Thread: Rubi-ka sport

Rubi-ka sport

The other night in my apartment, I dug out a family heirloom video. Old Earth once had teams that played "sports" against one another. But they weren't killing each other. Instead, they fought to get an odd-shaped ball across a "goal line." From my family vids, it seems the Blue Bombers were really good at it.

So... given the game mechanics of AO, would it be possible to play a team sport? Here's my suggestion:

Based on ancient football rules (Canadian, of course), your team tries to march an object downfield into an endzone. To start, a person on team A runs downfield with the object. Team B defends by a) reducing the person to (?)% health or b) snaring (?) seconds without making (?) co-ordinate clicks downfield. If either scenario occurs, team A must give the object to a team B player. (Note there's incentive "not" to kill the object-carrier, as the object goes back to reclaim with them).

When the object-carrier fears losing possession due to snare/healthloss, he/she can trade it to a healthier/upfield teammate, who then runs it or trades it further downfield. (These trades must be broadcast in /ch v before (after?) the teammate can take possession). If Team A moves the object (?) co-ordinate clicks forward in (?) seconds, they may pause for (?) seconds to heal. If they run/trade the object into the endzone, Team A is officially awards 11 points.

Those (?) denote numbers that would get filled in along the way. 11 is my favourite number.

There are gaping holes in the sport, but those Eskimos sure cheated in the old CFL league! I guess my questions are...

With a select bunch, is this type of game possible within AO's game mechanics? If so, what's a better way?

Where's a good place? I'm on RK-2, and there are miles and miles of empty pvp zone. Somewhere renown for no lag. Or beasties. No, wait, maybe it's better with beasties hehehe

I'm no braino with pvp mechanics. What's a better way to move an object downfield? What's a better defense mechanic? What other rules need to apply to make it a fun game?

Wouldn't the fixer blue beam of notum goodness be the best referee signal ever?

Would anyone play?

<Dorfone executes "3rd quarter beer-spillage" within your NCU>

Ya see... I'm planning something, and I'm up to no good. *ominous*
    Dorfone
    Fixer
    XIII Neutral, Rk-2

I was Rambo in the disco
    I was shootin' to the beat
    When they burned me in effigy
    My vacation was complete.

My boyfriend and I were thinking once that a sport on Rubi-Ka would be a great idea. Our idea was something like the ancient Aztec ball game... where 2 teams have to throw a ball through a hoop. The Aztecs combined sacrifice with this game: The losing team was killed. I think this would be a kinda cool idea for a Rubi-Ka game.
    *Atlantean*
    Firelle, Veteran of Valor Eternal
    Babylon, Plasticity, Sumeria, Senzi, Nefret, Haloed, etc.

*Rimor*
    Vivaryn

Cyclophenia - Played on GSP! Support Viredan's musical creations so he can buy more Plummo!

This is what we've come up after trying the Cenobyte tag;

- Start off with 2 teams with the same number of players on each side.
    - Choose a reasonably difficult mob (cenobyte, sand mantis, blubbag, depends on the level)
    - Agree on the end points (could be difficult if the environment has no natural markers, perhaps pull towards 2 players who are hovering above ground in yalmahas).
    - Taunt the mob with basic taunt nano, and try to pull it towards the opponents zone
    - When the endpoint is reached, 1 point is awarded to the winning team. Pull the mob back to the center and repeat.
    - You can't use combat nanos, or weapons against the mob. Decide on whether players can heal themselves and/or teammates. Also decide if you want to use armor or only social clothes.
    - The game ends when either one of the teams is killed by the mob, or when a certain score is reached.
    Ananke - Carrah - Loretta

ZWhen the going got tough, the tough ran away