Thread: Freelance: Representative of a major arms company to visit Rubi-Ka?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Representative of a major arms company to visit Rubi-Ka?

Representative of a major arms company to visit Rubi-Ka?
    April 05, 29481 - Patricia "Letrie" Parsil [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - Several rumours have been circulating in the past few weeks, that key factions within Omni-Tek, is about to enter a big business deal with Subach Corporation, a small time space-arms manufacturer. The representative of said company is said to be arriving on Rubi-Ka this weekend.

The Subach Corporation is, as mentioned, a small space arms contractor, developing orbital weapon platforms for outer rim planets. While they have worked with many different weapon systems, ranging from projectile to heavy beam weapons, then their pride trademark is the Spinal Beam Cannons, said to be nearly as strong as weapons fitted on an ICC Destroyer. The Subach Corporation is said to be a sub-contractor to several of the large Hyper-Corporations, across the galaxy, but this does not include Omni-Tek, who tend to produce all of their weapon systems themselves.

A representative of this corporation, Ireneus Meshander, is said to arrive on Rubi-Ka soon, according to sources within Omni-Tek. Although there is no information in regards to the time, this visit will take place. I have heard from other, and unofficial channels that it may be this weekend. As for the reason of this visit, on the other hand, even a moderately bright Atrox would probably guess that it's about weapons.

Indeed, he would not be wrong, but if what my sources have said is true, the deal will not be about getting new weapons, but disposing of old ones. In particular, the Subach Corporation would recycle an amount of hazardous chemical and biological waste, which has the potential of being used as weaponry, by radical elements.

In exchange, the Omni-Tek factions would send an amount of notum as to cover their part of the deal.

"The deal we are about to conduct [...] will serve to increase the quality of life for all employees of Omni-Tek and Rubi-Ka citizens." Said the person I was in contact with, leaving me to think, that this source may be well placed within the hierarchy of Omni-Tek.

Both the considerable amount of notum to be traded on Omni-Tek's part and the nature of the Subach Corporation being a heavy weapons manufacturer make this deal smell fishy. Or maybe it's just the smell of the toxic waste they're going to recycle?

Sounds like the Clanners have Omni aggrevated enough to start making some deals with outside sources. Maybe its time to decide what side to join.

If the suits are getting their hands on some new hardware, I'm sure some of it will find its way into good hands.
    Love and Peace

Account Reactivated Post-LE and loving it.

To choose Clan = To choose gimpage, Fix This

Depends on who you mean by good hands.

Hey, never hurts to have some extra firepower, I'm all for it.

Perhaps the Black Clan won't be the only group that Omni Tek decides to use NBC tactics on.

I would imagine that we may see new armament and armor for our mechs now also, as many materials deemed "waste" can be developed into weapons and armor for those that can unlock the potential.
    __________________________________________________ _
    Silent "Melphina" Lullaby - 220/30/70 Omni Trader RK-1

Riders Of The Lost Org's First 220/30/70 Trader

Sixth Trader on RK-1 to hit 220/30

still, it's better than 'I got a fetish for a chick from a deep freezer' outlaw star character

don't count on it that Deus ex Machina group thingie went into Channel42 and publicly (as far as you get public there ) questioned the rep & then killed him
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Funny. I'm starting to think you might be part of that terrorist group, Will.

Still, good thing. One less corporate pig in this wicked world.
    I hate signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Galadan View Post
    Funny. I'm starting to think you might be part of that terrorist group, Will.

Still, good thing. One less corporate pig in this wicked world.
    that way we could start pointing fingers at anyone lol, whoever "sounds" su****ious, or looks su****ious
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Who cares who did it, as long as it was done. Kinda wish they got their hands on the hardware though.
    Point Blank