Thread: Yalm Size Bugs... Please tell me these are fixed.

Yalm Size Bugs... Please tell me these are fixed.

Have the yalm size bugs been fixed on test?

This is one of those glaring bugs that is in your face every day. The whole having your friends appear 1 inch tall when they get out of their yalm was kind of cute for the first month... then nothing happend.. patch after patch has gone by and it seems nobody has noticed this. The game is full of these size bugs but by far this is the worst.

It really becomes a problem when you land at some remote and dangerous location to hunt. You have to run away from your party and come back so they are normal sized. Usually somone returns with a aggro mob in tow.

I can only assume it doesnt get brought up becuase people on test dont have yalms because cash is in shorter supply?

This can't be too hard to fix and its really starting to get old. I'd love to be able to fly somewhere with a group and not hear "God i hate the ***** yalm bug" every time we land.

FC seems to have an all or nothing attitude when it comes to bugs and patches. It seems every little bug fix must be lumped in with the monthly (hell, bi-monthly) content and profession fix patches. The only exceptions would be bug fixes that involve horrendous exploits like the guild banking credit deal.

Why can't they fix a bug or two, and patch whenever? Every week or so? I'm sure none of us would complain. As it is, AO has the feeling of stone sitting in the forest gathering moss. Months go by with no changes, no apparent fixes, and the same ol' day to day bugs.

Not enough money on test? Hmmmmm

Seriously, there are many issues with scale of which the yalm bug is but one example. It shouldn't be that hard to sort, after all its no different (in terms of what happens graphically) from someone appearing after going through a whumpas or the grid - and you appear the right size then.

Anyway, 14.5 is a content patch, so not many bug fixes this time round. Lets wait and see what 14.6 brings.

I agree though, more smaller patches would be nice, but I suspect the issues involved in developing, internal testing, external testing, patch building, patching.... well, you get the picture. Still, once a month would be nice...

the yalma bug and visible 1k token board bug for clans should be fixed already. damn you funcom
    Techno-Wizard

No matter how messed up the code for AO is, a client saying to the server 'I am this big' and the server sending that to the other clients can't possibly be hard to do!

Arrow

You wouldn't have thought so... Its just another byte, server says 'you see player X, they use these meshes and these textures, and oh, btw, they are this scale...' - frankly the harder bit (when you change scale and everyone in visual range has to be notified) is the bit that works...

Maybe they should copy most parts of "The Mid" code, I consistently pop out in "normal" size from a Mid, but not the Yalmaha... only difference should be "monstertype=xxx"

Originally posted by Bhaaz
    AO has the feeling of stone sitting in the forest gathering moss.
    I think that's insightful, but I'm not sure. What does it mean?
    Click Click BOOM

www.proveuswrong.com
    BoomDoom - Lvl 146 NT
    Thugdoom - lvl 80 enforcer
    EmissaryDoom - lvl 75 Crat
    ProfDoom - Lvl 57 MP
    Nursedoom - lvl 57 Doctor

Originally posted by BoomDoom

I think that's insightful, but I'm not sure. What does it mean?

Same as watching Paint Dry, and Grass Grow....

Not enough money?

My first char on the test server wandered to the ICC area en route to newland. When I womped in there was a bughunter talking to three chars: one lvl130 guy turned around, and without saying a word, gave me 10M credits. He said there was more where that comes from.

Originally posted by Meurgen
    Not enough money?

My first char on the test server wandered to the ICC area en route to newland. When I womped in there was a bughunter talking to three chars: one lvl130 guy turned around, and without saying a word, gave me 10M credits. He said there was more where that comes from.
    Hmm I might have to go back then. I really wanted to have the funds to be able to get flight ability and be able modify my map with changes in the beta ahead of time. I had gone earlier to do this and gave up after a week or so. Just too much work to go through just to be able to map terrain.