Thread: "Not as intended" - Funcom's real problem

Angry "Not as intended" - Funcom's real problem

How do we trust Funcom at all when all these nerfs come out with the statement: NOT WORKING AS INTENDED...

How are we the players do know this? We have no baseline or developer notes to discuss how things are supposed to work.

If others are willing to add to this list, since I can't think of them all at the moment.

Things not working as intended (past and present):
    1) Soul Fragments of any QL working when making Virral Egg (nerfed so that only ql190+ eggs work);

2) Any QL Mass Relocating Robot (Shape Hard/Soft Armor) works to make any QL armor, e.g., ql 60 MRR (not PPPE) makes ql 200 carbonum (IS this as intended or will this be nerfed?);

3) Trader team heals not working as intended (nerfed after a year of them being wrong - who told the players?);

4) Wearing 2 IQ rings on people before the pre-IP reset (nerfed with original unique item nerf - wasn't working as intended???);

5) ....please start inserting yours here....

If the developers really play the game, maybe they could come out with some kind of list of how things are supposed to be so that the players have some notice of what is intended.

If I lose even one item in my bank because of the unique nerf, I'm gone. I have 2 Omni-InternOp coats in one backpack, in my inventory, they were just made unique (recently), and I dare not take them out, since I can't wear either one yet.

But I have this bad feeling that since we were just told that since this was a "bug" and "not working as intended" I should remove/trade/delete them. Thanks Funcom, I've done enough of that before, but I'm too fed up with you and being given bad directions or no directions only to be told now that I'm exploiting by having two coats in a pack.

that won't ever happen. they work under a veil of secrecy. if u know anything, the 2 evil twins will come to your house and kill you slowly.

they have little scorpius in their minds. frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill frill ...

scorpius created the three dot theory that killed all the NTs.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Hell, I dunno... I just sail these stormy seas and hope for the best. But I've got one in reverse for you...

"...stuns now work as intended..."

... and two days later they were nerfed because they were fixed to work "as intended".

And another point, I don't believe any of the proffessions as they exist now - with the exception of two or three maybe - reflect the developers original visions of them. I simply believe too many spur of the moment decisions are made over at the FC camp. At least that's the way it seems being on the outside looking in. And if I'm wrong on that, then it's FC's fault for it's horrendously sheety communication with it's customers. I believe poor Cz and Cosmik are just meat sheilds for the developers; they're not told too much it seems and what they do know, the usually aren't allowed to tell. Yet they must come here more or less neutered of the ability to share any knowledge they may have and deal with us and our questions.

Ah well... at least I have my friends in game. I believe they're "working as intended" and are pretty well nerf proof.

Originally posted by Rayfield...
    they have little scorpius in their minds.
    ever seen the sci-fi series "farscape"?

anyway..... when the developers made this game they had 3 problems.

1: the players (us) thought of stuff they never imagined.
    2: we found bugs that let us do stuff we weren't supposed to do
    3: they had to release AO prematurely, and because of that, it was full of bugs.
    4: what looks good on paper does not allways look good in "reality"
    5: I obviously don't know how to count to three.

AO is a dynamic game, where rules change. Things that were perfectly legal yesterday is illegal today.

btw, when speaking of nerfs.... the part where we no longer loose XP after lvl 6... was that to help newbies? Or to nerf tokenfarming at lvl 6? Not that I mind. It only means that /terminate can be used as transportation longer (when I say that, I suppose it will be nerfed too. somehow)

Oh, yeah. You said that thing about traders. You know when the last time I lvld my trader? Yup. before the nerf. After the trader healnerf, I only drag him out to wrangle my friends. I loved the juggling skills, health and all that. But a trader's role is no longer what I thought was fun about it. Traders IMO has turned into "highlvl shotguns that have one useful outside of combat buff-line"

Apparently, this thread isn't working "as intended" as it's not registering replies, views or bumping to the top when posted to. :\

Originally posted by Bhaaz
    Apparently, this thread isn't working "as intended" as it's not registering replies, views or bumping to the top when posted to. :\
    ROFL

I don't know if any of our posts ever work as intended. FC rationallizes things in ways that make little sense to me/us.

I'll add to this line

what about MA crit buffs? what reason in the friggin world could there have been to get rid of those?

That was about the only thing that made mas any good to a team until recently (most people get mas to tank when they can't get enforcers, and some take mas INSTEAD of enforcers) this isn't a major gripe, just wondering, I miss those buffs, would turn my doc with a shotgun into a one person red slaying army.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."