~200k raw damage before any reducing calculation seems to me to part of the problem with these. Another problem might be that they are unnavoidable? They can be stacked? and with hotswapped 3-4 can be launched within a second.

That said, the main reason melee is lacking is because ranged specials are better and faster and they have range..why even discuss that?

Hmm, what does this do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzing View Post
    People often compare them to peks, and slice and dice is often used as an example of a powerfull perk. Truth is SnD is not even half as dangerous on a high hp prof, as AS is.
    But a lot more so to profs with naturally low hp.
    In stage 1 we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage 2, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    In stage 3, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage 4, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zx9256 View Post
    But a lot more so to profs with naturally low hp.
    Im not saying SnD isn't dangerous, infact I hate it
    I just tried to illustrate that AS and FA in particular effectievly negates almost any HP difference, SND does not, as it has a set damage based on 2he skill (?)

Yeah but you get like 100 more damage than base with 2500 2he.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by lusthorne View Post
    1. RRFE is a soldier nano, so using it as an arguement to "learn to play your profession" is ludicrous. At best you can include a graft in an arguement as anyone can use one.

2. Keepers are still easily capped through all the reflects they can get including perks.

3. Our "uber shield" is absolutely useless, had you done *any* homework at all you would see that it is a one handed shield, and *gasp* what's that? KEEPER IS BLOODY 2HE making the shield useless as we do _NOT_ have _ANY_ other weapon option.

4. Our "good evades" apply only to evade-clsc , when will you people GET IT THROUGH YOUR HEAD that keepers _DO NOT_ have good Dodge/Duck (And on a continuation of that note, the debuffs provided by holymark are 100% checks, so if they land, we didn't need them in the first place)

5. Our healperks consist of _TWO_ profession based and _TWO_ group based (which all cocoon profs have), and have consistantly been proven time and time again despite the thickness of peoples skulls to not be anywhere near 'godlike.'
    (And on the note of godlike, people love to throw up examples of a keeper tanking 6 people or some such feat of uberness. I will bet that either this was pre-le when reflects/cocoon weren't hosed, the people didn't have AS/FA to just flat out oneshot cocoon, or the people being tanked were just lousy.)

6. All the offensive power of a Keeper (and any 2he prof for that matter) is in perks. We don't get those lovely 40% instant hit specials, it's all perks, which by the way, have been shown time and time again to be a straight across pass/fail check as opposed to having a real 'chance' to land like regular specials (such as fast attack, fling, burst, brawl, etc) not to mention take considerably longer to execute, easily upwards of 6-10 seconds vs ... well... instant.
    Well put Lusthorne. We are so perk based in our attacks.. if we miss 1 we miss everything. We have huge length of time to launch an attack.. basically my hope typically is run in with bio-regen already running + every defensive perk I have including cocoon and shields.. try to get close enough to the server sync to mash my keys while running away hoping I don't get to far away before I hit 4567890 and pray to not get rooted.. Mind you all of that is conditional on there not being any professions with AS/FA/Burst around to stop me from closing a 40m range which is rare and typically only when there is some other poor fool being obliterated while they don't see me coming.. usually ends in being rooted and killed tho.. Would be nice if they changed Spatial Displacement to an AI perk not an SL perk then it would be viable.. but as it stands to get a decent SD use I would be left without most of my heals & cocoon.. ie.. whats the point of being able to have good root resist if your already dead by 30m anyway..

Are they? So why i see Keepers running with Supernova? Why are Keepers even using typed swords? Just for the fun and giggles i bet. Really HOW NERFED you are. <snip>
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I'm really starting to understand why I've seen several people with you on their ignore list...
    Quote Originally Posted by Izolenta View Post
    welcome to the club
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwen View Post
    Join the fanclub Mekh
    Quote Originally Posted by Harios View Post
    Yep.. some people are born for the ignore list
    Its called " i cant take the truth" syndrom.
    your are clueless.. nuff said you have no effin clue what you are talking about..

Quote Originally Posted by Loul View Post
    you know these people have a very good point.

This message is hidden because IHaveHugeNick is on your ignore list.
    Only reason I haven't added you ages ago is because I still find your lack of any sort of idea what your talking about to be amusing the way I think of the town idiot.. kinda entertaining to see someone make such an uber fool of themselves daily and actually think they have any ground to speak from in their next post.

Its quite obvious that you have some keeper angst since 99% of your posts are anti-keeper. However, if you notice something here.. Its not just one person speaking up out for or against. Its a whole community. Typically when a large group of people see something and report on it from a first hand perspective you have to wonder... why?

Anyone saying Keepers are godly has got to be kidding me...

Quote Originally Posted by Rice View Post
    eh... engi's didn't get very much in LE, except maybe the ofab chest and a new (meh) nano, depending on how well it works. Your a keeper, your a lovechild, nice to see you whining to.
    Im glad you think keepers are FC lovechild...
    keepers have changed almost ZERO since the release of SL

the biggest problem was. the itemization for 2he WAS COMPLETE ****
    when SL came out.
    you had TOTW weapons till 125. FBR till 220. farm pande garden for 5000 hours to get a 290+ JDN(only 2 ppl ive ever met had one pre AI)

the problem was. keepers never got any kind of exposure whatsoever before AI came out and they finally got a weapon that was usable in full def that had specials.

Excali anyone?! wtf no fast attack? thx

pre AI . like me at one point. a bunch of keepers tried out 1he, and leveled that way because it was actually more viable in pve(i was 1he 201-215), since you could put gelids on and be 1/1 at full def and solo inferno mobs.

quit being dumb and relize that keepers havnt changed in 3+ years and get over it that we dont get anything. im happy with my keeper how he is. and im definatly not uber twinked like people think you NEED to be to survive in pvp.
    its not worth the hours and hours of labor to manage +3 2he and +5 str lol
    but if you manage, more power to you.

keepers were never considered an uber class until they got a good weapon. go figure
    Noorb: 220 Keeper
    Retention: 217 shade
    Hawtpants: 210 trader
    Osker: 210 MA(may re roll)

Yeah Noky.. and another thing.. judging from my buffs, perk bonuses, armor bonuses, symbiants and base attributes.. you ever get the feeling we weren't even supposed to be using Brawl in our primary attack? Wasn't FA/Brawl.. like.. for the Enforcer flavors of 2hE weapons and FA/Parry/Riposte ours?

Oh wait.. I forgot.. that was an adaptation of parry/rip being totally nerfed into non-existance.. that was supposed to be our big special defining abilities..

Keeper:

Kyr'Ozch Sword - Type 880

Exact Copy of The Excalibur

Champion Sword of Sir Tristram

Great Sword of Achilles

Great Sword of Hercules

Great Sword of Perseus

Enforcer/Keeper:

Kyr'Ozch Sword - Type 112

The Edge of Tarasque

Professional Sword of Sir Galahad

PS: I was one of the BETA test Keepers that remembers this profession "pre-nerfing"...

PPS: Wtb Dimach doing some dmg instead of being a 1 time per hour baby healing ability
    Last edited by Xaun; Apr 16th, 2007 at 20:22:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    your are clueless.. nuff said you have no effin clue what you are talking about..

Only reason I haven't added you ages ago is because I still find your lack of any sort of idea what your talking about to be amusing the way I think of the town idiot.. kinda entertaining to see someone make such an uber fool of themselves daily and actually think they have any ground to speak from in their next post.

Its quite obvious that you have some keeper angst since 99% of your posts are anti-keeper. However, if you notice something here.. Typically when a large group of people see something and report on it from a first hand perspective you have to wonder... why?

Anyone saying Keepers are godly has got to be kidding me...
    Wow you did the effort to type so much only for me (i bet you are resting now after this hard work ?) I just have to respond even if you are so ignorant, like most of other crybabies, that you cant do anything other badmouth.

You can call me clueless all you like. It means absolutely nothing to me if it comes from people that come up with brilliant ideas likes : Aimed Shot always caps 40% , everyone has Aimed Shot and Full Auto capped at 11 seconds. It means nothing to me if it comes from bunch of ex-lovechilds claming they dont have anything to defend themselves, when in reality they have best defense toolset from any pure melee proffesions, and rivaled only by engineers and adventurers if you look at everyone. Defense which is propably most varied ingame, with reflects, absorbs, heals and evades. On the top of this you are amongst the one least affected by combat debuffs like NSD and Trader drains because you dont have any combat nanoprograms, its all in auras. For the same reason you are amonst the one least affected by NT triples which make everyone else cry, because you can perk NR for much lower price then anyone else.

Go look what everyone else has. Go check what Enforces have. Go check what MAs have. Go check what Shades have. Then compare it what you have. Then decide if you have the right to whine about defenses, my dear person with a clue.

Its not just one person speaking up out for or against. Its a whole community.
    Keeper community? Yes, that's a sad suprise. I was expecting they will all support me, and ask to be nerfed ASAP.

I dont have any sympathy for lovechilds claming they are the nerfest, and i never will. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I'm really starting to understand why I've seen several people with you on their ignore list...
    Lol, theres people that don't have him on the ignore list?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzing View Post
    I don't think anybody actually is serious when the ask for dimahc or SA to cap at 11 seconds, it is just put that way to set in perspective how effective AS (in particular)and FullAuto is.
    Exactly. Yet some people think its perfectly fine to have two 40% caps of AS and FA every 11s with a 8s burst capping on lower hp toons, while having the huge advantage of this being ranged also. Mention SA being 11s (still nowhere near as powerfull as AS, being ranged and no AC checks) and they fly off their handle saying how overpowered that would be. Lmao and melee proff deal with this crap every single bloody time.

So what does melee have so great? HP? Soldiers have a ton of hp also, and HP doesn't matter that much since you get capped for 40% anyways. Evades? They have been nerfed so FA and burst cap for bullets and even perks land easier now, and fixers get some dam nice evades also. Cocoon? Thats been nerfed so you can cap even through it also, and Engies have that also.

So someone please tell me what melee has going for it, that the ranged proff need a 11s AS, 11sFA 8sburst.

Hell I get killed on my TL7 adv through Limb+DoF+Cocoon all running before I can even close in onto a soldier in BS and land a single hit.

I took my 150 Pvm soldier to BS today who is 1/2 in perk resets still from needing treatment. ~14 perks in the wrong place then a pvm/pvp setup would be like. I managed to kill more people in 10min then I have in days of BS on tl7 adv. And most of these people were 165+. Great balance, ranged just totally owns without any drawbacks. This was on a heavily gimped tl5 soldier, imagine what one with 11sFA 8sburst would even do, without swapping for a AS weapon....
    Last edited by Wolfnight; Apr 16th, 2007 at 21:38:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfnight View Post
    Lol, theres people that don't have him on the ignore list?
    only problem is some people quote him, so I can't avoid seing all of the posts anyway

On topic:
    I've started PvP'ing with my fixer now... He's rather gimpy and none-twinked, but immensely more fun and effective on BS than my keeper, which I have put quite a nice effort into.

Sad thing is I really kill melee people with mixed feelings due to the way I do it with my fix... snare, root, run away a bit, shoot, snare/reroot if necessary, run away a bit, shoot... rinse/reapeat or I just choose to kite... In both cases I see them suffer from the exact same issues as my keeper does on BS.
    From my experience Ranged > Melee by far when it comes to BS PvP.

Some may say that my fix is just a lowbie, but that does not change the fact that what I experience there is the EXACT same thing I experience when playing with my keeper... I'm just on the side having the benefit then.
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

If keepers get love, adv should get love too.

But bump for fixing enfs

Nice it took about 1 page and the discussion is up and running again and already almost every single one of these ROCK SOLID arguments have been used to validate stupid points from bouth sides in the disscusion..

"A: AS/FA ALWAYS cap (and hit for FA..)
    B: No one lives more then 3 sec
    C: All proffesions then mine live longer then 3sec
    D: Soldiers Burst ALWAYS cap
    E: Evades dont do anything everyone ALWAYS hit evaders
    F: Its impossible to hit evaders whith anything then AS
    G: Perks never land on anyone
    H: Perks always land and insta kill people
    I: Soldiers get caped throu AMS
    Those are just the moast common once.."

Quite intresting from a psycological point of wieve that people keep using stupid obiusly false arguments even after it has been pointed out that they are only used to over exagirate and prove inavlid points.. And yet people seem to think that they will have some real impact..
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Messiah has spoken.

there is funny then there is just a waste of spammed screen space..

This message is hidden because IHaveHugeNick is on your ignore list.

PS. I bet you have a huge nick to make up for deficiencies elsewhere

Yeah Noky.. and another thing.. judging from my buffs, perk bonuses, armor bonuses, symbiants and base attributes.. you ever get the feeling we weren't even supposed to be using Brawl in our primary attack? Wasn't FA/Brawl.. like.. for the Enforcer flavors of 2hE weapons and FA/Parry/Riposte ours?

Oh wait.. I forgot.. that was an adaptation of parry/rip being totally nerfed into non-existance.. that was supposed to be our big special defining abilities..

Keeper:

Kyr'Ozch Sword - Type 880

Exact Copy of The Excalibur

Champion Sword of Sir Tristram

Great Sword of Achilles

Great Sword of Hercules

Great Sword of Perseus

Enforcer/Keeper:

Kyr'Ozch Sword - Type 112

The Edge of Tarasque

Professional Sword of Sir Galahad

PS: I was one of the BETA test Keepers that remembers this profession "pre-nerfing"...

PPS: Wtb Dimach doing some dmg instead of being a 1 time per hour baby healing ability

and keepers are suppost to blame who again!?
    thats riiiight
    its FC that hasnt fixed parry and riposte..
    you cant blame the keeper professoin for using brawl because parry and riposte are broken, you blame the source. and btw, ive had my keeper since SL so it doesnt really matter if you played in beta, i still know the class well enough to know if we have been givin a bunch of love or not.
    FC simply fixed the problem by giving us weapons that both enfs and keepers could use.

And for ****s sake, change the 1h recharge on dimach..
    Noorb: 220 Keeper
    Retention: 217 shade
    Hawtpants: 210 trader
    Osker: 210 MA(may re roll)

Quote Originally Posted by Luiza View Post
    get a clue, the dificulty to kill an agent is a challenge for enforcers, mean... you have to stun him with troll form+stone fist(2 perks) +alpha(perks mainly)
    other way to kill an agent is alpha him without stuns, just wait for him to cast CH, and be quick kill alpha him within the CH recharge. root graft helps if he tries to kite after he casted first CH.
    Why run into a massively open area where this is possible? Hug a teleporter. Use LOS. Don't chase like a moron?

There are noob Keepers and Enforcers out there who cant do jack on a BS, but there are also Experienced/Expert/Master Keepers/Enforcers out there too that are actually extremely deadly and extremely difficult to kill.

What's the difference there? They're playing the same class.

On the other hand Agents tactic to kill enfs is not that dificult and dosen't take much skill, stay at max range.... or in sneak.. fire your first AS (40%) than run backwars and try to buy as much time as you can...the enf will try to stop you, but he can't because you will just AS/AS/AS/AS and if he gets to close use your snare perks....get more distance, AS again, and again, and again untill the enfs dies.... and this tactic takes great skill? an overpowered special every 11 seconds... and these are just 1 vs 1 scenarios on battlestations, if in groups...the enf stands no chance.
    Pretty bad strategy here. You're right though, agents almost always have the advantage of suprise and can as a result turn the table into a scenario for their advantage - But you don't have to make it easy.

I'm not saying Enforcers dont need "some" love, or that Ranged is junk compared to Melee, because I have an enforcer myself and I keep that character around simply because I really would like a reason to play him. But the truth is a lot of enforcers and keepers (and MA's) do not play their profession to the levels that they could - And if keepers/enfs/ma's all sucked, then you wouldnt see any really hard to kill Keepers/Enforcers/MA's and so on, but they are out there - What are they doing that bad players arent?

People dont judge classes by "Random Keeper 01" or "Bad MA who died 17 times in a BS" but they judge them (as well they should) by the Prowess of players like Evolkeep, Corupted, Forz, Hameleon etc - Who all seemingly do well.

No it doesnt. You obviously never played ranged proffesion.
    Actually he is right, AS is realistically more reliant on a high topend reg hit weapon for AS damage and (especially) consistency.

Yes, quite obviously. Even agents dont always cap 40%. Not even on leets.
    My rimor agent (in excessively bad equipment and bad gear, bad symbs, bad skill levels, bad everything) will 40% cap almost every time with an ofab-cobra. Or a perennium sniper - Or a caterwaul. Not *always* but a lot of the time. I'd guesstimate at *least* 90%+ of the time.

Who has 11 sec AS and FA at the same time? Agents each 7 minutes?
    11s?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    My rimor agent (in excessively bad equipment and bad gear, bad symbs, bad skill levels, bad everything) will 40% cap almost every time with an ofab-cobra. Or a perennium sniper - Or a caterwaul. Not *always* but a lot of the time. I'd guesstimate at *least* 90%+ of the time.
    But you dont cap *always*. And Agents are truly a different matter. But - when i look at the thread , i see that from true sentence 1. * almost everyone uses AS* and true sentence 2. * agents can almost always 40%* comes false conlusion *everyone always caps as 40%*

I have one of most deadly weapon a support proffesion can equip , as far as i know, its propably highest ql in FP Trader on whole sever , triple implanted AS, full css, you name it and i have it Even with tts i dont think i cap 1/3 of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    11s?
    Dont look at me, ask the person i was responding too Since you mostly only use it for ganks with Concentration, i dont think we should talk here about recharge at all.

Oh noes, no Keeper even dares to discuss facts about their defense? Facts from real game, not from forum pvp? Badmouth all you want, its just proves you cant do much else. At least Advies , unlike you, have the balls not to whine too much even tho they were nerfed too. Doesnt say much about quality of player, but says a lot about quality of person.

I'm done here, have fun.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast