Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are the Tara rules?

You people scare me.

Tara Rules on RK2 as they stand are if anyone other than Quizotic in the Clans loot its raffeled off to any one in the temporary chat. If Quizotic loot they raffle it off to whomever they think is worthy.

Omni have a point system which is pretty cool I think though most clan leaders dont like it I think its nice. I think people should go take a gander at it myself.

Barbbs 167th Old School Fixer

Arrow

15:1 odds Cz is a clanner on his mains.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Then again CZ If you was to step into my perspective this is how it would go.

Oh yeah and I was date checking some pictures so I could see how long my effort was at camalot.

The earliest picture I could find
    27th January 2002, 18:38:52

My last visit to camalot was on..

26 July 2002, 06:22:24 (lol 6am)
    -I never visited this place on a regular basis till the last month or so, work got in the way-

Now I dont remember MUCH but before The Council worked it charms on Camalot was 'The Dark Carnival' Around then?

So first I went to explore and check the place out.
    Then I went for fun, still not knowing what the Dragon Was killed for, I knew it was uber loot but not EXACTLY what it dropped.

Then I actually found out what it dropped, Dragonflesh/wings and the sorts which TC so harshly put one day..

'More Junk - Lets give it to <insert random name here>'

I was stupid not to log all of this so you CAN call me a liar but I dont care, I wouldnt be posting this for nothing

So I asked how people got the loot, I did respect the fact that these people could have done it without me, but later on you know what happens.

So I was told of a raffle, a Raffle that was held in rome.
    Was I ever entered? Not once.

I still played the goody goody, I never spoke up about why I didnt get loot, I never whined, not once.

This was before EVERY OMNI and his ***** came, there was hardly enough to gather ONE team.

Not much of a pic
    Hehe I just realised my cash, rofl what diiiid I buy again.

One team of TC, when they always used to pull him near the door because of the bad LOS problems up top.

I always hoped the Edge of Tarasque dropped.
    Who knows, anyone with a brain would have taken it and used the NODROP Bug

Okie so months passed and sunddenly ...BAM..alot of people started to turn up.

I mean back in those days , even with ONE team I never ever saw much PVP action till later on.

Still no loot in my posestion(sp?)

There was no way I could join TC, Trinity wasnt formed yet and Mok well.... I think I just left M.O.T.H.E.R who merged with them so..heh.

Then I started to get a bit anoyed why I wasnt getting anything, I have been going for a few months.

Then it clicked when I see people arrive in a week and have about 3 to 4 pieces.

You must think to yourself and this point and go...'its just a game'.

BUT SO MUCH TIME WASTED.

Around lvl 160 I had nothing else to do.
    I have all my implants, and armor and tokens and I had a few special items.

But I was not complete, High level content was gone and having Tarasque Loot was my mission.

At this time TC and Mok -leaders- Despised me, they hated me, and alot of them sent me some very strange tells, not all by leaders but some rogue members.

It wasnt easy to get into the raffles being one of the well known -whiners- as people so keep saying

So I said to myself, we can wait this out, im not in a hurry...

Then Camalot Rules Cam into play. RE: Topic>What are the Tara rules?

You had to be in a team of 6 for 1 point and well Basically if you where a guild and had a plan set out, get all of them in for more chances of winning.

I never always had a team, Great.
    So some of us came to camalot for a lost cause.
    I came to help AND to get loot, I listened to orders and stayed where I was told to stay and Defended the best I could; but this good deed(sp?) came to a sad unrewarded one.

So what did I do? I looked within the guilds and spoke to members, I found people who also where Against the propositions and Ideas of the Current state in Camalot.

I formed a few teams, and there it happened.
    My Team got loot rights.
    But I panicked, at this time NINJA looting was NOT in my mind.
    I closed the loot box and a split second later I god very mad at myself and punched my face. WHY THE **** DID YOU NOT TAKE IT!!!!!

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ight=newterror

But I was accused at first , but newterror, who was also in my team took it.

And I thank him, at least one of us got to =)

So I spent a few more times doing this.
    Infact You do not even have to be teamed, its all a % thing..

Then I made my guild - Tarasque Ninja Looters or Team Six Tarasque.

I had my own team down there, and still the other guilds, TC and Mok had the funny idea the loot belonged to THEM.

I was speaking to one of the members of the tank team and alot of times the XP reward was identical to the thiers.

I was told to get away from the corpse, and every time I did after a long time.

During this I found out who was REALLY my friend and who wasnt, as tells flooded me.

I asked what dropped, and who was having it.
    Some person who I have never seen before, got the hood, so I spoke to her/him and said reluctantly, 'okay, im backing off, you can have it, but you dont know how much this hurts me do to'.

:|

Later on Neutrals started to come, and teamed with OMNI people.

Now the problem is some of them had AUTO ATTACK PLAYER on.
    So everytime I used mongo I would agro every Neutral and Omni gone clan soldier for sleeves.

So most of them turned it off.
    Except Painless2........everytime I mongoed, she would agro.
    Then I got a tell from Argulace telling me to stop attacking her? eh?
    I told him that he should turn off auto attack player.
    I mongoed more, after all this is our 'HP ADVANTAGE' and clan can come at ANY time.

Then he threatned me, saying he would bring clan to kill me.
    And they did.

nothinman, an omni soldier who was clan for the Kahlear? whatever its called sleeves came down.

I, with unfilled hp and nano pool, in a ql 75 biomech cloak and unable tomongo because they knew, If I agroed any one of those neutrals/clan teamed with omni, that would allowed them to attack me.

So it was me not ready for combat...I was attacked.
    So I stood in full defence.
    Nobody helped me (I aksed a few later and they said if anyone helped me they too would be disallowed from loot)

I could not mongo, I had to run off around the edges, but the Dragons had respawned so I couldnt.
    I died.

This happend 2/3 times and I actually got my team to help me once.

There was no other options, I was harrased, I wasnt allowed to get the loot, after months and months of trying and seeing people get it all in a few weeks made me angry, I spent endless nights, EVEN working the next day and being 6am in the morning I tried.

I couldnt take it anymore, there was nothing else to do, no other option, I was even told I was BANNED for camalot, but I thought that was up to Funcom, not the players, but it seemed they had the players, and the ability to keep me out.

This Is probably the only case of it happening, because I know im not well liked, except those few who do like me.

Well, everything I said was a lie ofcourse, bring on the flames and um.

How will I get dragon armor this time around? You know who my new char is? ...hmm probably ebay.
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

Did you even read that, be it very hard to I know yes but... Im lazy
    ¤ Cloudeeeh “Cloudeh MKII” 120 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Cloudeh Dead : 176 Solitus 1HB Enforcer
    ¤ Blizzaga Dead : 96 Solitus Soldier Wannabe
    ¤ Firraga Dead : 64 Opifex “Not a Real Fixer” GA Honey
    ¤ Kjataa Dead : 53 Opifex Morphex Agent Wannabe :]
    I am a Tragic Figure
    Strenghtening, Shroud of night, Waiting weak for Taste of blood, Beneath a halo..Eternal light, I survive, Breathe on.
    Inhuman, Undying, Feast of blood now Pulse through me, Immortal..I'm undying, Eternal..Undead!

[size=0.1]C.L.O.U.D.: Cybernetic Lifeform Optimized for Ultimate Destruction[/size]

cz u just need to join apoc if you want a better chance at winning loot

-they make the clan raid rules like they own taraque
    (oh and they change them too, without even verifying the changes)
    -they organise the kill teams and the raid
    -they admin the tarabot (but raffles are fair, :::rofl::
    -if you disobey an order apoc excludes you from tarabot

personally i hope this whole guild disappears once swg comes
    , actually i hope 1/2 to 3/4 of the 150+ ao population dissapears to swg because thats the problem , theres too many high lvl ppl in the game and nothing else better to do for them

Originally posted by A²

, actually i hope 1/2 to 3/4 of the 150+ ao population dissapears to swg because thats the problem , theres too many high lvl ppl in the game and nothing else better to do for them
    Hehe didnt sound like that when Storm owned Tarasque dont it.. well well.. jealousness is a not good thing.. =p And your know im right. And since when was Loster a apoc? (just to give an example?) But i guess you think everyone that doesnt make you win is apoc right? and once again.. Go ahead and do something yourself oxo...
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Hehe, ty for the plug on the bot... vergil =)

My bot runs Omni Rk1 raffles... rules as far as they have been lately are simple...

It is apretiated that you are 125+, and that you have some ability to listen to directions... If you can do that, and omni win... everyone gets a shot at loot, regardless of anything =)

Its not officioly 125+ but you can assume (cause im saying it now) that its officioly 125+ for omni too.

The bot is going into version 2 sometime this week, and raffles will become much more organized, and take place faster =)

GL to both sides (though omni needs more luck than clan lately hehe )
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Originally posted by barbbs
    You people scare me.

Tara Rules on RK2 as they stand are if anyone other than Quizotic in the Clans loot its raffeled off to any one in the temporary chat. If Quizotic loot they raffle it off to whomever they think is worthy.

Omni have a point system which is pretty cool I think though most clan leaders dont like it I think its nice. I think people should go take a gander at it myself.

Barbbs 167th Old School Fixer
    barbbs, saddly its not just quizotic, currently the omni have this weghted raffle system (which I happen to seem is pretty fair) and you have the clan system, who ever loots the dragon gets to decide wtf they want to do with the loot.. if the items are nodrop .. heh its your lucky day cuz omg the omni are comming and there is no time so screw everyone else .. first come first serve ..
    Devis 194 Agent Retired
    Xxdevisxx 200 Engi
    ----------------
    VASHBot A simple and secure guild/raid bot for AO
    VASHBot Forums

Originally posted by A²
    Don't opinionate when you don't know.

They do not admin the bot, they have access privilages to it's higher level functions, such as instigating raffles, registering for PFs, etc.

There are also a few other people, who are NOT members of apoc, who have the exact same access privilages.

The administration of the bot is handled by the person who created it.

Originally posted by A²

- I think the clan rules have actually been there since the start, they are only on paper now.

-Anyone that want to organize kill teams can do that, just tell the admin so not more than 2 do it.

-We didn't make Tarabot and we don't host it, we have no chance to rig anything (and don't you think our members would have won more often if we did?) Loster was admin before, but didn't want it anymore.

- I don't think anyone have been excluded from the raids yet(can be wrong)
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Bleh, Arbitrary Guild bashing

I've said it before.

I'm the ENEMY and i trust Azz and Javaschick*.

Omni, considering the numbers advantage of clan, have nothing to be ashamed of in their performance on raids. Pound for pund Omnis do well at Tara, Clan just have more people atm.

*Even if i disagree on who broke the warping moratorium.
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

IMHO

Try to do something with the lag.

May god have mercy on you.

[tarabot] sexidoc: There must be like 30 in there.
    [tarabot] sexidoc: There warping.
    [tarabot] Pomy: Can i get MOP?
    [tarabot] javaschick: Charge on 3.
    [tarabot] javaschick: 3
    [tarabot] sexidoc: ready here..
    [tarabot] javaschick: 2
    [tarabot] javaschick: 1
    [tarabot] javaschick: ~~CHARGE~~

Attacking Skymashall.
    [tarabot] Hajk: LAGGG
    [tarabot] Javaschick: EVERYONE CHARGE!!
    (BUNCH OF MISC. People also experiencing LaGG)
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Attacked by ......
    Attacked by .......
    Attacked by .........
    ...... executes Stone feet within your ncu.[/COLOR]
    .... hit you for 650 burst damage.
    ..... hit your for 1340 aimed shot damage. critical hit.
    executing Compelete healing.
    .... hit you for 730 projectile.
    you were hit 300.
    you were hit 530.
    you were hit 200.
    .... hit you for 650 Fling shot damage.
    you were hit 340.
    you were hit 530.
    you were hit 301.
    You died of weapon damage.
    [/COLOR]
    Changing Area.

(People Still chatting about lagg..)

[tarabot] sexidoc: im At the %T .
    [tarabot] sexidoc: opps i mean Insurence reclaim =(

Question What?

Hey, guys, you are loosing contact (to earth/RL).

Could someone explain in clear and simple words what this is all about? What does this mean (own, raffle, etc.)

I am roughly aware of the static dungeon called 'Camelot'. I heared about a MOB named 'Tarasque' and his precious loot. If I would like to visit the formely mentioned spot/MOB, what would I have to expect?

Please be friendly, I don't intend to do so (atm). I am not a PvPer, so it might very well never happen.

So long,

Max(imilian)
    100% curious

hello sweeties,

Camelot castle....such a heated topic. Most clanners are fully aware that I am main admin on the tarabot..Pomy and Jica help admin atm as they are only 2 who have been shown how to do so as Loster did not want to admin any longer. To gain access to the bot all that is needed is to send me a tell or whomever is admining the bot at the time as there is no lvl req to get into chat only into the raffle and those not 125 can be added to chat without gaining access to raffles. As for who owns tara...no one does. Clans and Omni pvp in the castle and attempt to slaughter each other in attempt to win the loot. As Azzi stated those are the 3 rules that we use for raffling of the loot...there are no other rules than that and do not change on a daily basis. I have a script I place in the chat whenever someone asks what are the rules. As for kill team requirement...if i am there i form 1 kill team usually and ask who wants to be in it unless we are pvp'ing then I just grab who I know can get the job done. 2nd kill team is formed by another...90% of time not a 2nd apoc person and they ask in chat who wants to be in a kill team. Sometimes I do not even attend the raids....i just admin the bot from whereever I am if i am busy...ask davesbane he led a raid and i admin'd for him. What we do is to benfit all clanners and make sure everyone at raids get equal chance at winning on every raid...some don't think that's a fair way but the majority do. And as for the banning on the bot...i have banned no one from clan raids...they may be removed from chat if they are causing a great deal of hatred to occur by being mean or cruel. We don't allow fighting with other clanners in tarabot during a raid. If you have something to discuss fine we can no problem as I speak to all of you anytime. But we are there for a purpose not to fight and argue amongst ourselves. If you can't understand the reason for being removed form chat if you are causing problems..then I am sorry for you. You would of course be allowed back in chat at the next raid. Others had been removed from chat but this hadn't been done by myself when I found out about it I re-added the people to the bot. Most of the time things are great and we work well together...sometimes things happen and cause issues and we deal with them as they come. Until you have organized the raids, dealt with all of the complaints, tried to make everyone as happy as possible, tried to make things fair as possible, kept every single clanner informed of spawn times that asks, sent tells to everyone who comes on a regular basis a tell that tara is up, and tried to remain nice to everyone.....please don't make hateful comments about what goes on there. If you are unsure about something ask...I will do my best to get you an answer asap. But don't be hateful it helps nothing.
    I love you all,
    Javaschick
    Member of Apocalypse

Originally posted by Therpest
    i dont hang out in IRC that much was just a good guess are and here is one more , you are clan
    My MA is not. Other chars are though. I also play neutral, and on both dimensions.

Some explaination of Tara raffles as far as I know of them:

Tarasque raid - raid on the dragon by the name of Tarasque in the dungeons underneath Castle Camelot. (Which is a silly place.) The dungeon is a 25% zone, so it's PvP galore, when lag allows.

Raffle = lottery. You can enter the raffle, and you get a random chance of being selected for a piece of loot, provided you enter the draw on that piece of loot. E.g. 50 people enter the draw for a Piece of Dragon Flesh, and you enter as well. You have a 1 in 51 chance of winning the draw. Not a lot, but it's better than nothing.

Example pieces of loot from Tarasque: Gaily Painted Hood, Signet Ring of the Green Knight, Aura Magnifier, Edge of Tarasque, Heavily Padded Overcoat, Smelly Butcher Gloves, assorted pieces of dragon-bits which can be made into very nice armor.

And yes, I won a raffle once. The first time I participated, in fact.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

www.tara.fun.ms For RK2 Omni rules.

(dunno if the page is up atm tho)

Originally posted by A²
    Im not a member of Apoc, how come ive won 3 times at Tara?

Wouldnt it be more members of apoc winning Tara loot if raffles isnt fair?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast