Thread: Armor classes not working like it suppose to?

Unhappy Armor classes not working like it suppose to?

Hello! I just want to get some feedback from you guys to see if you have noticed the same thing I have lately! I just ran a mission with my lvl 35 doc and a lvl 40 engie. I have done everything I could to get the best ac's on my doc but relized that I was getting hit for about 10 points more per hit than the engie. After a few fights going like this I asked the engie his chemical ac rating and it was 100 points less than mine but yet I was getting hit for 10 points more. Now if I understand the ac mechanics right, for every 10 points in ac is't it suppose to drop damage by 1 point? If this is the case then should I have not been getting hit for 10 points less than the engie not 10 more? Please let me know if you have run into this problem Thanks

My guess is the engineer had a reflect shield running.
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

know what you mean

Its funny biowoman runs around half naked not pants or boots on just shoes.
    WIth the omni elites I wear right now
    head
    arms
    gloves
    body
    my ac tops about 1200 with just them on
    now add in a webcloak and shoulder pads
    ac goes above 1700 for me.

my level is 83 doc and wear ql 110 armor and devices
    the funny thing is I did a test on a 50% mission
    mobs hit on avg 55-60 per hit(green mobs)
    so i say okay armor is absorbing at least 170 points 10% of the ac(the brunt of the damage)
    so i say cool next mob same type non chemical and take off the armor, geez 55-70 min stayed the same and max went up +10 points.NOW I say WTF ????
    Armor is supposed to protect my soft internals but with soft internals.But with said internals exposed and no ac implants or devices only +10 more in dmg . hee hee the ac's were screwey
    so to this day i refuse to wear a full suit of anything(justy doesnt seem to matter , for 30 levels i ran around in a thong and the omni med suit with the odd cloak or device for skill boosts.
    so if on rk2 youll see me all over as the chick in a thong and looking good in armor GIMME my black thong GEEZ need it to match my elite????

/me hears rumor that thong drops off a dragon in camelot castle

/me hears another rumor theres a thong patch 14.7 (various colors)

/me eats cookies cuz rumors are rarely true

This is why you wear armor for the bonuses. MK2 is so popular because after 3k or so AC just really doesn't matter, and an extra 1k life sure as hell does. Same thing with carbonum. The bonuses are *very* nice for casters.

Unhappy No Extras!

The engineer has no bracers/rings/ or anything special. Could level have something to do with this? This is very aggrivating to study and try to get the best defense for my character just to find out that someone that takes little to no time to do so can do just as well. Well, thanks for the feedback so far! I will keep checking back to see if anything else comes up

Shrp

Smile 3k

Hehe....it will be a while before I have 3k in armor so thats why I am trying to figure out if ac ratings are busted or if there is something I missed

.......oh and rk2 is starting to sound good

shrp

AC does very little if anything it seems. I have 2k+ in most ACs at 56 except radiation/energy, and mobs min damage still fluctuates at times. Mostly on reds.

If mathmatically (ac/20=level its good till?) my ac is 45 levels higher than the mob, they *should* hit for minimum nomatter what shade of red, green, grey, orange or purple they are.

Evades must be tied in to much.

Also...Crits should be 100% AC based, to, not evade. Silly FC.

If you throw a egg at someones brickwall they shouldn't have to move the wall around so you don't hit a "vital" area. O_o

Arrow

EH?? The point of a critical is that it is a strike/shot that hits a poorly protected area and does more damage as a result - ie the intent is for it to be as if it had bypassed armour...
    Last edited by Darkbane; Sep 5th, 2002 at 16:22:20.

Arrow Myths and Facts

Myth: Crits ignore AC

Fact: More AC will reduce crit damage. However, since players can't get 15000 AC, some mean ol' boss mob will always hurt you pretty bad.

Myth: AC over 3k doesn't matter.

Fact: Tell that to those 2 RM Bullys and their extra-tall Enf Boss buddy in there. Yes, I'm sure AC doesn't matter when Mr. Boss repeatedly hits me non-crit for 800 and my melee AC is buffed to 6500.

AC over 3k doesn't make much difference on wimpy mobs or when you have rrfe and 2 bracers (which are getting nerfed to 7% btw) but it still does make a difference. AC also basically gets doubled in pvp, so for people whose mindset is only about pvp (these are the same people who demand nerfs based only on how things work in pvp) AC "doesn't matter".

You know what really doesn't matter? Vets because good evades and some heals gives you all you need to fight them.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

A while back it was said that the developers would look at defensive skills (evades and parry) to see if they were good enough. Since they put in the text feedback for evasions, people can see that evades generally work pretty well. I propose instead that they re-evaluate AC. An improvement in AC would have quite a few benefits.

1) Bracer 'nerf'
    While I think that the changes to bracers in the next patch is a good thing, it does have a negative effect in pvm. An improvement in AC would lessen the impact of lower average reflects.

2) MK II
    MK II armor is just plain ugly. Since it's one of the most popular armors right now we end up with a large portion of the population looking like fashon victims. More desireable AC would allow for more variety in day-to-day looks for players.

3) Engineers
    One of their strengths is not very desireable. If players felt there was a good reason to have more ac the value of having an engineer in the team would increase.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

Lightbulb

Right now 10 pts AC = -1 maximum dmg only

I'd like to see something like this added to it:

100 pts AC = -1 damage total (like an absorb)

This would reduce minimum dmg as well. Maybe put a cap on that though, you can only reduce minimum to say 50%.

Some Vet hits for ~500 on 0 AC, 200 minimum.
    Only takes 3000 AC to get minimum.
    3000+ AC = vet hits you for 200.
    3000+ AC + RRFE = 140

AC "doesn't matter" which sucks

Now, reduce total dmg by 1 pt per 100 AC.
    3000 AC = 200
    5000 AC = 150.
    3000 AC + RRFE = 140
    5000 AC + RRFE = 105.
    6000 AC + RRFE = 100. (not 98: "new" 50% minimum)
    3000 or 6000 AC + TMS = 50 (With any reflect over ~50%, you don't get the whole bonus from AC absorb, otherwise it would be 0 dmg or near 0, which is too much anyways)

Be nice to subtract 50 from those 1k+ boss mob crits too. BTW, from what I hear about new outdoor mobs, 3k AC with bracers nerfed won't cut it
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things