Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tara Loot system

Greed is an interesting thing. I'm gonna dust off an old psych experiment I'm sure anyone who ever took psych 101 would recognize.

The scenario is this: A group of people are sitting around a table, the guy running the experiment places a bowl of cash (equal to the amout of people at the table) on the center of the table.

He goes: alright, when I say go, you guys can take money from the bowl. Here's the thing. As long as there is at least 1 dollar left in this bowl every 15 seconds or so, I'll add another dollar. Up until a maximum of (whatever, a hundred bucks, 200 whatever) total.

So. Logically, if the group went in turns, each taking a dollar one after the other, and spacing it out so the guy kept adding a dollar, they would each end up with a fair size of loot when the test was over.

What always happens?

Well, as soon as the guy says "Go" everyone lunges for the cash, sometimes even fighting over the dollar they may have grabbed the same time as someone else.

Instead of waiting for the big score that benefits everyone, people usually grab what they can, as soon as they can. Screw systems, screw fairness, screw long term view

Guess I should get this post deleted tho *winks and Cz* as its from when Omnis ruled every Tara spawn (and several playfields).

But tune into Omnichat (/tell omnichat invite) to see what's happening.
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

What is wrong with that loot system kokk laid out? It seems that it would work.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Problem wasn't the system.

Problem was how ppl reacted to it.

I made this post long before this forum was created when Omnis were owning Tara.

Omnichat got a link to the new rules we're using.
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

Prisoner's Dilemma

It's the prisoner's dilemma. Instead of ppl acting the way they should and getting the maximum benefit, they want to screw everyone else before they do it.

[COLOR=sky blue]All I ask is a little bit of organization during the Tara raids. That way, we won't have to wait for 3 hours to unlock a new playfield or started complaining at the unfairness of the loot system. The system is fair enough as it is.[/COLOR]

From what I can see, there's an ongoing effort to be organized. It's just that you have to get the majority of the people to act as if they're trained and disciplined.

Everyone you deal with in the game is just there to try to have fun - however that person defines it. It's hard to get large numbers of people with "fun" on their minds to act in a coordinated, disciplined way.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12