Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are the Tara rules?

Cz i can imagine how obnoxious a task reading the entire bb's would be. At the same time somwhere deep down i'd hope that a FC employee does still read everything we set down here, if only once and with no response.

What's your stance (official) to the buletin boards? only get involved when the ruckus is too loud? read over everything but dont necessarily impose? huh?

Originally posted by illphil
    I know who cz's ma is!! :

Aberic

Oh and cz, how about you just log cz on and we ninja loot everything eh? hehehe

What makes you think its Aberic?
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

My dream is that one day someone at Funcom is going to wake up one morning and actually decide that they dislike camping after all.

Until then, it looks like they have turned over their responsibilities to a single clan. Morons.

Scorus

*Even if i disagree on who broke the warping moratorium.
    Think it doesn't matter who broke it, clanners say omnis did, omnis say clanners did..

Maybe it was neutrals that warped in first?

We will never really know cuz noone can really say who did it first, only what they think.

What I don't like is people that say "Omni/clanners broke it, so let's warp people too"

Why should you break it only cuz someone else did?

If all just stop warping and tell the people that want to warp that they not gonna do it, there won't be much or any warping.

(This had nothing to do with Vergil, only qouted the post cuz it was about warping)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Originally posted by Kzak

And yes, I won a raffle once. The first time I participated, in fact.

What thats sucks major.
    To think I spent like 5months even 6 Trying to get some of that stuff.

I think ill just run around screaming hitting my fists on the wall till I bleed.
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Exclamation Azzazz

That's exactly what we are running into, Azz.

It's especially difficult to enforce when the dungeon is full and you are outnumbered 2:1 or more
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Originally posted by Cloudeh

What thats sucks major.
    To think I spent like 5months even 6 Trying to get some of that stuff.

I think ill just run around screaming hitting my fists on the wall till I bleed.
    Last night a level 127 char came for his first time and won the poker (woohoo!)

He was asked to come down to tara and loot it, and I believe his words were 'um... I've never been here before... How do I get to the lair?'.

I will be providing a web site in the near future that has the Omni RK1 camelot information on it.

It will have a rules set ( Extremly basic, nothing out of the ordinary) it will also contain the information about my bot, and any other procedural info about Camelot on the omni side...

I will also, once i have the time, update the site, so that it contains information about all the people involved on the omni side, as well as all the loot that Omni has won, when, who got it etc... This will be in the near future, and some information will be behind a password, section to keep clan from getting kill times of the latest camelots

I do agree with you Azz, I dont like warping, and it is hard to enforce, (and does it really matter who broke it first) regardless it would be nice to get back to the no warping agreement...

Maybe the clan and omni Tara leaders should sit down and chat again.... I know we are the enemy, however, it would be nice to have fun in camelot instaid of having to deal with problems all the time... let me know what you guys think... Send me a tell ingame, or catch me in IRC...

Cya, enjoy RK
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Originally posted by Meurgen

Last night a level 127 char came for his first time and won the poker (woohoo!)

He was asked to come down to tara and loot it, and I believe his words were 'um... I've never been here before... How do I get to the lair?'.

wow, if a 127 can get tara loot.. maybe i should actually go sometime.

Talking Skymarshal!

Wootz0rs!

Finally! a place to post the tactics necessary for camelot expeditions, and the reasons why.

<grumbles about box room>

Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Originally posted by A²
    cz u just need to join apoc if you want a better chance at winning loot

-they make the clan raid rules like they own taraque
    (oh and they change them too, without even verifying the changes)
    -they organise the kill teams and the raid
    -they admin the tarabot (but raffles are fair, :::rofl::
    -if you disobey an order apoc excludes you from tarabot

personally i hope this whole guild disappears once swg comes
    , actually i hope 1/2 to 3/4 of the 150+ ao population dissapears to swg because thats the problem , theres too many high lvl ppl in the game and nothing else better to do for them
    I wrote Tarabot. It runs on my account. It runs on my server. It runs on my network. I do not register, and I do not enter raffles. I am not in Apocalypse.

I was at the three hour (gah) leaders meeting where the "original" rules were "ratified". I was also at the meeting where the regular heavy hitters at Tarasque decided the rules were overcomplicating things and hacked them up a bit to develop what we have now (which are, ironically, pretty much the same rules we had in the first place, just documented). These rules work.

I have seen time and time again where Apocalypse and its leadership have fought to ensure a fair raffle system for all clanners instead of a weighted one as some clan organizations would like. Other organizations have also fought to provide the environment that we now have at Tarasque. This is not all about Apocalypse.

Your opening statement is unfounded and disrespectful to people who are sacrificing a lot of their resources in order to benefit you.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Originally posted by Cz

Well, I've been saying in the IRC that I am for a few days now, so no big surprise there, really.

However, I have other professions too, and it varies which is my main. MA is just the one I play the most currently. Maybe that's why I never get very high? To little focus.

Hm, 125...? Maybe I should start thinking of going to Camelot anyway...
    100:1 nobody at Funcom has a NT.

*evil grin*

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Originally posted by aaronb
    Your opening statement is unfounded and disrespectful to people who are sacrificing a lot of their resources in order to benefit you.
    Close to 100% of that guy's posts are full of unfounded, stupid statements like the ones you replied to.

And for the record, I finally won something after 50+ tara raids, and I am not a member of Apocalypse

--Tsk

This is getting worse IAM SICK AND TIERED OF THESE CAMPING RULES EITHER YOU KILL IT OR DONT EITHER YOU GET THE LOOT OR YOU DONT, iam sick and tiered of these warp rules and stuff go in a team kill him done stop the whining and favouereing, iam not the only one with this point of VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gajar,

This is a 25% suppression zone. Taking down Tarasque and living to tell about it is going to take a little more than your team. Things escalate and that has brought us to where we are today: hoards of people from both factions involved and the organization that has taken place in order to make the potential reward(s) somewhat equitable.

We've seen teams compete for looting rights. It's how we know we're about to lose control of Tarasque to the other faction for the next few days.

Suppose I should stop feeding the trolls...

One thing

There is a rule on RK2 that states.

When the dragon falls everyone must turn away from tara and face the walls then count to five. If the body is there there we do loot.

People put too much stock in loot.

Play, have fun, kill the 'enemy', be killed in a mad rush to help your team, meet other people from your 'side'. If you are lucky enough to win something, congrats! If not, it's just pixels anyway, there are far more important things in life...like integrity, honor and friendship, which many people seem to forget in the face of the almighty lewt.

When I think about the games I've played, it's always the people and experiences that I remember, not whether I got an uberSword of MonkeyschlongSlicing.

My 2creds,
    Condaan

Originally posted by Gajar
    This is getting worse IAM SICK AND TIERED OF THESE CAMPING RULES EITHER YOU KILL IT OR DONT EITHER YOU GET THE LOOT OR YOU DONT, iam sick and tiered of these warp rules and stuff go in a team kill him done stop the whining and favouereing, iam not the only one with this point of VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rules are for everyone to feel comfortable... Seriously if you dont like the rules and dont want rules and just dont want to follow the raffles and all.. just create your own KS team.. =p The rules are for thouse of you that want to join the raffles... The others.. do what you wish.
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Forget the rules =) Camelot is broke.

-- Fix the warping into the dungeon. To much people is no fun due to lag.

-- Fix the issue that OMNI or CLAN can totally fill a dungeon with their own side making opposition impossible without warping.

I don't need to reanswer how to fix it here, there are already plenty of threads/ideas which would fix these 2 problems on the forums. And i've emailed you a few times...

Val

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast