Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are the Tara rules?

Question What are the Tara rules?

Hey d00ds,

Though I'd move into your turf and see what's up. Sooo... while I won't tell you the names , levels and professions of my characters I don't think it's much of a surprise to you that I haven't been in a Tara team yet.

Basically, without me having to read the entire forum, I'm wondering: What are the Tara rules right now? Is there a difference between the dimensions? Do people in general agree with the rules? If you don't agree, what do you think would be a better system? (I am not really a supporter of "I don't like this, but can't give a better suggestion" opinions.)

Educate me, please.

Clan Rules on RK1 (For those clanners that use Tarabot)

1). You must be inside the castle and registered in tarabot before tarasque is attacked, registration will be closed 10 minutes after morgan is killed.

2). You must be level 125+ to participate in the raffles.

3). Prof specific items are raffled only to that profession.

When it's many pfs at same time we usually use same registration for all and if you to late for that, you are too late for raffles.

I wish there could be a rule that you must have common sense, but it's not really possible, complains or whines in chat or to any admin isn't accepted.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

RK2

Clan side is/was when we had tara was simple if you were there before going down to tara and were in the temp chat set up for all that came you get a chance to roll for the loot. there was no guild left out if you were there if over the lvl req you were in... was in agreed upon.... no clan fell apart and omni took over the spawn and appears they have a point system that also seems to be falling apart

heh

yes mine is just an overview, i am sure someone from clan side rk2 has a more detailed list but for the most part it was show up before kill tara or stop omni and get a roll...

Cz, keep in mind who your getting your information from, cause (no offense) some people have warped views of Tara...and how it should go....(*cough* *cough*)

As for me? I like the lottery system, but theres gotta be an easier way to set it up, other than flooding someone with tells, which seems to be the way that us omni's do it...but it beats me
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Omni Rules

Are similar to clan rules. We are coding the rules into the Bot we use.

<edit>* by 'we' i mean Skymarshal and his Awesome bot

Contact Skymarshal and Catalyste

Last edited by Vergil; Sep 2nd, 2002 at 21:37:53.
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Pardon my ignorance, but what are you guys talking about? Is this another one of those things happening in game that you have to visit OOC sites to understand?

Scorus

Originally posted by Therpest
    10:1 odds Cz is a MA
    Well, I've been saying in the IRC that I am for a few days now, so no big surprise there, really.

However, I have other professions too, and it varies which is my main. MA is just the one I play the most currently. Maybe that's why I never get very high? To little focus.

Hm, 125...? Maybe I should start thinking of going to Camelot anyway...

few more tid-bits

For a week or so the clans/OT had an agreement not to warp people into the pf - this allowed people to zone in and kept the dungeon from getting lagged to the point its unplayable.

I was told OT broke the agreement so warping resumed. It would be great if somehow FC could put a limit on how many people/faction can zone this pf.

The real issues with Tarrasque raids cannot be fixed by players alone.

If somehow the camelot castle can be designed so a total of, say 70 people max can be inside - where 35 are clan and 35 Omni - this would solve many issues.

None of the systems aren't the real problem as you make it sound. The rules and regulations, if you would like to call them, will fall apart as there will always be players that think they have some superior right for the loot and either Ninja it, or only share amongts very few ppl which will result that the system is broken once and it will be broken again.

i dont hang out in IRC that much was just a good guess are and here is one more , you are clan

Gimpprof...

The agreement was in place for many weeks.

It's very hard to enforce, As both Javas and I can attest.

I wouldn't believe everything you are told either...
    Vergil : OT NT : Dept of Applied Nanotechnology
    Jobe Plaza
    Retired NT Professional
    Proud Owner of RubiKa's Biggest Banjo Collection
    Server First!

Re: few more tid-bits

Originally posted by gimpprof
    For a week or so the clans/OT had an agreement not to warp people into the pf - this allowed people to zone in and kept the dungeon from getting lagged to the point its unplayable.

I was told OT broke the agreement so warping resumed. It would be great if somehow FC could put a limit on how many people/faction can zone this pf.

The real issues with Tarrasque raids cannot be fixed by players alone.

If somehow the camelot castle can be designed so a total of, say 70 people max can be inside - where 35 are clan and 35 Omni - this would solve many issues.
    all broke it
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Go Cz ;p hihi maybe If your on opposing side i might try out my new gun on ya =p *which i dont Really like yet.. =/ gotta get scope and higher ql on really* ;/
    RK1 - Hajk - Solitus - Lvl 217/DR 16 - Nanotech - Apocalypse
    ---
    Explorer 60% / Socializer 53% / Killer 46% / Achiever 40%

Just to elaborate a bit on the clan rules on rk1, some people have been pushing for weighted raffles, but so far that hasn't flown.

Asmoran has written a bot which we use to raffle items which is entirely random. XX people enter the raffle via a bot command, then the bot rolls a number between 1 and XX, then goes through its database for that particular raffle and finds the person listed as number Y (the random number) and that person wins.

lvl 125+ only. Many people win on the first few times to Tara, those are the lucky ones. I however have been to countless raids and entered countless raffles and I've never won a single thing. And since my guild president wrote the bot, this can assure you that there is no funny business going on, or else you would think I would have won something by now

All in all, it works very well, and 99% of the people seem to be very happy with the way Clan does things currently. Faster than picking numbers and rolling, the old way we did things, and more "random" giving everyone the exact same chance at winning loot.

--Tsk

The rules seem to have been hammered out well, and people are enjoying the system(s) quite a bit more than they did in the past months. Now the problem is camelot itself. The side that wins is whoever gets the most people in the dungeon first. Since the PF fills up, the otherside is then completely outnumbered, and the fight is over before it starts... usually then the other side tries to bring in reinforcements, which get filtered into the second PF, which assures that the side that doesn't get tara #1 gets tara #2. Nice that both factions get lewt, but the fighting that goes on isn't exactly amazing. The last three or four times i've tried to go i've been filtered into a third PF with nearly nobody in it (but other disgruntled folks like myself) and I just choose to throw in the towel then and there.

Re: Re: Re: What are the Tara rules?

Originally posted by Hajkster

Pathetic... Thats not at all how it goes.. and what have you ever done to accomplish anything in Camelot for yourself? stick to the subject will ya? (camelot)

post wasnt even funny
    hehehe, Hajk, that's just how it sounds inside Camelot - keep it up.

You need to be registered with tarabot . if you clan

send me tell or any other admin and i will add you.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

I know who cz's ma is!! :

Aberic

Oh and cz, how about you just log cz on and we ninja loot everything eh? hehehe

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast