Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So it's not allowed to hunt for GA/NS ?

So it's not allowed to hunt for GA/NS ?

Steffani hunted for different QL of GA/NS and that is not allowed obviously, even when you are there first.

As it takes up to months killing the same mobs that might have a chance to drop GA/NS, it means you have to kill hundreds or even thousands of grey mobs for hours each day, and now it seems this is not allowed by Funcom.

As the only way to get GA/NS is dominating a decent spawnplace for days, weeks, months and as FC doesn't tell us what mobs really drop it, we have to guess what mobs that might be and kill them for a very very long time.

So the message is, we are not allowed to hunt for GA/NS Funcom ?

As that's exactly what ARKs/GM ordered Steffani to do, this is FCs ruling: "You aren't allowed to hunt for GA/NS, it is harrasment"
    Last edited by Greystar; Sep 9th, 2002 at 09:54:22.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

Re: So it's not allowed to hunt for GA/NS ?

Originally posted by Greystar
    So the message is, we are not allowed to hunt for GA/NS Funcom ?

As that's exactly what ARKs/GM ordered Steffani to do, this is FCs ruling: "You aren't allowed to hunt for GA/NS, it is harrasment"
    I'm looking into the specific case, and will not comment on it to people not involved in it.

However, you are absolutely free to hunt for Grid Armor and Nullity Sphere discs, and other loot on lower level creatures, of course. We will not stop you from doing this.

Cz, can you explain kill stealing for me?

Do the first person that attack a mob "own" that mob, or am I allowed to attack too?
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Re: Re: So it's not allowed to hunt for GA/NS ?

Originally posted by Cz

I'm looking into the specific case, and will not comment on it to people not involved in it.

However, you are absolutely free to hunt for Grid Armor and Nullity Sphere discs, and other loot on lower level creatures, of course. We will not stop you from doing this.
    Maybe you don't know how to get GA/NS ? Because what Steffani tried to do and many others did for months now, is unfortunately the only way to get those items with a decent chance. But now you don't allow it and call it killstealing and harrasment, or at least that's how it looks at this time ?

Btw if killstealing were harassment, you would have to ban everyone going to Smuggler's Den, because every team tries to killsteal from the others there, for hours each time.

Well back to GA/NS, most if not all Non-npc mobs in the right level range have a chance of dropping GA/NS, or at least we, the players believe this, as we don't know really for sure, that includes snakes and the beetle has a chance to drop GA4 even, so it's maybe one of the best places to get these rare discs. And that means to kill all mobs there for weeks or longer, who knows.

As you forbade Steffani to do this, it looks to me that at this time it is not allowed to hunt for GA/NS discs.
    Last edited by Greystar; Sep 9th, 2002 at 10:07:15.
    RK1 Guild Apocalypse

Dillon "Duradas" Belote, Fixer
    Kiyoko "Selarana" Vallone, Meta Physicist
    Donald "Jorman" Dublin, Bureaucrat
    Burl "Gnorrg" Marinos, Enforcer
    Florence "Florania" Aronstein, Doctor
    ----
    RK3, Arnold "Gideon" Reineman, Enforcer

I know very well how to get GA and NS discs, Greystar. I hunt for them myself sometimes.

I said "you are absolutely free to hunt for Grid Armor and Nullity Sphere discs".

You reply with "But now you don't allow it and call it killstealing and harrasment"

Not sure where you didn't understand what I wrote. You are allowed to. I'm fairly sure that we will find that this was an honest mistake when we get to talk to the involved people. No need to flog anybody for it.

Azzazzimon, I'll check with Customer Service on that. I know e.g. Tara is considered free-for-all, due to its nature, so I suspect other unique mobs are considered the same.

Azzazzimon, I'll check with Customer Service on that. I know e.g. Tara is considered free-for-all, due to its nature, so I suspect other unique mobs are considered the same.
    Thanks Cz, I really want to know about normal mobs too, I want to know when I'm not allowed to attack a mob/NPC, I understand that it's not very bright of me if I stand in by1 with my NT, area nuking all leets so the lvl 1 toons can't lvl and never can leave the backyard, but I really want to know when I can get a warning for just attacking mobs, maybe an example would be nice.
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Harrassing?

On what acctions I was Harrassing? Last time I was there I was low level and killing snakes. I do not know how the spawn behavior in that area.. CZ are you going to list all the spawn behavior in this game?

The same person that petition me calling me Loser and idiot, do you think I should do what he says? and yet FC never comfronted that player.. just went from his view.. not mine. I was there first.. he was harrassing me.. I should go there with a level 50 and petition everyone that kills snakes.. what that be fair?

so a level 50 and level 200 has different treatments? I thought this was a 4 year game or more. meaning you will treat low level player with more respect than your loyal high level players? which low level players are equal as well and loyal.

Steffani, you and I are already e-mailing each other on the issue, right? How about asking me, and then you can post, instead of communicating with me in two channels at the same time?

No, you were never harassing, in my opinion. I also think you never disrupted gameplay for anybody. Read my e-mail.

Idea

Originally posted by Cz

Can we get the castle gas lowered?

What this whole thread is about, essentially:

We have to know about the rules if we are to stand a chance of following them.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Or you could do away with the need for this kind of camping activity (which is proven to almost invariably lead to harrassment and the need for GM/ARK intervention) altogether. But it has become painfully obvious that you don't want to do that...

Scorus

Smile You know...

Someone could just give Steffani a GA4 disc instead

/me needs dragon armor!!

Ok.. on a more serious note, I am in agreement with others here that camping "good loot" is remarkably annoying, and in many cases in conflict with lowbie hunting or lowbie questing. It would really be nice if Funcom were to take a careful look at the items that are in high demand and over-camped, and make those camps less stressed.

I don't mind killing 160 den smugglers for a set of Mk2, or Trash King for a comm rack. However, it annoys me to no end to have to call on high level friends to outdamage other teams to get any of the "good" items.

Re: You know...

Originally posted by Talys

/me needs dragon armor!!

Ok.. on a more serious note, I am in agreement with others here that camping "good loot" is remarkably annoying, and in many cases in conflict with lowbie hunting or lowbie questing. It would really be nice if Funcom were to take a careful look at the items that are in high demand and over-camped, and make those camps less stressed.

I don't mind killing 160 den smugglers for a set of Mk2, or Trash King for a comm rack. However, it annoys me to no end to have to call on high level friends to outdamage other teams to get any of the "good" items.
    Yes I agree!!! Hey I need GA4 also!! I can make a fixer alt!

I think the underlying issue needs to be resolved yes. They force us into the situation.

Re: You know...

Originally posted by Talys

/me needs dragon armor!!

If good loot was abundant it wouldnt be good anymore...

Got to agree with CZ that bringing the original issue to the boards is not called for. When you feel badly treated by FC representatives (ARKS) remember they are guys working for free. They are bound to make mistakes sometimes, and even abuse their powers. Same goes for paid GM's.

But issues like this are just sad or based on misjudgement and are better dealt with outside of the forums....
    Last edited by neida; Sep 10th, 2002 at 00:13:45.

well...I wanna know, so if I camp I don't get in trouble.......

:-\
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Angry Dont you know you were to dupe Credits for GA... so it seems

Yes dont you know how to get it? You were saposta dupe tons of cash and then throw som 80 Mill at it when it's being sold.

GR is for the lucky or Uber it's not for the person who is really level 60. They are totally screwed.

Sorry been looking for it for 3 months now and cant compeat with ubers and cash dupers. My Main is only 64 even though I have been playing since day 1 (as a paying beta tester)

Bitter? Gettin there.

How about making GA Nodrop too so every uber on the planet cant hunt it.

Originally posted by Cz
    I know very well how to get GA and NS discs, Greystar. I hunt for them myself sometimes.

I said "you are absolutely free to hunt for Grid Armor and Nullity Sphere discs".

You reply with "But now you don't allow it and call it killstealing and harrasment"

Not sure where you didn't understand what I wrote. You are allowed to. I'm fairly sure that we will find that this was an honest mistake when we get to talk to the involved people. No need to flog anybody for it.

Last edited by Koyote; Sep 15th, 2002 at 00:09:35.

Angry Re: Dont you know you were to dube Credits for GA... so it seems

Oh Any kindly soul out there I am offering 35 Mil and a full suit of 200 carbon for gr MK 1. Yes I raised my money with old school FA sales Scopes and even my Pioneer backpack and guess what?

I get laughed at, flamed and Mocked for offering so Little.

Boy I wish I was an Uber so I could just toss 80 mill for it or just go around Lumping things easy to get it instead of strugglin at level 57 (my fixers level)

Sorry just getting a lil Bitter over how the price went for 10 mil (which is insane for a ql 60 disk) To 80 mil after the guild Dupe exploit ext. This game is getting to be for the ubertwinks anymore and not for the backbone of players.

I sure hope Microsoft does something with the Shadowrun License it ownes.

Originally posted by Koyote
    Yes dont you know how to get it? You were saposta dupe tons of cash and then throw som 80 Mill at it when it's being sold.

GR is for the lucky or Uber it's not for the person who is really level 60. They are totally screwed.

Sorry been looking for it for 3 months now and cant compeat with ubers and cash dupers. My Main is only 64 even though I have been playing since day 1 (as a paying beta tester)

Bitter? Gettin there.

How about making GA Nodrop too so every uber on the planet cant hunt it.

Originally posted by Azzazzimon

Cz, can you explain kill stealing for me?

Do the first person that attack a mob "own" that mob, or am I allowed to attack too?

Originally posted by Cz

Still waiting for the answer so I know what I can attack and what I can't.

soo...what is kill stealing that you said isn't allowed?
    Azzazzimon

Account closed.

Cz, we need to know the definitions of 'kill-stealing', the ARKs/GMs interpretations of the same, the exceptions to the rule, and so on.

If this information isn't provided, how will we, the players, know when a fine (but invisible) line has been crossed?

Will we risk being /petitioned against every time a mob is contested by two or more teams?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

While i dont speak for funcom or their rules ... from what i remeber ( and those of you who know me know this as fact )

Killstealing : IS neither punishable nor a real offense . It ( last i remeber ) is not even suppose to be considered as harashment unless words of an offensive nature are exchanged . Killstealing shouldnt even be handled by ARK or anyone ... it is a dispute between 2 players , something that GM's nor ARK can get involved in . If you petition about it you should get the response " please try and resolve this between yourselfs , there is nothing we can do "

... {Edited by moderator}

thats where the line is drawn . That is totaly unacceptable . BUT ... Both ARKs and GMs need to catch them saying it ... no he said she said stuff . no logs from players nor screen shots . The ark/gm needs to wittness it .

My question to the community and to Funcom : If this is the case , Has the ARK program sunk that low and started taking sides and beleiveing what others say instead of seeing it for them selfs ? Are they bending their own rules and regulations ?

I admitt to knowing nothing about what is going on , Just answering Azz's question . Hope that clears things up for u azz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast