Thread: OTPC: Hackers steal undisclosed sum from Omni financial systems

OTPC: Hackers steal undisclosed sum from Omni financial systems

OTPC: Hackers steal undisclosed sum from Omni financial systems
    March 28, 29481 - [Global]

OTPC: At the height of the authorities' response to the bombings in Omni-1 and Rome this Monday, an undisclosed figure of money was transferred from Omni financial databases to neutral dummy bank accounts by hackers operating in the confusion caused by the high degree of high priority traffic on Omni-Tek's communications grid at the time.

It is suspected the hackers may be linked to those responsible for the bombings, due to the precise timing of their own attacks. Omni-Pol have yet to confirm if they are still connecting the bombings to the ongoing case they have so far suspected ties to in light of these new facts.

An Omni-Pol spokesman has announced that they will be conducting a thorough investigation into all aspects of this matter and hope to have a conclusive view of the case soon.

the fact that it is an undisclosed figure suggests theyve lost a very substantial sum, congrats to whoever stole it.

*shakes her head*

Been years I've been telling 'em things had to be monitored more closely. Mebbe I should offer my services as a tester again. Now dat was a fun job.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Hmmm... Perhaps Newland could offer them a loan? I'm sure we could offer very competitive interest rates...

*s*******
    Trixie "Tryqz" Rhaiyne, Newland Council Science Minister