Thread: Freelance: Silverstones Night Out

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Silverstones Night Out

Silverstones Night Out
    March 28, 29481 - Danica Bast [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - Clansmen, I have brought you weird and interesting news in my short time reporting for the IRRK but this one beats everything to date. We all know Simon Silverstone as the ruthless leader of the Sentinel clan. We know Silverstone the most wanted. We know Silverstone the fearless, but do you know Silverstone the nightclub patron?

I had just finished an urgent mission for a clan agency when whispers began circulating and I was informed that Simon Silverstone himself was in West Athen, walking towards The Cup. I hurriedly leapt into my yalm and sped at top speed through the Wailing Wastes to see this first hand.

I arrived, walked inside and saw that the rumours were true. Simon Silverstone was in The Cup ordering a drink. I was the first one on the scene but he easily engaged me in conversation while enjoying a bottle of wine. We chatted for a few minutes and I began realizing that Silverstone, while being a fierce and often hated leader of the Sentinel Clan, was just like the rest of us.

Regretting that I had no questions prepared for him, I decided that it was best to let him enjoy his night out, as this probably doesn't happen often. I left just as Cherelle "Xeenah" Clay and Kotras "Kotts" Clay arrived to speak with the commander and join him in his night out.

I was later contacted by a person, who’s identity will remain anonymous. Said person described what took place during the rest of the night. It seems that death follows the Sentinels. "Cynotor", a member of the Nanomage Liberation Front and host of the alternative cooking show "Cooking With Iron",showed up in the Cup and proceeded to harass Mr. Silverstone, who showed incredible restraint and left the bar instead of killing him.

The group moved to The Happy Rebel in Tir where Cynotor, who harassed the group, followed them again. Silverstone, now that he was in Tir, decided to move locations, again, showing restraint uncommonly written about with regards to his stance and neutrals.

As the group walked outside, Cynotor apparently pushed the wrong button and Silverstone swung his rifle from his shoulder and shot Cynotor dead. There were no reports of any more violence but a small crowd did gather around the famous Sentinel to discuss things ranging from the Council of Truth to other recent events.

As Mr. Silverstone left, it was reported that the patrons sat and talked for another hour about the current state of things. They all agreed that it was great seeing this legendary figure out for a night of relaxation, even though he did have to kill someone in the process.

-Danica Bast

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: IRRK View Post
    even though he did have to kill someone in the process.

I pity the man who has to resort to violence when under stress.

A more humane way would be to throw offender in the prison for a month.

Ofc, simply shoting someone is more economical. Cost of 1 bullet is about 0.29 credits, a month in prision on diet of water and meatloaf 1800 credits on the other hand. Altho feeding a cook with meatloaf for a whole month might not be that humane.
    "War may be Hell....but it's good for business!"
    -The Association for Merchants,Manufacturers, and Morticians

[Kintaii]: Dude, I *am* weird
    [Kintaii]: I came to accept this many years ago and am much happier for it. XD
    [Kintaii]: Besides - I work on *AO*. That right there is proof of my oddness.

If I had the choice of being killed, winding up at reclaim and barfing a little from rezzing, or being imprisoned for an entire month, I know which I'd pick.

You run around getting in people's faces - especially the face of someone like Silverstone - odds are you're going to get yourself killed on this planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

It's not like the noisy NLF members have it coming, being there barfing their motto like zombies each time something happens then running where gas will protect them.

The funny news is 'stone being social, warning before shooting... Who reformed him ?
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Well, have to admit he seems to be learning to let loose a bit...although letting loose with his rifles going to far.

Guess he has learned something though from the last few "drinking" trips certain groups of neutral have been running to Tir. Seems as though he might be softening up which is good. Maybe he'll join in the singling next time we're all in town!
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    The funny news is 'stone being social, warning before shooting... Who reformed him ?
    Maybe he felt kinda sorry for the trox?
    Point Blank

i got to say it sounds as though he was in an incredibly good mood. And the restraint thing with the silly NLF member, never knew he had it in him. I like this new Silverstone. i also saw him at the cup, but didnt want to harras him.

*casually wipes coffee from the monitor of her Grid-computer*

*mutters* To think I get called a psycho when I accidentally send some poor chap to Omni-Med...

But dat's tha first time ole' Silverstone made me crack a laugh. It's always funnier when it happens to others, eh.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

I have an image of the shooting.

Cynotor was tough about it though. He stood there as bullets tore into his armor. Most people would have run...though theres no guarantee that he wouldn't have come across Fisk or Wickham who wouldn't have given him any chance at all.

*presses the beeping com-unit and read the incomming news flash and mutters something to herself, types in a message, smirks and presses "send"*

*mutters to herself* they havent seen the last of us yet
    "Sincerity is an openness of heart that is found in very few people. What we usually see is only an artful disguise people put on to win the confidence of others." ~François de La Rochefoucauld

I say we get him massively drunk, and then wake up naked in a wet bed full of attractive neutral and omni ladies.

All proceeds from the videotape sales will be donated to a worthy cause, minus a minuscule administration fee, of course.
    --
    The nootie's infamous black joker, Jujuwalker :
    RP profile : http://www.ao-universe.com/tools.php...ion=show&id=74
    --

La censure est la negation de l' esprit. (Censoring is the negation of thought) --Yvirnig
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- Hunter S. Thompson
    --
    QUOTE OF THE DAY : And remember : you minions SHOULDN'T BE THINKING!

Silverstone is bewing all cheered up and friendly now? Now I start to worry...

Since when did Silverstone show this new attitude? If he have something special up his sleeve for us omnis (or maybe even neutrals) I would not like to be at the receiving end of his scheme...

Any undercover agents or clanners sympathizing with Omni-Tek who have some inside information on this sudden change in Simon's attitude? If you do, please contact us. I would guess Omni Intern-Ops, Omni-Pol, Omni Reform or Omni-Admin should know of this, depending on the nature of the information.

I am not employed any of those departments, so I would not be the one to contact about this. I only have a low rank in Omni-Med.

((OOC: My affiliated character is not same name as my forum name.))
    Last edited by Lupe; Mar 30th, 2007 at 05:07:33.

I often find that shooting neutrals and omni-tek personnel while IN the bar to be far more efficient.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    I often find that shooting neutrals and omni-tek personnel while IN the bar to be far more efficient.
    I've seen you do it